Med's Done....
02-06-2018
Passport Req..
18-07-2018
VISA ISSUED...
23-07-2018
LANDED..........
18-08-2018
Okay thats a relief, that wat i thought. I havent attached any of my academic docs as my checklist dint ask fr one. Since my visa was not approved on time , i had to skip May intake and defered my program to sept and on June 9th, they asked me for a replacement LOA which was submitted on the same day and ever since waiting to hear from them. Btw i originally applied on march 15, its more than 18 weeks now.. lets see wat happens now..

Yes, it has been quite a delay in the processing of your application. But I think its positive because they asked for a new deferral letter which shows that they want to give the permit to you. I think you should get it very soon. Try sending them emails and CSEs every week.

singlarun

Jan 22, 2018
I have applied my Non-SDS visa for PhD on 25/06 offlile VFS delhi and my class will commence from 05/09.No update yet on my application even though medical not passed.Shall I expect Visa before 15/08?
Dearest Forum Members,

Please read so that it will help the future and current applicants-

Applied for a PhD study permit Application in Quebec- 24th April, 2018 (University checklist)
Medical Requested- 18th May, 2018 (Didn't know that it was required to submit the medicals upfront)
Medical Cleared- 2nd June, 2018
Application was stuck in"Reviewing your eligibility phase"
Sent many emails and CSE's- Never got any response
Application/Profile Updated Status Change on 17th July, 2018 morning (If you see something like this, that means someone opened your file and be prepared to expect a decision in a day/within hours sometimes)
Application Approved- 18th July, 2018 (Notified via Email at 12.43 AM IST, Passport request letter was in the Account)
Passport Submitted at VFS Kolkata- 18th July 2018 (Bring your request letter, passport and VAC consent form)

Documents Submitted-
Just the regulars, Passport with all pages, Admission offer letter, Financial offer letter (fully funded), CAQ, Digital Photograph, IMM1294, IMM5645, IMM5257.

I stuck to what was on my checklist. I made a couple of mistakes although it didn't hurt me that much. I would advise you to follow the forum before applying. Attach your SOP, CV, transcripts of the highest degree achieved, TOEFL/IELTS score, etc. I didn't attach these because they were optional. I have seen many cases, where people get stressed out due to this and believe me I was too, but in the end either they will ask you to attach them or you can also email them later if you want. I don't think they will update that information but there is no harm in sending them. Regardless, always try to stick to the checklist and attach all the documents beforehand to avoid any stress and confusion later.

Since my application took more than 7 weeks (12 weeks), I emailed them many times and also sent them CSE's every week just hoping that they would process it quickly. But I gues they get tonnes of emails and not even open these emails. However, you should definitely email them if it has exceeded the normal processing time. Remember to include "URGENT- Processing time bypassed for App No-SXXXXXXXX" in the subject line.

If you want, you can also call them in Canada by using Google Hangouts because its free!! Their number is -+1 613 944 4000. It's going to be a good 30 mins wait and then the agent will say we cant do anything and you can just wait. I am attaching a link to the complaint form too which she advised me to fill out because they took a lot of time to delay my application. (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc.html) Submit your feedback button down in the page.

I think all these things did help me in some way or the other but again, you cant fight time. Whenever they feel like its time to process your application, they will do it. In my case, technically my file was complete only on June 2, 2018 and from there it took around 7 weeks to get a decision.

A quick note on CAQ for studies for students going to Quebec. I received my CAQ online, the email confirmation on 26th March 2018. Since I never received the hard copy, I called their number + 1 514 864-9191 and they assured me that that the email confirmation is enough for you to enter Canada along with your study permit. This is because postal delays happen and they probably lost my CAQ in the mail. This is why they send the soft copy in your email. Once in Quebec, you can request them to send you a hard copy again at your Quebec address. You can also confirm the entire thing by calling them on their helpline number + 1 514 864-9191. Install Hangout and call. It will be free! (https://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/reach/telephone.html)

I hope it's not too long to read and like all of you I was waiting anxiously and refreshing my email every now and then. Use the forum. Its gold and you will get a lot of information and don't let refusals for other people depress or scare you. If you have the proper documents, you will get your Visa. I hope everybody gets it ASAP especially many April applicants. This year it has taken long for most of us!

If you need any help shoot me a message, I will be happy to help.

Sincerely,
Vivek

15March

Star Member
May 16, 2018
Yes, it has been quite a delay in the processing of your application. But I think its positive because they asked for a new deferral letter which shows that they want to give the permit to you. I think you should get it very soon. Try sending them emails and CSEs every week.
Thanks! I have been sending it every week religiously..Good luck with ur future. Take care

iamvns1

Jun 14, 2018
Kolkata, India->Quebec City, Canada
Visa Office......
Online Application-Delhi Embassy
App. Filed.......
24-04-2018
Med's Request
18-05-2018
Med's Done....
02-06-2018
Passport Req..
18-07-2018
VISA ISSUED...
23-07-2018
LANDED..........
18-08-2018
I have applied my Non-SDS visa for PhD on 25/06 offlile VFS delhi and my class will commence from 05/09.No update yet on my application even though medical not passed.Shall I expect Visa before 15/08?
I would hope so!

iamvns1

Jun 14, 2018
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
24-04-2018
Med's Request
18-05-2018
Med's Done....
02-06-2018
Passport Req..
18-07-2018
VISA ISSUED...
23-07-2018
LANDED..........
18-08-2018
Tats too late my flight tickets are booked fr Aug 16th
Hopefully it will be approved before your flight. FYI I had to cancel my flights too because of the delay. It happens sometimes. The important thing is that it should be approved.

And I havent still not booked my flights. I will only do it once I have the stamped passport in hand. Won't take any more risks.

Nedu_0.1

Feb 14, 2017
Dearest Forum Members,

Applied for a PhD study permit Application in Quebec- 24th April, 2018 (University checklist)
Medical Requested- 18th May, 2018 (Didn't know that it was required to submit the medicals upfront)
Application/Profile Updated Status Change on 17th July, 2018 morning (If you see something like this, that means someone opened your file and be prepared to expect a decision in a day/within hours sometimes)
Application Approved- 18th July, 2018 (Notified via Email at 12.43 AM IST, Passport request letter was in the Account)
Passport Submitted at VFS Kolkata- 18th July 2018 (Bring your request letter, passport and VAC consent form)

Documents Submitted-
Just the regulars, Passport with all pages, Admission offer letter, Financial offer letter (fully funded), CAQ, Digital Photograph, IMM1294, IMM5645, IMM5257.

I stuck to what was on my checklist. I made a couple of mistakes although it didn't hurt me that much. I would advise you to follow the forum before applying. Attach your SOP, CV, transcripts of the highest degree achieved, TOEFL/IELTS score, etc. I didn't attach these because they were optional. I have seen many cases, where people get stressed out due to this and believe me I was too, but in the end either they will ask you to attach them or you can also email them later if you want. I don't think they will update that information but there is no harm in sending them. Regardless, always try to stick to the checklist and attach all the documents beforehand to avoid any stress and confusion later.

Since my application took more than 7 weeks (12 weeks), I emailed them many times and also sent them CSE's every week just hoping that they would process it quickly. But I gues they get tonnes of emails and not even open these emails. However, you should definitely email them if it has exceeded the normal processing time. Remember to include "URGENT- Processing time bypassed for App No-SXXXXXXXX" in the subject line.

If you want, you can also call them in Canada by using Google Hangouts because its free!! Their number is -+1 613 944 4000. It's going to be a good 30 mins wait and then the agent will say we cant do anything and you can just wait. I am attaching a link to the complaint form too which she advised me to fill out because they took a lot of time to delay my application. (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc.html) Submit your feedback button down in the page.

I think all these things did help me in some way or the other but again, you cant fight time. Whenever they feel like its time to process your application, they will do it. In my case, technically my file was complete only on June 2, 2018 and from there it took around 7 weeks to get a decision.

A quick note on CAQ for studies for students going to Quebec. I received my CAQ online, the email confirmation on 26th March 2018. Since I never received the hard copy, I called their number + 1 514 864-9191 and they assured me that that the email confirmation is enough for you to enter Canada along with your study permit. This is because postal delays happen and they probably lost my CAQ in the mail. This is why they send the soft copy in your email. Once in Quebec, you can request them to send you a hard copy again at your Quebec address. You can also confirm the entire thing by calling them on their helpline number + 1 514 864-9191. Install Hangout and call. It will be free! (https://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/reach/telephone.html)

I hope it's not too long to read and like all of you I was waiting anxiously and refreshing my email every now and then. Use the forum. Its gold and you will get a lot of information and don't let refusals for other people depress or scare you. If you have the proper documents, you will get your Visa. I hope everybody gets it ASAP especially many April applicants. This year it has taken long for most of us!

Sincerely,
Vivek
Congratulations, I hope some of us would get a positive response soon. I applied since April 12th and nothing yet.

iamvns1

Jun 14, 2018
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
24-04-2018
Med's Request
18-05-2018
Med's Done....
02-06-2018
Passport Req..
18-07-2018
VISA ISSUED...
23-07-2018
LANDED..........
18-08-2018
Congratulations, I hope some of us would get a positive response soon. I applied since April 12th and nothing yet.
Thank you! I am seeing many April applicants being getting approved this week. It should be here soon. Best wishes!

Reactions: Nedu_0.1

DonaldGreen

Jul 19, 2018
Dearest Forum Members,

Documents Submitted-

Sincerely,
Vivek

Hi Vivek,

Congratulations on your approved application. I hope i could seek positive feedbacks regarding my case.
We got similar case, though my CAQ has been long approved.(applied Nov., 2017- accepted on Dec., 2017) and my letter of acceptance from the school was way earlier. My intake will be this August 2018.

On that stage, I was the only one who did the application until I decided to hire a representative. So technically, my application had started by them just this June. Just completed medical examination on July 18th.
I am starting to get anxious since time is fast approaching.

Do you think they will still conduct an interview if they have reviewed my medical results? As of this moment, i just sorted all the documents they/we could possibly present and right now, i can’t avoid to be worried buy just killing time and wait for the advise of my representative. What worried me more was that she said it’ll be 6-8 weeks. So i freaked out just on myself with that response and pretended to be cool with my response.

I hope this won’t take any much longer. Because the school already informed me of the language placement test schedule already. Just crossing my fingers now.

iamvns1

Jun 14, 2018
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
24-04-2018
Med's Request
18-05-2018
Med's Done....
02-06-2018
Passport Req..
18-07-2018
VISA ISSUED...
23-07-2018
LANDED..........
18-08-2018
Hi Vivek,

Congratulations on your approved application. I hope i could seek positive feedbacks regarding my case.
We got similar case, though my CAQ has been long approved.(applied Nov., 2017- accepted on Dec., 2017) and my letter of acceptance from the school was way earlier. My intake will be this August 2018.

On that stage, I was the only one who did the application until I decided to hire a representative. So technically, my application had started by them just this June. Just completed medical examination on July 18th.
I am starting to get anxious since time is fast approaching.

Do you think they will still conduct an interview if they have reviewed my medical results? As of this moment, i just sorted all the documents they/we could possibly present and right now, i can’t avoid to be worried buy just killing time and wait for the advise of my representative. What worried me more was that she said it’ll be 6-8 weeks. So i freaked out just on myself with that response and pretended to be cool with my response.

I hope this won’t take any much longer. Because the school already informed me of the language placement test schedule already. Just crossing my fingers now.

In our country, India usually study permits dont require an interview. Yours is a different country I guess and I have no idea if an interview/Biometrics etc is required for your application. Since you cleared your medicals 2 days ago, I would wait for a couple of weeks before panicking. Ideally from what I have seen, as soon as you have your medicals cleared, you go into the "reviewing your eligibility" phase and from there it could be as quick as 2 weeks to get a decision or a month too. Keep your fingers crossed! Hopefully, you will get it soon!

15March

Star Member
May 16, 2018
Dearest Forum Members,

Documents Submitted-

Sincerely,
Vivek
hi, did u send a complaint form or a web form??

iamvns1

Jun 14, 2018
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
24-04-2018
Med's Request
18-05-2018
Med's Done....
02-06-2018
Passport Req..
18-07-2018
VISA ISSUED...
23-07-2018
LANDED..........
18-08-2018

iamvns1

Jun 14, 2018
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
24-04-2018
Med's Request
18-05-2018
Med's Done....
02-06-2018
Passport Req..
18-07-2018
VISA ISSUED...
23-07-2018
LANDED..........
18-08-2018
I sent both as well. If i may ask wat is CSE? And with in how many days u got the approval after sending the complaint form.
CSE is case specific enquiry. You can search the forum on how to send that. And as I said in my earlier post, I sent them many emails/CSes but they never responded. They will process it whenever they feel like. What we can do is just try and hope that our complaints/emails make it process faster. As far as I remember, 1 week post the complaint form.

15March

Star Member
May 16, 2018
CSE is case specific enquiry. You can search the forum on how to send that. And as I said in my earlier post, I sent them many emails/CSes but they never responded. They will process it whenever they feel like. What we can do is just try and hope that our complaints/emails make it process faster. As far as I remember, 1 week post the complaint form.
Okay thank u so much for ur reply Vivek. Fingers crossed.