+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa for January 2019 status

Sayuri2019

Jan 9, 2019
Sorry to hear that :( did you apply by SDS or normal?
I had applied under non-SDS category, online.

Now my question is if I have to give convincing explanations to IRCC for reasons they provided, do I need to start a new application? Of course, I do understand that I need to pay visa fee again, but that's OK.
My question is when will I re-apply, I will get a new Application Number & UCI right?
Plzz guide

ngapham17689

Star Member
Oct 5, 2018
I had applied under non-SDS category, online.

Now my question is if I have to give convincing explanations to IRCC for reasons they provided, do I need to start a new application? Of course, I do understand that I need to pay visa fee again, but that's OK.
My question is when will I re-apply, I will get a new Application Number & UCI right?
Plzz guide
You need to prepare another SOP with more detail and then reapply with new application number.

Sayuri2019

Jan 9, 2019
IRCC also gave me below reason:
Other reasons:
Your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of one or more of: your qualifications, previous
studies, missing marks sheets, academic record, level of establishment, language abilities, or your
future prospects and plans.

Mine was a 1-year certificate BA program. I have masters in Economics from India & 8+ yrs corporate exp (with some gap due to marriage)., IELTS score of 7.0.
This course is ideal to me actually (it has all skills I need to learn which I haven't learnt before) but looks like since its not a 2-yr grad level program, IRCC finds it unreasonable.

Anyone applied for similar 1-year program and got approved? or Rejected, defended and got approved?

Also is CAIPS GCMS report of rejection notes worth going for? If yes, should I go for basic one of $15 or so?

Last edited:

Sayuri2019

Jan 9, 2019
>>>Other reasons:
Your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of one or more of: your qualifications, previous
studies, missing marks sheets, academic record, level of establishment, language abilities, or your

Whats is meant by "level of establishment" here? Anyone knows?

NSI3798

Jan 17, 2019
Other reasons:

Mine was a 1-year certificate BA program. I have masters in Economics from India & 8+ yrs corporate exp (with some gap due to marriage)., IELTS score of 7.0.
This course is ideal to me actually (it has all skills I need to learn which I haven't learnt before) but looks like since its not a 2-yr grad level program, IRCC finds it unreasonable.

Anyone applied for similar 1-year program and got approved? or Rejected, defended and got approved?

Also is CAIPS GCMS report of rejection notes worth going for? If yes, should I go for basic one of $15 or so?
I too applied for 1yr personal support worker certificate program ...and it was ideal for me...as i did my graduation in bsc medical with 77% and mine backlogs were NIL .....n ielts bands were 7 overall no less than 6.5 each
What were you academic scores ??

NSI3798

Jan 17, 2019
can anyone please suggest me
actually i did my ielts in august 2017 and completed my graduation in 2018
i applied for 1 year certificate program in ontario college for jan 2019 intake ...but my visa got rejected for the reason that they are not satisfied that i will leave canada after my studies
now may be college will defer me to sep 2019 intake ...but my ielts is expiring on august 2019 ....
will it be fine to defer to sep intake .....or i have to do ielts again ??

ngapham17689

Star Member
Oct 5, 2018
can anyone please suggest me
actually i did my ielts in august 2017 and completed my graduation in 2018
i applied for 1 year certificate program in ontario college for jan 2019 intake ...but my visa got rejected for the reason that they are not satisfied that i will leave canada after my studies
now may be college will defer me to sep 2019 intake ...but my ielts is expiring on august 2019 ....
will it be fine to defer to sep intake .....or i have to do ielts again ??
I think you need to retake the IELTS cause you have to reapply for visa.

ngapham17689

Star Member
Oct 5, 2018
Other reasons:

It seems unreasonable to IRCC that you’ll take a one-year program when you’ve already had a Master.