+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa Office in Rome - Italy

eeltayb1

Feb 5, 2018
I have submitted my application in May of 2017, done my medical and background check. The last email I have received from IRCC in September 2017 says that my application for permanent residence for my wife has been forwarded to the visa office in Rome for further processing.

What is the next step and what is the processing time in the visa office in Rome?

Thank you for the help!

JAPHET65

Aug 21, 2017
Same here. We are in the same boat. App submitted on May, 29. Medical passed at the end of July. File transferred at Rome Visa Office in August. Since then no update. They are sleeping. you can order notes or send an enquiry to know at which stage is your file.

eeltayb1

Feb 5, 2018
Same here. We are in the same boat. App submitted on May, 29. Medical passed at the end of July. File transferred at Rome Visa Office in August. Since then no update. They are sleeping. you can order notes or send an enquiry to know at which stage is your file.

What kind of notes or enquiry have you order and have they provided you with any update?
I ordered the Access to Information and they provided me with 40+ pages of information but nothing about current or future stages. Are there any further requirements other than requesting to send the passport for the visa?

The long wait if very frustrating not knowing when and what they are doing with the file!!

JAPHET65

Aug 21, 2017
In your notes you can see if you have passed eligibility, criminalities stages...I understand your frustration because we all want to be delivered earlier. I didn't order my notes because i am the Principal Applicant and my wife doesn't want to do it. I sent an enquiry 3 days ago but no reply yet. In both accounts Ecas and GCkey no update by the time they transferred my file. Hope good news are coming. Further requirements, as i know, could be submittion of new police certificate or new medicals if it expire. Then PPR... Get strong

eeltayb1

Feb 5, 2018
Thank you for your information :)
Please keep me in the loop if you hear any thing new or if you have any updates regarding your application

Reactions: JAPHET65

Bubbb

Feb 18, 2018
Visa Office......
Rome, Italy
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Hi, I have submitted my application in September of 2017.Medical passed at the end of October.
File transferred at Rome Visa Office in October. So it's about 6 months since my application is received and no update.

Do you have any updates guys cause i see your applictions are about 4 months before mine ?
Thanks a lot , wish u luck :)

eeltayb1

Feb 5, 2018
Hi, I have submitted my application in September of 2017.Medical passed at the end of October.
File transferred at Rome Visa Office in October. So it's about 6 months since my application is received and no update.

Do you have any updates guys cause i see your applictions are about 4 months before mine ?
Thanks a lot , wish u luck :)
Unfortunately there is no update since the was transferred to Rome at the end of September 2017!!
I emailed the Rome office earlier this month and they told me that my application is in queue for initial review.
We just have to be more patient and hopefully get the visa before the one year average processing time. I applied in May 2017 and I am hoping to get the visa before May 2018!

Reactions: Bubbb and JAPHET65

JAPHET65

Aug 21, 2017
Too frustrating this process.. I know guys last year they got their visa after 4-5 months at this same period. What's going on with our files? Everything has been submitted. My spouse visit me for christmas and i send by e-mail other pics and travel docs. Let's see their reply

Reactions: Bubbb

eeltayb1

Feb 5, 2018
Too frustrating this process.. I know guys last year they got their visa after 4-5 months at this same period. What's going on with our files? Everything has been submitted. My spouse visit me for christmas and i send by e-mail other pics and travel docs. Let's see their reply
I know some people who got their visa in 5 months as well. That is why the waiting has been unbearable for me and I didn't expect it to take this long!

LilithCanada

Oct 22, 2017
Ontario Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
4-5 months??? From Italy as well?? We only sent in our application last month ì. My husband is coming from Italy. We are assuming at some point our file will be transferred to Rome.

JAPHET65

Aug 21, 2017
Welcome on this thread. I Hope the time processing of your file will be short. Did your husband passed the medical stage ? Good luck and you have to be strong and patient.
My own opinion is that the reason of long processing time is due to the background check step which is done externally. So they don't have any control.

Bubbb

Feb 18, 2018
Visa Office......
Rome, Italy
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Reactions: eeltayb1