+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa for baby born in India to PR holder parents

ankipanki

Star Member
Mar 2, 2011
Me & my wife are PR card holders. I am presently working in canada & my wife would soon be giving birth to our child in New Delhi, India.
1) Can my wife bring my baby to Canada on tourist visa & we can apply for baby's PR from Canada.
2) If PR is applied for newborn in (Delhi) India then how much time does it take to issue PR visa for the newborn in India.
3) What all documents are needed for processing PR for newborn in India

If anyone knows answer to these questions or has been in this situation, please help!!

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1) It is possible that the baby will be denied a tourist visa because your intention is not for the baby to visit but to stay permanently. If you are refused a visit visa for the baby, you can apply for another visa called TRP given in special circumstances. If you are refused that too, you will have to stay in Canada and apply to sponsor the baby from outside.

2) As far as I know, it can take a few months in India to sponsor a family member.

3) You will have to read through the application forms, fill them out and do your check lists.
You can find the info on sponsorship of spouse and/or children here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/spouse.asp

ankipanki

Star Member
Mar 2, 2011
Thanks Leon!!

Can anyone in India who has been in the same situation tell me that how much time does it take for getting PR visa for newborn?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Since both parents are still PR, one or both of them shall be in Canada to sponsor the child. Because of this, one or both of you might be separated with the child during the child's sponsorship and immigration process.

As parents, why would you want to separate with your child anyways? Delivery in Canada is an option!

cadvis

Star Member
Mar 23, 2013
getting PR for kids should be easy. You can call CIC for that.. Canada is a very family friendly country...