+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Virtual Oath Ceremony

fairplaylad

Jun 30, 2022
In today's ceremony, officer from alberta was asking on local id(apart form PR card i showed and she was not wanting current passport).
Luckily i had local health card which i renewed before moving out of Canada hence could show.

How did anyone manage this kind of situation where one has only valid PR card, valid passport and expired state driver license?
My wife doesnt have valid local id hence now confusion on how to handle this problem during her oath on 10th.
Not sure why these federal guys asking on local id and that too asking if its still valid. They cannot do their residency verification on oath day.
You were able to take the ceremony outside of Canada? I requested and they denied :confused:

Ronnie1970

Star Member
May 1, 2021
today at 9:32 AM
Hello Everyone

Need some information from members who have already taken the oath.

During oath did you need your COPR if you had your PR card in your possession and became a PR after June 28 2002?

Just trying to be sure as mine is back home.

Thanks

Ronnie

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
You were able to take the ceremony outside of Canada? I requested and they denied :confused:
The agent told me I can as long as I have doctor's note during the interview.
What's your reason? Medical?

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
I attended from inside. I didnt request for it.
I have seen few requested and got it approved but not sure if they started denying recently or if its based on the reason we provide. Not sure though.

CANADA-1

Jan 17, 2017
today at 9:32 AM
Hello Everyone

Need some information from members who have already taken the oath.

During oath did you need your COPR if you had your PR card in your possession and became a PR after June 28 2002?

Just trying to be sure as mine is back home.

Thanks

Ronnie
YES-august 3/202
use to every thing ready as per e mail
check only 2 piece id and pr (pr front and back and cut on camera)
not asking to show landing paper and passport.

CANADA-1

Jan 17, 2017
Hi Hariajmohan,

We have an Oath ceremony on 23rd august. Both mine and wife have expired OHIP cards and no DL because we were out of the country till July and we cannot get new ones in time for ceremony. My daughter's OHIP card is still valid. Was it okay when you showed them the expired cards?

Thanks!

Ramesh
when you come back canada next day line up service canada and renew your card you can get paper one this one can use with any photo id card even id card expiry dose not matter so dont take risk to explain clerk

Reactions: Rameshvs30

Pratikkumar

Star Member
Nov 8, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London VO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-05-2017
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
11-03-2017
AOR Received.
04-0502017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
10-09-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
17-04-2017
Passport Req..
30-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-12-2017
LANDED..........
30-04-2018
I took oath (my son is added to my file). I had displayed only my number. Officer will ask you who all take oath. They are noting down who all are taking oath(whether they are with you together or not with you). So joining on one number in same laptop should be very much fine as they are not going to miss sending you certificate. I think that i remember officer was asking us not to enter more than 1 number(but its not a big deal as they are going to tell you what to do hence not a big issue).

Just follow their instructions and you would be fine. Dont worry too much and no need to be prepared heavily.

Emailing the form: They dont acknowledge. We have seen many mentioning they dont even get auto reply. So dont expect any reply. Watch you account to get updated to closed in few days. No receipt given during ceremony.
The subject format mentioned in the pdf invite was different than what i was instructed during the oath. So watch for post ceremony and take screenshot on the format and email id.(email should be same as in your invite but just in case).
I was ready with my form signed and scanned before the ceremony and sent the email after the ceremony.
I think that some officers ask you to sign and mine didnt but either way you need to send the scanned one after the ceremony hence it wont matter if you sign during the ceremony or after.

You can ask on getting certificate but some officer seems to be not having control hence they are repeating the same thing like "it will take time as early delivery is not guaranteed and avoid traveling till you get certificate". So try to mention on it and then when you send your oath form, include proof that you need to travel soon etc and request them to send it soon and give it a shot. YOu cant do more than that.

My experience:
Join the meeting and wait till they allow you in.
Change the seat number instead of name. Rename button is there.
One person will welcome you and will tell that later to join the breakout room
Click on on button to go to breakout room.
wait in breakout room
Dont unmute till you are asked to do so.
One person will start calling few numbers to unmute.
Wait till you are called to unmute.
Either someone will call your number to unmute or you will be automatically taken to a room to verify your IDs.
They call this one as pre-registration room.
You need to spell your name, address with postal code.
Officer will ask if you are in Canada.
Officer will explain that you cannot travel etc.
Show the PR card. Show other ID card. Here this officer wanted another canadian ID card. i showed heatlh card. She asked if its valid.
Now moved back to waiting room.
There will be popup window saying you will be leaving breakout room.
You will be moved to main session for ceremony.
THey will play welcome home video about Canada.
Whenever unmute button pops up then unmute yourself.
Oath: They will tell and you will repeat.
Later they will ask you to turn off video so that the judge can pose a photo which you can screenshot if you want.
Post ceremony then will tell how and where to send the signed form. They will show the email and subject you need to write in and ask you to send all the forms in same email(separate forms for all except children less than 14).
Wonderful details. Thanks a lot

kooer

Jun 8, 2016
Hi, Quick question for those who have taken the virtual oath and the ceremony portion. Are you able to see the other participants at any point? I know it all goes by seat number not name, but zoom will usually show the other participants in a call and I was wondering if this happens here?

bakshivishal

May 6, 2014
I have my virtual path next week, few queries:
1. there are instructions to send them oath or affirmation form after oath. does anyone know where to download it from or do they send it?
2. this link states that we need to bring "
  • a signed copy of the Permission Release and Consent form (included with the notice)
" I don't see this instruction in email
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/citizenship-ceremony.html

Thanks,
Vishal