+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa and PR card travel entitlement

david1697

Nov 29, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
steaky said:
Why isn't it so? OP said that if you have no intention of moving to Canada then why would you even apply! The link clearly shows people actually done this sort of thing. Therefore what I posted earlier had direct relevance to what OP had posted. So your post was irrelevant to what I have posted.

Like yourself, anyone can post any number of links to any number of circumstances, hearsays and cases irrelevant to others tries to understand or asks about in his/her specific circumstances, and all that is being accomplished is adding to confusion and giving an erroneous, even dangerously misleading, advise.
First of all, this is an off topic, senseless debate to carry on on this thread. It doesn't in any way answer the questions or concerns of OP.
I apologize to readers and to OP once again.Please ignore the below as it is not relevant to what OP asked about.

Second of all, OP in a latest post you refer to was referring to a statement I have made earlier under this thread, in my response to another off topic debate.
I earlier asked Rob why would one land in Canada if one had no intention to move to Canada.
And I still stand by my statement. I believe when immigrants land they have intention to move to Canada, though they may not intend to move immediately upon landing, but at sometime later. I don't fathom why would one land with no intention to ever move to Canada.

You don't know and can't possibly know what intentions of the individual poster on thread you linked to were when he landed in Canada first time as PR. So, you can't assert he had no intention to move to Canada when originally landed. You don't even know what his intentions are now. All you know is that he is a PR in Canada and wants to maintain his PR while abroad and staying with his son. If anything, it tells you he has an intention to remain a PR. Whether he can retain his PR or not (regardless of his intention) is another question. Chances are he may not, due to 2/5 year law and lack of exception. Under new 2/5 rule and after abolishing "Returning resident permit" CIC no longer concerns itself with Landed PR's intention when considering maintenance of PR.

But , most importantly, why you bring a completely irrelevant to OP case into discussion? What is the use of it?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
david1697 said:
But , most importantly, why you bring a completely irrelevant to OP case into discussion? What is the use of it?
No, this is not off topic until the OP deletes his statement: if you have no intention of moving to Canada then why would you even apply!. Until then, this is still relevant.

I might not know the current intentions of what the poster on the other thread, but I won't discuss this in details because this is really off topic and not relevant to what OP had posted. You should apologize to the readers. I don't believe people land they have intention to move to Canada is always the case. Especially if someone has good job, making good money in a tax haven home country, accompanying Canadian spouse & children - which might not be the case in either OPs.

david1697

Nov 29, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
steaky said:
No, this is not off topic until the OP deletes his statement: if you have no intention of moving to Canada then why would you even apply!. Until then, this is still relevant.

I might not know the current intentions of what the poster on the other thread, but I won't discuss this in details because this is really off topic and not relevant to what OP had posted. You should apologize to the readers. I don't believe people land they have intention to move to Canada is always the case. Especially if someone has good job, making good money in a tax haven home country, accompanying Canadian spouse & children - which might not be the case in either OPs.
Do you realize that you are the one who veers discussion off the topic? You are essentially doing the opposite of what OP asked (not to confuse and not to bring off topic debates), and it becomes clear if you put his quoted statement into the context of his reply.

I apologized to readers for my share in letting it to happen, and you would do yourself good if you recognized the extent of your own responsibility.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
david1697 said:
Do you realize that you are the one who veers discussion off the topic? You are essentially doing the opposite of what OP asked (not to confuse and not to bring off topic debates), and it becomes clear if you put his quoted statement into the context of his reply.

I apologized to readers for my share in letting it to happen, and you would do yourself good if you recognized the extent of your own responsibility.
You are the one who veers discussion off topic when you said it doesn't in any way answer the questions or concerns of OP when the OP's argument was - if you have no intention of moving to Canada then why would you even apply! There is just this statement - no questions or concerns!

david1697

Nov 29, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
steaky said:
You are the one who veers discussion off topic when you said it doesn't in any way answer the questions or concerns of OP when the OP's argument was - if you have no intention of moving to Canada then why would you even apply! There is just this statement - no questions or concerns!
There was more to his reply than reinstating what I originally told Rob.

Have a good day steaky

david1697

Nov 29, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OP:

I have some questions which I cannot find an answer to so I would be greatful for any guidance;

I'm currently waiting for my federal self employed visa to be issued by London, I believe I have to be considered as Landed in Canada for my PR card to be issued. The problem I have is that I have a business in the UK to wind down which is going to take at least a year to do. I will also need to finish any ongoing work, break down machinery, arrange shipping and sell machinery, clear the work premises, finalise accounts etc and do the opposite in Canada. I want to go out to Canada as soon as I have my visa to register for a business license, apply for permits, find a commercial premises and somewhere to live etc before I shut down in the UK - I can ship stuff out if there's no where to ship it to!

So if I have a visa but waiting for a PR card after "landing" can I still exit and re-enter Canada without any issues?

How long before the visa expires after being issued?