+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa for September 2018 intake and eligibility...

Arunveer Singh Grewal

Star Member
Apr 15, 2018
Hello everyone!
My name is Arunveer Singh Grewal. I applied my student visa application at VFS Global office located in Chandigarh on March 21, 2018. My application is currently being processed at Canada Visa Office, Chandigarh. Anyone who applied around the same time? I came to know that Chandigarh Visa Office takes a lot more time than New Delhi Visa Office.

Erfan115

Star Member
Mar 12, 2018
Hello

I applied for my visa through VFS riyadh in Saudi Arabia. Processing time here is 3 weeks and i applied on March 11th. Here's my timeline.

Applied to VFS jeddah on March 11th
Transfered to Canada visa office riyadh on March 12th
Linked application online on March 18th

Status from March 18 to April 8th
Application in progress
Medical, additional documents, finger print not needed
We will infrom when we begin reviewing eligibility
Background check in progress

April 9th
Application in progress
Medical, additional documents and fingerprint not needed
We have begun reviewing your eligibility

April 11th
Application decision made
No documents needed
Eligibility reviewed
Background check completeed
Final decision: application approved

April 12th
Vfs sends email to come collect the passport.

Processing time in total: 1 month

Reactions: Kammi

Kammi

Star Member
Mar 5, 2018
Hello

I applied for my visa through VFS riyadh in Saudi Arabia. Processing time here is 3 weeks and i applied on March 11th. Here's my timeline.

Application in progress

April 9th
Application in progress

April 11th
No documents needed
Eligibility reviewed

April 12th

Congrats

Reactions: Erfan115

Balogunesq1

Apr 8, 2018
Hello

Application in progress

April 9th
Application in progress

April 11th
No documents needed
Eligibility reviewed

April 12th

Please share list of document submitted to help potential visa application

Erfan115

Star Member
Mar 12, 2018
Please share list of document submitted to help potential visa application
Finished Alevels on 2015
Ielts on 2016
Gap until march 11th 2018 (3 years)

Documents sent:-

Application for study permit made outside canada
Family information
Background declaration form
Documents checklist
No medicals or police report (i live in Jeddah KSA)
Igcse alevel and ielts photocopies
Passport copy with stamps
Residence permit copy
Personal resume/CV
Fathers letter stating he will sponsor me
Bank statment for the last 6 months (70 percent amount deposited in the last 2 months)
Fathers employment letter stating salary and working hours which was attested by Jeddah chamber of commerce
Fixed deposit (not needed but still gave)
A strong SOP- first started with introduction vowing to speak the truth. Then gave education background and said which subject i prefered. Then spoke of my aim and how i researched about universities in America and canada and later decided the Canadian university was perfect because it's course provided co op and thats what i need for my career. Explained them my career plan in my home country and swore not to remain in canada.

Reactions: qusroo

Balogunesq1

Apr 8, 2018
Hello

Application in progress

April 9th
Application in progress

April 11th
No documents needed
Eligibility reviewed

April 12th

Thank you for providing the information kindly share again you SOP
Finished Alevels on 2015
Ielts on 2016
Gap until march 11th 2018 (3 years)

Documents sent:-

Application for study permit made outside canada
Family information
Background declaration form
Documents checklist
No medicals or police report (i live in Jeddah KSA)
Igcse alevel and ielts photocopies
Passport copy with stamps
Residence permit copy
Personal resume/CV
Fathers letter stating he will sponsor me
Bank statment for the last 6 months (70 percent amount deposited in the last 2 months)
Fathers employment letter stating salary and working hours which was attested by Jeddah chamber of commerce
Fixed deposit (not needed but still gave)
A strong SOP- first started with introduction vowing to speak the truth. Then gave education background and said which subject i prefered. Then spoke of my aim and how i researched about universities in America and canada and later decided the Canadian university was perfect because it's course provided co op and thats what i need for my career. Explained them my career plan in my home country and swore not to remain in canada.
thank you for providing the information found it very helpful,kindly send your draft of family information,background declaration,fathers sponsor letter and also copy of your SOP.please erase information you may think are private on the letters before sending thanks .my email is (trondevices.ng@gmail.com) am trying to submit my application this week.

Erfan115

Star Member
Mar 12, 2018
Thank you for providing the information kindly share again you SOP

thank you for providing the information found it very helpful,kindly send your draft of family information,background declaration,fathers sponsor letter and also copy of your SOP.please erase information you may think are private on the letters before sending thanks .my email is (trondevices.ng@gmail.com) am trying to submit my application this week.
Family information and Background declaration are forms. You need to fill them up along with the other forms.

Fathers sponsor letter is just 3 line letter. It will contain your fathers words and he will be saying he is willing to financially sponsor you for the entire duration of your study and he has deposited an amount into the bank which will be used for your education purpose. Thats it and ask him to sign it.

SOP is not fixed. I had gaps and my educational aim and ambition is different. So i doubt it'll be helpful to you.

For a strong SOP, first state the purpose of the letter which is to explain why you chose canada. Then vow to speak the truth. Then start with your previous education dates and certificates and then move to what you future goals are. Your future goals and your previous educational qualifications must be relevant. And then state any explanations you have such as gap or anything you want to infrom the visa officer. Then from there speak of how you researched about universities in your home country and America and canada and bla bla countries and after thoroughly researching, the degree in the canadian university was what impressed you. And then explain how this degree can be used to acheive your career goals. For example if your aim is to become and accountant, then say ur plan is to do accounting major on bba so u can work to become an accountant in the future. Then vow that you know your responsibilities as an international student and how you will try your best to follow the law. And then explain then ur plan to return to ur home country after getting the degree and get a job as u have no intention to stay in canada.

Explain these in relevance to your situation and your course selection.

The Indian Student

Star Member
Feb 10, 2018
Hello everyone!
My name is Arunveer Singh Grewal. I applied my student visa application at VFS Global office located in Chandigarh on March 21, 2018. My application is currently being processed at Canada Visa Office, Chandigarh. Anyone who applied around the same time? I came to know that Chandigarh Visa Office takes a lot more time than New Delhi Visa Office.
Yeah it’s taking a bit more time As there are a lot of applicants these days, but one of my friend got his visa approved in just two days last month

Ghotrakkr

Star Member
Mar 14, 2018
Hello everyone!
i applied 04/04/2018 in non spp and still waiting for decision

R@J@N123

May 21, 2018
Hello everyone!
My name is Rajan Bhandari. I applied my student visa application online on April 15, 2018 for September intake . My application is currently being processed at Canada Visa Office,Delhi .I got an email ''Student Acknowledgement Letter" on may 25 . Anyone who applied around the same time? how long does it take to proceed my application?

helloo_hell

Sep 19, 2017
Visa Office......
ahmedabad
Hello everyone!
My name is Rajan Bhandari. I applied my student visa application online on April 15, 2018 for September intake . My application is currently being processed at Canada Visa Office, Delhi.I got an email ''Student Acknowledgement Letter" on may 25 . Anyone who applied around the same time? how long does it take to proceed my application?
hey, I applied on April 12th, 2018 and got acknowledgement letter on 22nd may and today on 25th may got approval on visa

Reactions: R@J@N123

Navneet90

Star Member
May 25, 2018
Hey, I have applied on 25th April. And I have received acknowledge letter mail on 23rd May. Thereafter no update.