+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Virtual Oath Ceremony

Dee3186

Aug 8, 2022
I have my virtual path next week, few queries:
1. there are instructions to send them oath or affirmation form after oath. does anyone know where to download it from or do they send it?
2. this link states that we need to bring "
  • a signed copy of the Permission Release and Consent form (included with the notice)
" I don't see this instruction in email
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/citizenship-ceremony.html

Thanks,
Vishal
You only need to sign the last page in the instructions sent to you and email it to IRCC
I wondered too about that signed copy permission release, but it wasn't needed at all in my virtual oath ceremony. So I have no idea what it is, but can say that it is not needed.

Reactions: bakshivishal

Farah2018

Sep 9, 2018
My spouse and I applied for citizenship online separately. We got virtual oath invitation for the same ceremony. We have separate seat numbers. Is it possible to attend the ceremony together using the same device? If "yes", how to do that?
Forum members, please share your opinions. Thanks.

Last edited:

Varunaimar

Jan 25, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-03-2018
AOR Received.
20-05-2018
IELTS Request
29-12-2017
Med's Done....
08-05-2018
Passport Req..
20-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-2018
LANDED..........
26-04-2019
Hi everyone,

Can I share my zoom link with my parents outside Canada to attend the ceremony? If so, do they login with my seat number as well and do they need to prepare some sort of IDs or anything?

Thanks!
For whom is the ceremony? Is it for you or your parents?

Sep 30, 2022
My spouse and I applied for citizenship online separately. We got virtual oath invitation for the same ceremony. We have separate seat numbers. Is it possible to attend the ceremony together using the same device? If "yes", how to do that?
Hi, did you get any info regarding this? I'm in similar situation.

Doom__V

May 6, 2018
Are the file numbers same on oath form or oath seat numbers consecutive ? If yes maybe you can go together.

otherwise it’s best to attend from separate devices. You can also ise mobile to join call on zoom

This will not confuse the clerk. Since you applied separately and go together, clerk validating your docs might get confused and unnecessarily delay your application.

try to keep it simple for the other person. They would have 15-20 people to check and validate.

Last edited:

Farah2018

Sep 9, 2018
Hi, did you get any info regarding this? I'm in similar situation.
Me and my spouse both attended the ceremony together (same device) using the zoom link which was included on the notice to appear email. When I logged in to zoom, I changed the name to our seat numbers like 10,11 . We were also able to do the registration together. Everything went smooth.

Last edited:
Reactions: Doom__V