Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My visa stamp had a validity till 31st December, 2018
==========================
Your visa expired the moment the University expelled you. Thus in January. Do not know when exactly you had to leave but definitely you could not stay till December. I think you are good with leaving in February.

1 year program is useless because you will get only 12 month PGWP. And to get points for immigration you need at least 12 months work experience in Canada. There is no guarantee you will secure a proper job at the first day of your PGWP.

But if you still want to come for PAM-1 you have to convince CIC why you think you will not fail this time , and how it will work for you in your home country in terms of better job and future career. I would even compare it with your M.Eng. Industrial program and its perspectives for you. Maybe even say you keep in mind to get Masters one day but realize you are not ready for it yet. So you want to start with PAM-1.

Reactions: Raavann92

Raavann92

Jun 14, 2018
Also, could you please give a link to PAM-1? I was not able to find such a program on Fanshawe College site.
Its "Practical Elements of Mechanical Engineering-1" followed by another one year PG certificate course "Applied Mechanical Design-2". Both of them are PG certificate courses.

Raavann92

Jun 14, 2018
Also, could you please give a link to PAM-1? I was not able to find such a program on Fanshawe College site.
I had applied with the generic checklist the first time. For the second time I had applied in the SPP category. Do you think this can be a reason for refusal?

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I had applied with the generic checklist the first time. For the second time I had applied in the SPP category. Do you think this can be a reason for refusal?
I do not know what they are. Is this something special in India?

I think you need to write a strong SOP explaining your change of plans, your recognition that you are not ready for Masters, why the new path is better for you, how it will help you in your career AT HOME .

Last edited:
Reactions: Raavann92

Raavann92

Jun 14, 2018
I do not know what they are. Is this something special in India?

I think you need to write a strong SOP explaining your change of plans, your recognition that you are not ready for Masters, why the new path is better for you, how it will help you in your career AT HOME .
Here's the CAIPS note I recieved :
"
I have reviewed the application. The applicant is a student, 25, applying to attend a post graduate level
certificate in Mechanical Engineering applications from Fanshawe College. I am not satisfied that the proposed studies are reasonable, based on the following factors: PA was attending the University of Windsor on an SP valid from May 2017 until December 2018, however states that he was dismissed during his second semester due to low grades. Transcripts provided; noted that PA received satisfactory grades in first semester (2
courses) however dropped down to 55 % in both of his second semester courses. PA provides explanation
stating that he chose poor courses in his second semester due to pressures of living away from home, noting that this was amplified by an illness with his grandmother and business disturbances that his father was dealing with. He then states that he lost his passport and returned to India after being dismissed from school. PA now applying for different program at lower level. PA holds previous Bachelor level degree in Mechanical
Engineering. Not clear why PA is not attempting to reinstate himself at the University of Windsor rather than
pursue entirely new program at college level. Although PA appears to have available funds and meets language requirements PA has not provided a satisfactory explanation of his poor academic performance, nor why he did not withdraw immediately to return to India to assist his family rather than continue in coursework as his
explanation indicates that the family concerns were known at the time of his course selection which would have been prior to the start of the term. PA also achieved average to marginal marks in several of his undergraduate courses. Concerns that PA's poor performance may have been due to lack of attendance and academic skills. Given this history, I am not satisfied that PA is a bona fide student. In view of the foregoing reasons, I consider that the incentive to remain in Canada may outweigh the applicant's ties to their country of residence. Purpose of application does not appear to be for genuine study purposes, and overall I am not satisfied that PA will
respect the term of a TRV and/or depart Canada at the end of the period authorized for their stay. Refused."

How to tread ahead?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Unfortunately your attempts to find another course after not being successful in your previous masters points to your desire to immigrate and not your desire to study.

Raavann92

Jun 14, 2018
Unfortunately your attempts to find another course after not being successful in your previous masters points to your desire to immigrate and not your desire to study.
Does that mean I won't be able to obtain a study permit however I try?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Does that mean I won't be able to obtain a study permit however I try?
It isn't impossible but it will be difficult. You have to show why this next course is important for your career and how and why you will do well this time. Also have to show why you need to come to Canada to study and why you need to return to your home country.

Raavann92

Jun 14, 2018
It isn't impossible but it will be difficult. You have to show why this next course is important for your career and how and why you will do well this time. Also have to show why you need to come to Canada to study and why you need to return to your home country.
Should I be re applying with same course ?

I am sorry, I am utterly frustrated and cannot find a way to move ahead.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Should I be re applying with same course ?

I am sorry, I am utterly frustrated and cannot find a way to move ahead.
If you keep on switching courses it will show desperation to get into any Canadian school. Hopefully the PAM makes sense based on your previous education.

Raavann92

Jun 14, 2018
If you keep on switching courses it will show desperation to get into any Canadian school. Hopefully the PAM makes sense based on your previous education.
Exactly what I think. Switching courses will show desperation which VO already sensed. VO mentioned about UofW and even I get enrolled in UofW it will still negatively impact me. I already came back when my SP was cancelled withiut overstaying. I have provided a proof that not matter the circumstance I returned back to my home country once my study was over although incomplete.

Zen_1987

Star Member
Oct 18, 2015
Navsari
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Hi all,

I am posting this message regarding visitor visa to Canada. Here is my some basic information.

Basic Info:
Profession: Front End Web Developer
Marital status : Married
Canada Visa Refusal : Student Visa - Twice ( Dec 2010 - May 2011 )
International Visit : Thailand ( Apr 2018 )

Family Info:
Sibling in Canada : Elder Brother ( Canadian Passport Holder living since 2010 )
Parents : Super visa holder

Financial:
Income : 480K (INR)
Current Bank Account : 800K ( Fixed Diposit ) + Income
Income Tax Return : Last 3 years

Express Entry:
CRS Score : 351 ( Created on 22Feb 2018 )

The main purpose of visit is to find a job so that it will help me to get PR.
What are my chances of getting visitor visa. I am planning to visit in Dec-2018.
Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in Advance.