+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa for a new born outside Canada - For parents who hold PR

RomeshD

Sep 2, 2017
Hi Guys,

Tried searching for answers on forums regarding this query. Would really appreciate if someone can shed light on this topic.

My wife and I are permanent residents currently reside in Dubai and planning to move permanently in March 2020. However we are currently expecting a baby and since OHIP isn’t available unless you stay there for 3 months. We are planning to have the child in dubai and move to Canada in march 2020. I was told that if I apply for a Temporary visit visa for the child it could get rejected and I’d have to apply for the PR if the child after I move to a Canada.

Is this is the only option or are there any other options available?

Thank you in advance.
Cheers,
Roma

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi Guys,

Tried searching for answers on forums regarding this query. Would really appreciate if someone can shed light on this topic.

My wife and I are permanent residents currently reside in Dubai and planning to move permanently in March 2020. However we are currently expecting a baby and since OHIP isn’t available unless you stay there for 3 months. We are planning to have the child in dubai and move to Canada in march 2020. I was told that if I apply for a Temporary visit visa for the child it could get rejected and I’d have to apply for the PR if the child after I move to a Canada.

Thank you in advance.
Cheers,
Roma
You can try to apply for a TRV for the child. If that gets denied you can try for a TRP. If both are denied yes one parent would have to move to Canada and sponsor the child. You have to be compliant with your PR to qualify to sponsor.

RomeshD

Sep 2, 2017
Thank you canuck78. Any idea if they at all provide temporary visit visa for infants? Or it a definite no as per your knowledge.

You can try to apply for a TRV for the child. If that gets denied you can try for a TRP. If both are denied yes one parent would have to move to Canada and sponsor the child. You have to be compliant with your PR to qualify to sponsor.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you canuck78. Any idea if they at all provide temporary visit visa for infants? Or it a definite no as per your knowledge.
It's 50/50.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ok just be aware, that you also need to meet your RO obligation. OK technically you do not need to when applying for visa for the child, but it is a very good way how to make them aware of you as well.

You can also sponsor the child, while it is still abroad, however at least one of you will have to be in Canada for the whole process and that person again has to meet RO obligation (in this case it is a must, because otherwise it will be denied and the process of removal of PR would start as well).

RomeshD

Sep 2, 2017
It's 50/50.
Thank you Scylla. I wrote to the Abu Dhabi embassy as well to get the info. Not sure if they’d respond cz the embassy in my
Country of origin was pretty much just said call IRCC. I wish there was somebody who actually got the visitor visa in that way for the infant cz I’ve read about many who didn’t get.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you Scylla. I wrote to the Abu Dhabi embassy as well to get the info. Not sure if they’d respond cz the embassy in my
Country of origin was pretty much just said call IRCC. I wish there was somebody who actually got the visitor visa in that way for the infant cz I’ve read about many who didn’t get.
The embassy doesn't provide immigration advice.

There are people on this forum who have been successful. Your can try using the search feature on this forum to find discusssions on this topic. If that doesn't work out for you, you can look into hiring an immigration lawyer to assist you.

ahsansaleem

Dec 4, 2021
Hi Guys,

Thank you in advance.
Cheers,
Roma
Hi, RomeshD,

Just wanted to reach out to you and ask you did you get the TRV for your infant child because I am facing the exact issue right now. I am about to apply for the TRV. Any help is appreciated. (any particular documents you attached with baby's TRV application) (Invitation Letter, Return Ticket, etc. etc.)
Much obliged for any help.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi, RomeshD,

Just wanted to reach out to you and ask you did you get the TRV for your infant child because I am facing the exact issue right now. I am about to apply for the TRV. Any help is appreciated. (any particular documents you attached with baby's TRV application) (Invitation Letter, Return Ticket, etc. etc.)
Much obliged for any help.
You can try for a TRV. If denied you can try for a TRP. In most cases your child will not have access to provincial healthcare in Canada until they are a PR. Depends on the province. You’ll need to purchase emergency health insurance and pay for routine care.