Interview........
Student Visa
Passport Req..
Student Visa
VISA ISSUED...
2nd, December 2013
LANDED..........
24th of December 2013
Okay - Firstly below is my profile, (I live in India)

10th - 47%
12th - 61.5% (Science)
Bachelors in Business Administration (3 years) - 59%

Post studies (actually from the last year of my bachelors until now) I have more than 3 and a half years of experience from HSBC and Thomson Reuters. I have been working on processes that deal with Salaries processing (with HSBC) and Sales Compensation (Thomson Reuters , my current job for over 2 years now).

Sales compensation - Well, this deals with payroll grievance from our sales team in the US. We play a vital role in their compensation plan development and maintenance of the payroll right from researching into the reason why the reps think they are paid incorrectly to using compensation rules/ policies to approve or reject their request to submitting the payroll to our payroll client (Hewitt).

My proposed course to study is a Payroll and Accounting which is a 2 year diploma course from Seneca college.

Question - Do I have to worry about the course that I have selected OR do I g straight for a 1 year course in Human Resource Management to be n a safer side.

Your inputs are highly appreciated.

reyhan649

Jun 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Student Visa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25th, November 2013
Doc's Request.
Student Visa
Nomination.....
Student Visa
AOR Received.
Student Visa
IELTS Request
7.5 (R-8.5; L-8; S-7.5 and W-6.5)
File Transfer...
26, November 2013
Med's Request
Student Visa
Med's Done....
7th, October 2013
Interview........
Student Visa
Passport Req..
Student Visa
VISA ISSUED...
2nd, December 2013
LANDED..........
24th of December 2013
People!!! Please respond!!!

moorw003

Aug 11, 2013
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29/07/2013
VISA ISSUED...
10/08/2013
Honestly, your visa chances are not good at all.

Someone with a university degree applying to do a college diploma is almost always rejected. To get a visa to study in Canada you have to show progression in your studies so there's very little point unless you can get onto something postgraduate.

reyhan649

Jun 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Student Visa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25th, November 2013
Doc's Request.
Student Visa
Nomination.....
Student Visa
AOR Received.
Student Visa
IELTS Request
7.5 (R-8.5; L-8; S-7.5 and W-6.5)
File Transfer...
26, November 2013
Med's Request
Student Visa
Med's Done....
7th, October 2013
Interview........
Student Visa
Passport Req..
Student Visa
VISA ISSUED...
2nd, December 2013
LANDED..........
24th of December 2013
Thanks for the honest reply but aren't many of the guys here going to Canada for diploma/ post graduate diploma for a year or 2 after completing their bachelors and some work experience? This is what i understand and may be, I am wrong.

moorw003

Aug 11, 2013
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29/07/2013
VISA ISSUED...
10/08/2013
Well you have to distinguish between a diploma and a post grad diploma, they are different things and serve different purposes. My understanding is the course you've listed is not post-grad, so there is no chance you can suggest progression there.

As a side note though, CIC are unlikely to hand out visas to people travelling over to do work experience as part of a post graduate certificate. One of the main criteria when applying for a visa is being able to prove you will return home after your course. This is why diploma courses and especially those at colleges are very hard to get visas for.

just_do_it

Nov 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
reyhan649 said:
Thanks for the honest reply but aren't many of the guys here going to Canada for diploma/ post graduate diploma for a year or 2 after completing their bachelors and some work experience? This is what i understand and may be, I am wrong.
You have to understand that every applicant is viewed individually and what may have worked for others does not mean it will work for you. The SOP you write is what distinguishes you (or should distinguish you) from the thousands of applicants, even in the same program.

The question you have to ask is: Why would you want to go study a program that teaches you to do things you are sort of already doing in your current job? It's these things that Visa Officers will ponder when looking at your application. Unfortunately, nowadays you dont have the opportunity to convince them (as used to be with personal interviews back then) so you have to play it safe.