+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

visa fees

san76

May 3, 2010
dear all, in payment section of VPF, it is mentioned in cic site that i can pay through certified cheque,will anybody tell me the procedure of certified cheque,please.
regards
arijit

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
san76 said:
dear all, in payment section of VPF, it is mentioned in cic site that i can pay through certified cheque,will anybody tell me the procedure of certified cheque,please.
regards
arijit

Difference from a normal cheque
Banks enable the financial market to conduct financial transactions using cheques. An account holder in a bank can give a cheque for a particular amount of money present in the bank’s account. The restriction is that the value of cheque must be lesser than the amount present in the account. If the cheque is worth more than the balance in the account then it is termed as “bounced”. Certified cheques whereas can be issued by the customer only when the bank verifies that the specified amount is present in the account.

The bank then transfers the money internally so that the cheque may be redeemed by the bearer or account holder when encashed. These may be considered liquid in financial terms since they will most certainly be converted to cash instantly. Some countries put restriction on these cheques since they might be used as substitute for real money.

Certified cheque in Canada
The federal government of Canada allows the passing of certified cheques for both internal and external businesses. The certified cheques guarantee that the specified amount has been set aside for the person who is entitled to redeem the cheque and get the amount. Almost all banks in Canada including the leading banks support such kinds of cheques. The banks however charge a hefty fee for issuing such cheques.

BZ Mom

Mar 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/10/2008
Nomination.....
06/01/2009
AOR Received.
19/08/2009
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Done....
28/12/2009
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
01/03/2010
VISA ISSUED...
20/04/2010
LANDED..........
27/11/2010
san76 said:
regards
arijit
You may go to the bank where you maintain an account and tell the bank manager or their customer service representative that you need a certified check or a cashier's check. They should be able to assist you.

Chami

Mar 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
u can take a bank draft/money order instead. money will come out from the account right at the time of getting either of them. difference of money order and the draft is just amount, up to $1000.00 is money order, over $1000.00 is a bank draft, certified cheque can be any amount as long as you have that funds in your acct :). in the Canadian banks draft/money order cost cheaper than cert.ch. Draft/money order- bank will issue it, but for cert.ch. u need to provide a written cheque which bank will certify it for you (will make that cheque pending, but money will be deducted right away). So draft is good for those who don't carry personal cheques on them.