+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa Approved- April 2018 Online Applicant- My experience

21Savage

Nov 1, 2018
Dearest Forum Members,

Please read so that it will help the future and current applicants-

Applied for a PhD study permit Application in Quebec- 24th April, 2018 (University checklist)
Medical Requested- 18th May, 2018 (Didn't know that it was required to submit the medicals upfront)
Medical Cleared- 2nd June, 2018
Application was stuck in"Reviewing your eligibility phase"
Sent many emails and CSE's- Never got any response
Application/Profile Updated Status Change on 17th July, 2018 morning (If you see something like this, that means someone opened your file and be prepared to expect a decision in a day/within hours sometimes)
Application Approved- 18th July, 2018 (Notified via Email at 12.43 AM IST, Passport request letter was in the Account)
Passport Submitted at VFS Kolkata- 18th July 2018 (Bring your request letter, passport and VAC consent form)

Documents Submitted-
Just the regulars, Passport with all pages, Admission offer letter, Financial offer letter (fully funded), CAQ, Digital Photograph, IMM1294, IMM5645, IMM5257.

I stuck to what was on my checklist. I made a couple of mistakes although it didn't hurt me that much. I would advise you to follow the forum before applying. Attach your SOP, CV, transcripts of the highest degree achieved, TOEFL/IELTS score, etc. I didn't attach these because they were optional. I have seen many cases, where people get stressed out due to this and believe me I was too, but in the end either they will ask you to attach them or you can also email them later if you want. I don't think they will update that information but there is no harm in sending them. Regardless, always try to stick to the checklist and attach all the documents beforehand to avoid any stress and confusion later.

Since my application took more than 7 weeks (12 weeks), I emailed them many times and also sent them CSE's every week just hoping that they would process it quickly. But I gues they get tonnes of emails and not even open these emails. However, you should definitely email them if it has exceeded the normal processing time. Remember to include "URGENT- Processing time bypassed for App No-SXXXXXXXX" in the subject line.

If you want, you can also call them in Canada by using Google Hangouts because its free!! Their number is -+1 613 944 4000. It's going to be a good 30 mins wait and then the agent will say we cant do anything and you can just wait. I am attaching a link to the complaint form too which she advised me to fill out because they took a lot of time to delay my application. (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc.html) Submit your feedback button down in the page.

I think all these things did help me in some way or the other but again, you cant fight time. Whenever they feel like its time to process your application, they will do it. In my case, technically my file was complete only on June 2, 2018 and from there it took around 7 weeks to get a decision.

A quick note on CAQ for studies for students going to Quebec. I received my CAQ online, the email confirmation on 26th March 2018. Since I never received the hard copy, I called their number + 1 514 864-9191 and they assured me that that the email confirmation is enough for you to enter Canada along with your study permit. This is because postal delays happen and they probably lost my CAQ in the mail. This is why they send the soft copy in your email. Once in Quebec, you can request them to send you a hard copy again at your Quebec address. You can also confirm the entire thing by calling them on their helpline number + 1 514 864-9191. Install Hangout and call. It will be free! (https://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/reach/telephone.html)

I hope it's not too long to read and like all of you I was waiting anxiously and refreshing my email every now and then. Use the forum. Its gold and you will get a lot of information and don't let refusals for other people depress or scare you. If you have the proper documents, you will get your Visa. I hope everybody gets it ASAP especially many April applicants. This year it has taken long for most of us!

If you need any help shoot me a message, I will be happy to help.

Sincerely,
Vivek
I am going to apply for a study permit May 2019 intake online and could u tell me where can I upload my Supporting documents like proof of Country assets Study plan academic results...i have been refused before because of this I didn't submit my assets in my country and they refused my application stating that I didn't demonstrate them by my financial support and Country assets and also purpose of visit..so could u help me where can I upload my Study plan and proof of My country ties please??

With regards,