+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa Approved- April 2018 Online Applicant- My experience

mnint

Star Member
Jun 12, 2018
Dearest Forum Members,

Please read so that it will help the future and current applicants-

Applied for a PhD study permit Application in Quebec- 24th April, 2018 (University checklist)
Medical Requested- 18th May, 2018 (Didn't know that it was required to submit the medicals upfront)
Medical Cleared- 2nd June, 2018
Application was stuck in"Reviewing your eligibility phase"
Sent many emails and CSE's- Never got any response
Application/Profile Updated Status Change on 17th July, 2018 morning (If you see something like this, that means someone opened your file and be prepared to expect a decision in a day/within hours sometimes)
Application Approved- 18th July, 2018 (Notified via Email at 12.43 AM IST, Passport request letter was in the Account)
Passport Submitted at VFS Kolkata- 18th July 2018 (Bring your request letter, passport and VAC consent form)

Documents Submitted-
Just the regulars, Passport with all pages, Admission offer letter, Financial offer letter (fully funded), CAQ, Digital Photograph, IMM1294, IMM5645, IMM5257.

I stuck to what was on my checklist. I made a couple of mistakes although it didn't hurt me that much. I would advise you to follow the forum before applying. Attach your SOP, CV, transcripts of the highest degree achieved, TOEFL/IELTS score, etc. I didn't attach these because they were optional. I have seen many cases, where people get stressed out due to this and believe me I was too, but in the end either they will ask you to attach them or you can also email them later if you want. I don't think they will update that information but there is no harm in sending them. Regardless, always try to stick to the checklist and attach all the documents beforehand to avoid any stress and confusion later.

Since my application took more than 7 weeks (12 weeks), I emailed them many times and also sent them CSE's every week just hoping that they would process it quickly. But I gues they get tonnes of emails and not even open these emails. However, you should definitely email them if it has exceeded the normal processing time. Remember to include "URGENT- Processing time bypassed for App No-SXXXXXXXX" in the subject line.

If you want, you can also call them in Canada by using Google Hangouts because its free!! Their number is -+1 613 944 4000. It's going to be a good 30 mins wait and then the agent will say we cant do anything and you can just wait. I am attaching a link to the complaint form too which she advised me to fill out because they took a lot of time to delay my application. (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc.html) Submit your feedback button down in the page.

I think all these things did help me in some way or the other but again, you cant fight time. Whenever they feel like its time to process your application, they will do it. In my case, technically my file was complete only on June 2, 2018 and from there it took around 7 weeks to get a decision.

A quick note on CAQ for studies for students going to Quebec. I received my CAQ online, the email confirmation on 26th March 2018. Since I never received the hard copy, I called their number + 1 514 864-9191 and they assured me that that the email confirmation is enough for you to enter Canada along with your study permit. This is because postal delays happen and they probably lost my CAQ in the mail. This is why they send the soft copy in your email. Once in Quebec, you can request them to send you a hard copy again at your Quebec address. You can also confirm the entire thing by calling them on their helpline number + 1 514 864-9191. Install Hangout and call. It will be free! (https://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/reach/telephone.html)

I hope it's not too long to read and like all of you I was waiting anxiously and refreshing my email every now and then. Use the forum. Its gold and you will get a lot of information and don't let refusals for other people depress or scare you. If you have the proper documents, you will get your Visa. I hope everybody gets it ASAP especially many April applicants. This year it has taken long for most of us!

If you need any help shoot me a message, I will be happy to help.

Sincerely,
Vivek
hey congrats
i have a question, i applied today through an agent but I think she didn't attach the optional documents because I am checking my application under view application and the optional document section is blank :/

iamvns1

Jun 14, 2018
Kolkata, India->Quebec City, Canada
Visa Office......
Online Application-Delhi Embassy
App. Filed.......
24-04-2018
Med's Request
18-05-2018
Med's Done....
02-06-2018
Passport Req..
18-07-2018
VISA ISSUED...
23-07-2018
LANDED..........
18-08-2018
hey congrats
i have a question, i applied today through an agent but I think she didn't attach the optional documents because I am checking my application under view application and the optional document section is blank :/
Yes if that section is blank, that means the optional documents were not attached. Ask your agent why she didn't do it? Again, if your checklist says they are optional documents, it shouldn't really matter much, but if you want to be on the safe side, send them an email/CSE with the optional documents.

ab995

Jul 9, 2018
hey congrats
If you are talking about client information (Where you submit marksheets, sop, ielts score etc), it will not be in the optional documents section. It will be just above that.

comeflywithme

Jul 2, 2018
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi Online
App. Filed.......
25-06-2018
If you are talking about client information (Where you submit marksheets, sop, ielts score etc), it will not be in the optional documents section. It will be just above that.
Do you have an access to online account?? If agent applied on your behalf then how could you access it?

leonardasobo

Star Member
Dec 14, 2017
quick questions guys i have applied for my study permit on the 10 of july and am expecting it on the 10th of august for sep intake. program bishops university bachelors sports program. am from cameroon . i work for the ministry of sports in my country as a sports teacher i got my study leave . i am sponsored by my father he has a company and have shown sufficient funds have paid compulusory tuition deposit already have caq i didtnt do medical have showed fathers assets i gat a scholarship of 5000cad from the school.
Please can you tell me my chances of approval.english proficiency is waived in my country too.

Rana00

Jul 22, 2018
Dearest Forum Members,

Please read so that it will help the future and current applicants-

Applied for a PhD study permit Application in Quebec- 24th April, 2018 (University checklist)
Medical Requested- 18th May, 2018 (Didn't know that it was required to submit the medicals upfront)
Medical Cleared- 2nd June, 2018
Application was stuck in"Reviewing your eligibility phase"
Sent many emails and CSE's- Never got any response
Application/Profile Updated Status Change on 17th July, 2018 morning (If you see something like this, that means someone opened your file and be prepared to expect a decision in a day/within hours sometimes)
Application Approved- 18th July, 2018 (Notified via Email at 12.43 AM IST, Passport request letter was in the Account)
Passport Submitted at VFS Kolkata- 18th July 2018 (Bring your request letter, passport and VAC consent form)

Documents Submitted-
Just the regulars, Passport with all pages, Admission offer letter, Financial offer letter (fully funded), CAQ, Digital Photograph, IMM1294, IMM5645, IMM5257.

I stuck to what was on my checklist. I made a couple of mistakes although it didn't hurt me that much. I would advise you to follow the forum before applying. Attach your SOP, CV, transcripts of the highest degree achieved, TOEFL/IELTS score, etc. I didn't attach these because they were optional. I have seen many cases, where people get stressed out due to this and believe me I was too, but in the end either they will ask you to attach them or you can also email them later if you want. I don't think they will update that information but there is no harm in sending them. Regardless, always try to stick to the checklist and attach all the documents beforehand to avoid any stress and confusion later.

Since my application took more than 7 weeks (12 weeks), I emailed them many times and also sent them CSE's every week just hoping that they would process it quickly. But I gues they get tonnes of emails and not even open these emails. However, you should definitely email them if it has exceeded the normal processing time. Remember to include "URGENT- Processing time bypassed for App No-SXXXXXXXX" in the subject line.

If you want, you can also call them in Canada by using Google Hangouts because its free!! Their number is -+1 613 944 4000. It's going to be a good 30 mins wait and then the agent will say we cant do anything and you can just wait. I am attaching a link to the complaint form too which she advised me to fill out because they took a lot of time to delay my application. (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc.html) Submit your feedback button down in the page.

I think all these things did help me in some way or the other but again, you cant fight time. Whenever they feel like its time to process your application, they will do it. In my case, technically my file was complete only on June 2, 2018 and from there it took around 7 weeks to get a decision.

A quick note on CAQ for studies for students going to Quebec. I received my CAQ online, the email confirmation on 26th March 2018. Since I never received the hard copy, I called their number + 1 514 864-9191 and they assured me that that the email confirmation is enough for you to enter Canada along with your study permit. This is because postal delays happen and they probably lost my CAQ in the mail. This is why they send the soft copy in your email. Once in Quebec, you can request them to send you a hard copy again at your Quebec address. You can also confirm the entire thing by calling them on their helpline number + 1 514 864-9191. Install Hangout and call. It will be free! (https://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/reach/telephone.html)

I hope it's not too long to read and like all of you I was waiting anxiously and refreshing my email every now and then. Use the forum. Its gold and you will get a lot of information and don't let refusals for other people depress or scare you. If you have the proper documents, you will get your Visa. I hope everybody gets it ASAP especially many April applicants. This year it has taken long for most of us!

If you need any help shoot me a message, I will be happy to help.

Sincerely,
Vivek
How many acknowledgment mails you received from Canada Visa Office during whole process? 3 or 4

mnint

Star Member
Jun 12, 2018
Do you have an access to online account?? If agent applied on your behalf then how could you access it?
I do. She sumbitted my application online and gave me the details to login my account.

Which section you mean?

iamvns1

Jun 14, 2018
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
24-04-2018
Med's Request
18-05-2018
Med's Done....
02-06-2018
Passport Req..
18-07-2018
VISA ISSUED...
23-07-2018
LANDED..........
18-08-2018
quick questions guys i have applied for my study permit on the 10 of july and am expecting it on the 10th of august for sep intake. program bishops university bachelors sports program. am from cameroon . i work for the ministry of sports in my country as a sports teacher i got my study leave . i am sponsored by my father he has a company and have shown sufficient funds have paid compulusory tuition deposit already have caq i didtnt do medical have showed fathers assets i gat a scholarship of 5000cad from the school.
Please can you tell me my chances of approval.english proficiency is waived in my country too.
Well If you have the proper documents and can convince the Visa Officer, your chances are pretty good. Good luck!

iamvns1

Jun 14, 2018
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
24-04-2018
Med's Request
18-05-2018
Med's Done....
02-06-2018
Passport Req..
18-07-2018
VISA ISSUED...
23-07-2018
LANDED..........
18-08-2018
Just so that everyone knows, I am updating a few things. Everybody is supposed to get a POE/LOI/Correspondence letter once your application gets approved. Since mine was approved on 16th July, I submitted my passport for stamping on 18th July, 2018. The Visa number/Counterfoil was generated on 23rd July, 2018 and after 1 day, on 24th July 2018 my CIC account got updated with the POE letter. So expect at least 1 week after you submit your passport to get the POE letter in your account. The POE letter has a study permit number starting with a FXXXXXXXXX

Even if you don't get this, you can write to them via email/send a CSE. I have seen many applicants not getting at all but still, they were able to enter Canada. This is because the officer can access all your details from your UCI number. Just carry your passport with stamped Visa and all other documents!

Moha22

Jul 21, 2018
Important quiz:
I have applied my study permit plus submited upfront medical it was 1half years ago, and my application was turned down on the ground, it was 2016, I applied applied again, the same refusal, during my third trial, was 2018 July 10, I submitted via vfs, and Alonso attached my original passport since I had my previous medical soft copy, but today I got an update on my email, when I opened , I found that, they requested me to do medicals, since it expired my first medicals which was 1half years ago, my question is, since I had previous rejections on my profile twice and they requested me to do medical, is that a positive result? I need your help, guys,

salome serrao

Jun 16, 2018
Important quiz:
I have applied my study permit plus submited upfront medical it was 1half years ago, and my application was turned down on the ground, it was 2016, I applied applied again, the same refusal, during my third trial, was 2018 July 10, I submitted via vfs, and Alonso attached my original passport since I had my previous medical soft copy, but today I got an update on my email, when I opened , I found that, they requested me to do medicals, since it expired my first medicals which was 1half years ago, my question is, since I had previous rejections on my profile twice and they requested me to do medical, is that a positive result? I need your help, guys,
Why was it rejected twice ?if ur medicals has expired normally they ask u to do another one as tats the 1st step in processing

Moha22

Jul 21, 2018
Why was it rejected twice ?if ur medicals has expired normally they ask u to do another one as tats the 1st step in processing
My question is, why the VO is requesting me my medicals, and my second rejection, was not asked me any medicals, ? Is it a sign of getting visa, like for instance if u were the VO and you met met someone who had previous rejection, could you ask medical to do that person and yet you know the applicant had refusal twice, maybe he satisfied what the applicant has submitted and he wants to go on, the process, I need expert advisor plz to think critically, because my case is totally different guys and it's unique, I'm from Uganda, the agent which I applied is saying that my case is positive, because they first clear VO eligibility and then medicals

iamvns1

Jun 14, 2018
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
24-04-2018
Med's Request
18-05-2018
Med's Done....
02-06-2018
Passport Req..
18-07-2018
VISA ISSUED...
23-07-2018
LANDED..........
18-08-2018
Important quiz:
Yours is a different case. Hopefully, you have cleared all the doubts in the VOs mind this time, since they rejected you twice. The exact reasons needs to be known in order to make any comment. They are asking you for your medicals because your previous one expired and your file is only complete once you have all the documents submitted. From here only, they will start reviewing and give you a decision. You cannot say anything at this point- Positive/Negative. I really wish that you know the reasons why you were rejected twice and have addressed all the issues in your Statement of Purpose and provided all the other documents. Also, it is country specific and people from Uganda can help you better. Good luck!

Moha22

Jul 21, 2018
Yours is a different case. Hopefully, you have cleared all the doubts in the VOs mind this time, since they rejected you twice. The exact reasons needs to be known in order to make any comment. They are asking you for your medicals because your previous one expired and your file is only complete once you have all the documents submitted. From here only, they will start reviewing and give you a decision. You cannot say anything at this point- Positive/Negative. I really wish that you know the reasons why you were rejected twice and have addressed all the issues in your Statement of Purpose and provided all the other documents. Also, it is country specific and people from Uganda can help you better. Good luck!
Your point of view? I disagree for one reason, here is the example,,, a friend of mine who applied study permit , he paid 1yr tuition and he submitted all the required documents without upfront medical, after few days he got rejected his application and he applied caips notes the reasons were purpose of visit, " that he is not a genuine student, AP will not come back at the end of his stay refused" my point is why VO did not followed the right procedure before reviewing his case, as you said " he requested me a medical to complete the requirements " why didnt the VO send to my friend medical before he jumps into conclusion,( final decision). So that he completes the file, after his second trail, he submitted his application, by addressing the reasons was rejected, after 1week he received medical request , followed by approval