+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

visa office is processing my application ?

Alfrank

Nov 3, 2017
Hello there,

How do I get to know what Visa office is processing my application ?

I had received an ITA and applied for Permanent Residency a few months back. Yesterday I received an email asking me to send my passport to stamp the PR Visa. Since I am in the middle of a travel at the moment, I need to request for an extension to submit my passport using the IRCC Web form. While filling out the form I need to mention the Visa office that is processing my application.

Any help is appreciated

SoniaJav

Star Member
Sep 19, 2014
The ready for visa email will have a address that will tell you. And also there is a link on cic page where it says what nationality if processed at which office.

Also do you really need extension??
If you are travelling....you can email back on the same email...and ask them ti change your visa stamping office to your current location.

Alfrank

Nov 3, 2017
Hey @SoniaJav , thanks for you reply.

Yes I do need an extension, I am an Indian living in the US, I need to be back in the US in a certain time frame...can't risk changing the stamping office to a different one right now, also I need my passport to travel around.

Since my residence is in the US, I would imagine my application is being processed at a Visa Office in the US, I am not sure which one. BTW this is just a guess.