+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa Office in Rome - Italy

iceNikki

Sep 26, 2018
Hey guys, any idea how long it takes to receive COPR after sending your passport? I sent mine to Rome one week ago.
My timeline:

App received: July 3rd
AOR1: September 28th
ECAS in process: September 28th
DM on ECAS for sponsor: October 2nd
Medical Request: October 2nd
Sponsor Approval: October 4th
Medical Exam: October 9th
Medical Passed: October 11th
BGC started: October 12th
PPR and DM for PA on ECAS: October 18th
Passport received: October 24th

canada_2018

Star Member
Apr 18, 2018
Hey guys, any idea how long it takes to receive COPR after sending your passport? I sent mine to Rome one week ago.
My timeline:

It took 2 weeks to recieve my COPR, but i think it also depends on their work load at the time and also what courier you used. I sent my passport from Cyprus and had to do some reasearch on the best courier provide (DHL was a no go, so I used TNT which were very helpful). I also included a pre-paid return envelope. Otherwise they would have sent it with regular post and this takes longer.

Where did you send your passport from and what courier did you use? Aslo did you add a pre-paid envelope for them to return it to you?

iceNikki

Sep 26, 2018
It took 2 weeks to recieve my COPR, but i think it also depends on their work load at the time and also what courier you used. I sent my passport from Cyprus and had to do some reasearch on the best courier provide (DHL was a no go, so I used TNT which were very helpful). I also included a pre-paid return envelope. Otherwise they would have sent it with regular post and this takes longer.

Where did you send your passport from and what courier did you use? Aslo did you add a pre-paid envelope for them to return it to you?
Thanks for your reply.
I used a local courier because I'm from Rome, and I included the pre-paid envelope from SDA. I also asked them if I could pick it up myself since I live here. I heard that when everything is ready they will send an email so you can go in person or arrange an appointment with the courier, is that true?

canada_2018

Star Member
Apr 18, 2018
Thanks for your reply.
I used a local courier because I'm from Rome, and I included the pre-paid envelope from SDA. I also asked them if I could pick it up myself since I live here. I heard that when everything is ready they will send an email so you can go in person or arrange an appointment with the courier, is that true?
Yes, they do send you an email that it is ready to be picked up, but they will not contact the courier for you and you have to do it yourself (this is where I had an issue with DHL - DHL wanted the visa office to contact them).

I am not sure if you can go and pick it up yourself thouhg. I guess it might work. You can try emailing them and asking.

iceNikki

Sep 26, 2018
Yes, they do send you an email that it is ready to be picked up, but they will not contact the courier for you and you have to do it yourself (this is where I had an issue with DHL - DHL wanted the visa office to contact them).

I am not sure if you can go and pick it up yourself thouhg. I guess it might work. You can try emailing them and asking.
Yes, when I sent it they told me I would need to contact them once it's ready. I tried, they asked for my details and then they never replied. I might try again, because I asked and other people who lived near their VO went themselves. We'll see, hopefully they're gonna be fast.
Thanks again!!

canada_2018

Star Member
Apr 18, 2018
Yes, when I sent it they told me I would need to contact them once it's ready. I tried, they asked for my details and then they never replied. I might try again, because I asked and other people who lived near their VO went themselves. We'll see, hopefully they're gonna be fast.
Thanks again!!
Yes it makes sense to be able to pick it up yourself if you live in Rome. IfTNT would not have work out for me I would have probably tried this option myself and make a trip out of it :)

Good luck anyway and do let us know here if you manage to pick it up personally.

canada_2018

Star Member
Apr 18, 2018
My timeline:

Hey there!

Did you manage to pick up your documents))

Alda

Sep 13, 2018
Heyy guys how are you
Im november 2017 applicant
Medical request and sponsor
on 26 april 2018
30 april medical done
3 may medical recieve from cic
7 june sponsorship aproval
On 28 june they strating procesing my aaplication on visa office rome
5 months i dont hear nothing from them .
I wrote an email visa office rome and they tell me “queue for being interviewed” accept some time before the date
Am really so sad i think on christmas i would be with my husband on canada
Can anyone tell me What’s happen?

iceNikki

Sep 26, 2018
Got COPR today :)
Here's my timeline:

Outland from Italy

Passport received (Rome VO): October 24th
Application approved on MyCIC: November 7th
COPR ready: November 8th
COPR received: November 9th

canada_2018

Star Member
Apr 18, 2018
Here's my timeline:

Outland from Italy

Congratulations!!! So happy for you!

Alda

Sep 13, 2018
Here's my timeline:

Outland from Italy

Wooooweew super fast congratulation , 12 months and eaiting nothing for me from visa office rome

Alda

Sep 13, 2018
Greatings to all i need an help
A month ago i wrote to my visa office rome after 12 months and i was no getting a reply to those who are in queue for being interview in tirana but did not set a date , so yesterday i wrote again and i got this answer differently from the first email .”Thank you for contacting IRCC Rome.
Please be advised that this application was received in Rome and is currently in the queue for processing/being processed in Rome. Please expect some time to pass before receiving notice of the next step.
If we require any additional information or a decision has been made, we will contact you.
To check application processing times, go to http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/index.asp.
Sincerely,
IRCC Rome
I really need help