Visa Denial question on the ITA form

sonali.kaushal

Star Member
Feb 15, 2018
USA
AOR Received.
30-03-2018
Hi,

My petition for H1B worker was denied this year in USA . I can explain it in the ITA form. My confusion is that there are 2 questions, one after the another, about visa refusal. For the first question H1B visa falls under 'refused a temporary resident visa' & for the second question, it falls under 'refused a visa'. So will it be a yes for both?

Also some say it is just a petition that was not approved & not a visa denial, as visa was never issued. So should I even say 'yes'.

bablu12345

Mar 17, 2018
>>Also some say it is just a petition that was not approved & not a visa denial, as visa was never issued.

These guys are correct and the petition is not a visa. I am in Canada and was in the same situation and I didn't include those H1B fresh petitions as visa denial.

sonali.kaushal

Star Member
Feb 15, 2018
USA
AOR Received.
30-03-2018
>>Also some say it is just a petition that was not approved & not a visa denial, as visa was never issued.

These guys are correct and the petition is not a visa. I am in Canada and was in the same situation and I didn't include those H1B fresh petitions as visa denial.
That is good to know. thanks so much.