+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa got rejected twice

Janusk

Nov 26, 2018
my study visa got rejected twice and i applied again by changing the resume and SOP.Is there a chance for me to get the visa approved?this time. Please help me to understand

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
you need to tell us why you were rejected. The full reason that is on your rejection letter. Also, what documents, proof of ties to home country did you provide in your application. When were you rejected? Did you mention the previous rejection in your second application?

Janusk

Nov 26, 2018
First rejection reason was -
Other reasons:
Your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of one or more of: your qualifications, previous
studies, missing marks sheets, academic record, level of establishment, language abilities, or your
future prospects and plans.

Second rejection reason was -
I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

what documents, proof of ties to home country did you provide in your application? - I didn't submit any proof but i wrote in my SOP that i need to start my own business in India.

When were you rejected? - on oct 8 applied - Got rejected on Oct 11.Then i applied again on Oct 22 received rejection letter on Nov 15th. Then i again applied by chaging the SOP and resume on Nov16th.

Did you mention the previous rejection in your second application? - No i dint i just changed my SOP alone.

The course i chosed was - Graduate certificate in Business 1 year course.I have 4 yrs of exp in IT field as Software Engineer(Role - Operational Analyst)

Please help me to understand the issue in my application.

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
I think you are lucky they did not send you a fairness letter, as you committed misrepresentation on your second application, by not mentioning the first refusal. This could lead to you being banned for 5 years, so you MUST mention any refusals in new applications.

Saying you are going to open your own business is not really a proof of ties. A proof of ties is mentioning your family, a job, property etc. If you already had your own business and it couldn't run for a long period of time without you.....that is a good proof of ties. Anyone could say they want to open a business.

You have to justify why that course you selected is going to help you in the long run. What was your former education? Have you got a masters or anything like that? If so that certificate is not a good course to go for.

I would suggest applying for notes to see what the real reasons you were rejected for. These take about a month. I would also hold off re-applying for a while.

Janusk

Nov 26, 2018
No i mentioned the reason and UCI number in my second application.Even when i applied again i mentioned the reason of second one in my third application also.

You have to justify why that course you selected is going to help you in the long run. What was your former education? Have you got a masters or anything like that? If so that certificate is not a good course to go for.
I mentioned everything in my SOP. I completed my bachelors and working for past 4 years.

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
So you have been rejected three times? Did you actually tick the box on the form, or just mention it in your SOP? Being truthful would be helpful.

Your problem is that you have a batchelors and want to take a certificate. That is not a progression. Officer is looking at that and thinking you are only doing the course to get into Canada.

Janusk

Nov 26, 2018
No 2 times only.Third time applied on Nov 16th 2018.

Did you actually tick the box on the form, or just mention it in your SOP?
I tick the box on the form and mentioned the explanation given in the refusal letter. I dint mention anything in SOP.wheraeas i fine tuned the SOP with more information like why i should come back to India.

Dzapwince

Dec 3, 2018
My study permit was refused under the following count
. I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your travel history
.i am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence
. I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit
. I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the , based on your current employment situation
. I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR,based on your personal assets and financial status...
This is the message I saw, I need help please

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
Where are you from? What is your travel history? What proof of ties did you show to your home country? Have you got family in Canada? Are you employed or unemployed?

You need to let us know at least these facts or else we can't even begin to try and help..

Dzapwince

Dec 3, 2018
I am from nigeria, I don't have any travel history, I would come back to manage my father's existing company, just my aunt, currently working at my father's company

Janusk

Nov 26, 2018
Well hopefully you will get it this time. What did you put for ties in your third one?
This is wat i told them in my SOP...

My international exposure, current industrial experience along with the Graduate Certificate in Business will empower me to operate my own consulting firm in my home town (Coimbatore). Coimbatore (Manchester of South India) has a huge potentials and have proven for the successful start-ups. My Information technology industrial experience and VIU‘s academic exposure will definitely make me a successful business woman in Coimbatore.

In Coimbatore, there are 225 start-ups with 6,067 investors who are supporting Angel Investors which proves the city’s business potential.

I strongly believe that Graduate Certificate in Business at VIU will not only help me with the theoretical knowledge but also provides me the practical experience and guide me in the right direction.

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
If you don't have any travel history, get some. CIC are looking for travel history to countries you need visa's for like europe, schengen etc. You have to get something from your father to say that then. From the little you have provided, i can guess that they are looking at your application asking why does someone with no travel history want to come to Canada. On top of that, as your aunt is in Canada, they think you may just stay (is she paying for your tuition?)

Dzapwince

Dec 3, 2018
If you don't have any travel history, get some. CIC are looking for travel history to countries you need visa's for like europe, schengen etc. You have to get something from your father to say that then. From the little you have provided, i can guess that they are looking at your application asking why does someone with no travel history want to come to Canada. On top of that, as your aunt is in Canada, they think you may just stay (is she paying for your tuition?)
No, my dad is