+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa processing time

SR225

Jul 5, 2020
Hello,
I have admitted to the Canadian university for fall 2020. I am planning to apply for student loan to pay my tuition fee by the end of July. And apply for study permit by then. Is there any chances of getting visa before the start of my studies in September?
Would you please help me with my query?

Thank you for your time and consideration in advance

intelextreme

Star Member
Oct 7, 2017
I think it is super tough at this point. Processing times can be above 10 weeks and most universities are opting out for online Fall semester already. You can't go to Canada to get a job and that wouldn't do you good financially.

SR225

Jul 5, 2020
If I apply in this way. Is there any chances of getting visa? Because processing time is 12 weeks for the study permit.

I'll go to Canada by the end of this year. Can you pl tell me is there any chances of getting visa if I apply by the end of July?

intelextreme

Star Member
Oct 7, 2017
Nobody can tell you your chance of getting a visa without more information about your background. However, deferring your study and entry till January 2021 seems wiser.

Harjas1997

Star Member
Jul 8, 2016
Hello,
I have admitted to the Canadian university for fall 2020. I am planning to apply for student loan to pay my tuition fee by the end of July. And apply for study permit by then. Is there any chances of getting visa before the start of my studies in September?
Would you please help me with my query?

Thank you for your time and consideration in advance
Right now, the processing time is so slow. You can still give it a shot as they have introduced new 2-step processing for a fall study permit. But, the admissibility into Canada still depends upon the CBSA officer. It is better to defer your intake and apply for a study permit( online) as soon as possible.