+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa Office in Rome - Italy

Karshini

Oct 18, 2018
Greatings to all i need an help
A month ago i wrote to my visa office rome after 12 months and i was no getting a reply to those who are in queue for being interview in tirana but did not set a date , so yesterday i wrote again and i got this answer differently from the first email .”Thank you for contacting IRCC Rome.
Please be advised that this application was received in Rome and is currently in the queue for processing/being processed in Rome. Please expect some time to pass before receiving notice of the next step.
If we require any additional information or a decision has been made, we will contact you.
To check application processing times, go to http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/index.asp.
Sincerely,
IRCC Rome
I really need help
You should be getting an answer soon. I send my file in june 2018 and I just got my medical passed and I got the same email like you 3 weeks ago and last week I got an email saying i was on queue for an interview and today I got an email saying interview is sheduled for next week.

Alda

Sep 13, 2018
I
You should be getting an answer soon. I send my file in june 2018 and I just got my medical passed and I got the same email like you 3 weeks ago and last week I got an email saying i was on queue for an interview and today I got an email saying interview is sheduled for next week.
Well i dont know i have 6 weeks from this email and they dont send me an email yet ..

Marsiii

Star Member
Dec 12, 2018
Hi, Is there anyone from May 2018? I applied on 25of May, 2018. My file was sent in Rome on 26th of July. My husband sent an email to Rome embassy (16 March). They said our file is currently in the queue for processing/ being processed. Till now nothing.

Marsiii

Star Member
Dec 12, 2018
Hi there,

I recently got my PPR from Rome Visa Office and waiting for my COPR right now. Here is my timeline:

Express Entry
FSW-outland
2 applicants (myself and spouse)
Rome VO
AOR - 27 Nov 2017
ADR (spouse travel history) - 8 Dec 2017
Request to re-do medicals - 1 Feb 2018
Medicals passed (approximatly) - 10 March 2018
Ordered GCMS notes - 14 June 2018
Got notes with Assesment section stating Passed - 13 July 2018
Contacted Rome VO - 16 July 2018
PPR - 17 July 2018
Passport sent - 19 July 2018
Passport recieved by RVO - 20 July 2018
COPR approved - 27 July 2018
COPR recieved - waiting....

If you havent ordered GCMS notes yes I would suggest that you do so ASAP. It wont hurt and it will help you understand where her file is at. It might as well be that (like it was in my case) her application was approved, but the PPR has not been sent out yet. No idea what happened there, but as soon as we raised an enquery with RVO they issued my PPR the following day.

Hope this helps and the best of luck to you.
Hi, My deadline is 25 May, 2019. Do you recommend to order GCMS notes now? My file is in Rome since 26 of July 2018

canada_2018

Star Member
Apr 18, 2018
Hi, My deadline is 25 May, 2019. Do you recommend to order GCMS notes now? My file is in Rome since 26 of July 2018
Hi,

By deadline do you mean your medicals will expire on the 25.05.2019?

In any case you file has been in Rome for quiet some time now.... if you have never ordered GCMS notes I would definitly get them now just to see what is going on with your case file.

However, if I were you I would prepare myself for a request to re-do the medicals as even if you recieve a PPR now it will be cutting it pretty short.

Best of luck!

Reactions: Marsiii

Marsiii

Star Member
Dec 12, 2018
Hi,

By deadline do you mean your medicals will expire on the 25.05.2019?

In any case you file has been in Rome for quiet some time now.... if you have never ordered GCMS notes I would definitly get them now just to see what is going on with your case file.

However, if I were you I would prepare myself for a request to re-do the medicals as even if you recieve a PPR now it will be cutting it pretty short.

Best of luck!
But I read it takes so long to get the GCMS notes. Why to re do the medicals? I did it on July. We wrote to Embassy of Canada Rome, they said it is currently to be processed. What do you mean: it will be cutting off it pretty short

canada_2018

Star Member
Apr 18, 2018
But I read it takes so long to get the GCMS notes. Why to re do the medicals? I did it on July. We wrote to Embassy of Canada Rome, they said it is currently to be processed. What do you mean: it will be cutting off it pretty short
Do you have anyone in Canada who can order the GCMS notes for you? If you order from Canada it takes 1 month or less. Literally anyone can do it for you and it only costs 5 CAD i I think.

You took your medicals in July 2018? So they will expire in July 2019, which means if the Rome Visa office will act quickly you will still have time to get PPR, COPR, book flights etc.

I said cutting it short because I thought your medicals will expire in May 2019, which would not give you much time to do all the things above.

canada_2018

Star Member
Apr 18, 2018
Do you have anyone in Canada who can order the GCMS notes for you? If you order from Canada it takes 1 month or less. Literally anyone can do it for you and it only costs 5 CAD i I think.

You took your medicals in July 2018? So they will expire in July 2019, which means if the Rome Visa office will act quickly you will still have time to get PPR, COPR, book flights etc.

I said cutting it short because I thought your medicals will expire in May 2019, which would not give you much time to do all the things above.
Just to add when I ordered my GCMS notes it showed that my file was approved 1 month before I ordered the notes. I then emailed the Rome Visa office about it and literally the next day they sent me a PPR request.

I am not sure if it is all connected, but it did seem like a big coincidence.

Marsiii

Star Member
Dec 12, 2018
Just to add when I ordered my GCMS notes it showed that my file was approved 1 month before I ordered the notes. I then emailed the Rome Visa office about it and literally the next day they sent me a PPR request.

I am not sure if it is all connected, but it did seem like a big coincidence.
My husband lives in Canada. He applied. I did the medical exams on 9th of July 2018. On 26th of July I received AOR, my file was in Rome. Since that time nothing changed. My husband wrote to Canada embassy in Rome (on 16March). They replied 3days later and said our file is currently in the queue to be processed/being processed. On GCKEY is: we are reviewing if you meet the eligibility criteria. Background: still in progress... it came out soooooo frustrating. As I read the GCMS notes takes time, I thought it would not be helpful. I do not know what to do

canada_2018

Star Member
Apr 18, 2018
My husband lives in Canada. He applied. I did the medical exams on 9th of July 2018. On 26th of July I received AOR, my file was in Rome. Since that time nothing changed. My husband wrote to Canada embassy in Rome (on 16March). They replied 3days later and said our file is currently in the queue to be processed/being processed. On GCKEY is: we are reviewing if you meet the eligibility criteria. Background: still in progress... it came out soooooo frustrating. As I read the GCMS notes takes time, I thought it would not be helpful. I do not know what to do
You have nothing to lose by ordering the GCMS notes. Take it from my experience. They are very detailed and at least you will know what is happening with your file. If I were you I would just order them and if you recieve an update in the meantime, so be it. I know how frastraing the wait can be. It took me almost 4 years to get my COPR :)

Last edited:

Marsiii

Star Member
Dec 12, 2018
You have nothing to lose by ordering the GCMS notes. Take it from my experience. They are very detailed and at least you will know what is happening with your file. If I were you I would just order them and if you recieve an update in the meantime, so be it. I know how frastraing the wait can be. It took me almost 4 years to get my COPR :)
I did the application from Albania, on behalf of my husband. And used my visa card. Is it a problem?

canada_2018

Star Member
Apr 18, 2018
I did the application from Albania, on behalf of my husband. And used my visa card. Is it a problem?
I am not sure. Someone did it for me from Canada. I did not even try to do it myself, because I thought it would not let me.

I just assumed that it depends on the IP address or the address or the credit card has to be from a Candian bank.

But I guess if you managed to do order it is fine. You just need to wait up to 30 days now and look for the report in your email.