+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa Application but Passport number was changed due to lost passport

jazzierose

Nov 27, 2019
Hi! Good day!

My mom is taking us (me and my brothers) to Canada and she already received an email where it says she is scheduled to be interviewed on December 3, 2019 for Permanent Residency. We are already completed our medical and are already done submitting all our requirements.
Then she received an email where it says that we only have 30 days from the date of her interview to submit our passports to VFS here in Manila, Philippines.
However, I lost my passport and I'm still waiting for a new one. I will have my new passport in approximately 25 days from now. I called the Department of Foreign Affairs hotline and they said my passport number will change when I receive my new one.
I just wanna ask if what do we need to do now?
What will happen to our application?
I have a police report and affidavit of loss as a proof for my lost passport.

Hoping to hear from anyone soon. Thank you so much.

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Hi! Good day!

My mom is taking us (me and my brothers) to Canada and she already received an email where it says she is scheduled to be interviewed on December 3, 2019 for Permanent Residency. We are already completed our medical and are already done submitting all our requirements.
Then she received an email where it says that we only have 30 days from the date of her interview to submit our passports to VFS here in Manila, Philippines.
However, I lost my passport and I'm still waiting for a new one. I will have my new passport in approximately 25 days from now. I called the Department of Foreign Affairs hotline and they said my passport number will change when I receive my new one.
I just wanna ask if what do we need to do now?
What will happen to our application?
I have a police report and affidavit of loss as a proof for my lost passport.

Hoping to hear from anyone soon. Thank you so much.
You probably realize now that with you application in progress you probably should have paid the extra PHP to have it expedited, 10 days processing time but too late for that now. Maybe you misunderstand the passport request, you won't have to submit your passport to VFS until after your interview, decision is made and the actual passport request from IRCC. They won't ask for your passport before your application has been approved.

If you have a copy of your PP take it with you to the interview and explain to the interviewer what has happened. You will probably be fine. Once you get the new PP send a web form to IRCC with a photocopy of it.