+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

VISA APPROVED

FMJeb

Star Member
Mar 15, 2016
TomNy said:
I applied on 15th of May, did biometrics this morning then received rejection after that some hours :(.
I did not mention who sponsor is. I just use my own bank account and my husband bank account balance because my husband also applied for open work permit as linked to my application. I submitted bank statement for last 4 months of 3 accounts: one is mine, two are my husband ones.
Also, you should apply first on your own and then your spouse would apply later.

TomNy

May 2, 2016
FMJeb said:
The problem is that both you and your husband are planning on going to Canada. Yes you have first year's expenses, what about the next years? Who is going to pay for your tuition and living expenses? You need to have a sponsor like a parent, family member etc. who will fund your tuition.
Can our properties like car and real estate be a proof of financial for 2nd year? And, also my parent-in-law real estate? Do I need to get the proof of estimated price for those properties or just need to proof that they are under our name with detail of the properties like what kind of car, size of real estate?

FMJeb

Star Member
Mar 15, 2016
TomNy said:
Can our properties like car and real estate be a proof of financial for 2nd year? And, also my parent-in-law real estate? Do I need to get the proof of estimated price for those properties or just need to proof that they are under our name with detail of the properties like what kind of car, size of real estate?
No those won't count. The funds should be readily available as liquid cash. For example if you do sell you cars and house, then the money can be used as proof of funds. Otherwise not. However those properties and cars help as a home tie

TomNy

May 2, 2016
FMJeb said:
Also, you should apply first on your own and then your spouse would apply later.
In case I've been refused the application together with my husband. Is that high successful rate to reapply for only me?

sisi123

Star Member
May 25, 2015
You dont need to have 2nd year tuition. I did not show funds for 2nd year. how much funds do you have, i was refused for the same reason and i reapplied and got the visa. you need 10K for each person plus your tuition for the year.

TomNy

May 2, 2016
sisi123 said:
You dont need to have 2nd year tuition. I did not show funds for 2nd year. how much funds do you have, i was refused for the same reason and i reapplied and got the visa. you need 10K for each person plus your tuition for the year.
Thanks

For living cost, do I need for 2 years or just for 1st year?
Then how to prove where money for 2nd year? Do I need to explain where the financial support for 2nd year?

I currently have $41K. Tuition fee is 14K/year. So if my husband and my children go together, I only need more 30K?

chu12

Star Member
Apr 6, 2016
TomNy said:

you should have a statement Purpose why do you want to study in canada? i think the reason you were rejected is you didn't provide a strong Sop one more thing you should atleast show a strong tie to your home country or notarized letter of sponsorship from your parents. and my suggestion apply first after approval then apply for your wife.

TomNy

May 2, 2016
chu12 said:
you should have a statement Purpose why do you want to study in canada? i think the reason you were rejected is you didn't provide a strong Sop one more thing you should atleast show a strong tie to your home country or notarized letter of sponsorship from your parents. and my suggestion apply first after approval then apply for your wife.
Thanks. I also recognized that missing SOP is the main factor of rejection. Other than that, I still want to clarify on what I need to fix on financial support matter when reapply.

FMJeb

Star Member
Mar 15, 2016
TomNy said:
In case I've been refused the application together with my husband. Is that high successful rate to reapply for only me?
I can't tell you that but from what I've read its better that you apply alone first because if you apply with your spouse they might think that you don't want to come back to your country

FMJeb

Star Member
Mar 15, 2016
sisi123 said:
That's true but he needs to show a SOURCE of funds. For example a continuous salary, money from apartment rentals etc

TomNy

May 2, 2016
sisi123 said:
When you reapplied, did you need to redo medical examination and Biometrics? And, did you need to mention to the 1St application?

sisi123

Star Member
May 25, 2015
when they denied me i hadn't done medicals its only on my second application that they requested i do medicals. my husband had to go redo biometrics, so you would have to redo that. Yes mention your previous application and application no and just put the reason they gave you and explain why you feel you have enough money in your SOP. I showed no proof of rental or income. just attach proof of funds and state the amount in your SOP. like i said i changed nothing just added SOP and explained everything.

TomNy

May 2, 2016
sisi123 said:
when they denied me i hadn't done medicals its only on my second application that they requested i do medicals. my husband had to go redo biometrics, so you would have to redo that. Yes mention your previous application and application no and just put the reason they gave you and explain why you feel you have enough money in your SOP. I showed no proof of rental or income. just attach proof of funds and state the amount in your SOP. like i said i changed nothing just added SOP and explained everything.
Thanks for providing very helpful things.

Regarding proof of funds, do you mention anything for 2nd year onward? I understand that the availabe funds must cover at least for tuition fee + living cost for first year. How about 2nd year onward?

funmilolatemi

Apr 5, 2016
I think you did not explain yourself better. If you are going with your husband is his bank account take care of all the expenses for the two years? did you explain even while you are both in canada any source of money from your country? see what I mean: I stated that while I will be in Canada I have a company here in Nigeria that is a source of money even when I am away

I think you need to settle down and give detail about your financial proof

Funmi