+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

virtual landing - CoPR - PR card

hm21

Oct 25, 2019
Hey Guys! Need your help!
I applied for our PR in Dec'19, I was primary applicant and my wife was a dependent.
My wife had to travel urgently outside Canada in Nov'20 and while she is outside Canada, we received COPR and our virtual landing was done.
Now, can someone please help me make a decision, should I apply for a PR card for my wife(I have her photograph that abides specifications) or should I inform IRCC that she is outside Canada.
If I inform IRCC that she is outside Canada, what would be the next steps and how long it possible would take for her to come back.

Anyone in similar situation?

ITA: 30/10/2019
AOR: 15/12/2019
COPR(& virtual landing) : 08/12/2020

Thanks a lot in advance

geol

Dec 18, 2014
Hey Guys! Need your help!
I applied for our PR in Dec'19, I was primary applicant and my wife was a dependent.
My wife had to travel urgently outside Canada in Nov'20 and while she is outside Canada, we received COPR and our virtual landing was done.
Now, can someone please help me make a decision, should I apply for a PR card for my wife(I have her photograph that abides specifications) or should I inform IRCC that she is outside Canada.
If I inform IRCC that she is outside Canada, what would be the next steps and how long it possible would take for her to come back.

Anyone in similar situation?

ITA: 30/10/2019
AOR: 15/12/2019
COPR(& virtual landing) : 08/12/2020

Thanks a lot in advance
If virtual landing is done then her TRV stands cancel. She can enter Canada with PR card or permanent resident travel document (PRTD.

hm21

Oct 25, 2019
Yes, her virtual landing is done.
To apply for PR card, ideally, she shud be physically present in Canada(but she is not).
If I inform ircc, would they cancel/undo her virtual landing?

If virtual landing is done then her TRV stands cancel. She can enter Canada with PR card or permanent resident travel document (PRTD.

geol

Dec 18, 2014
To apply for PR card, ideally, she shud be physically present in Canada(but she is not).
I heard pr card takes normally 120-135 days presently. In my opinion she should apply for PRTD to travel back to Canada on safer side. Once she came back then you apply for PR card.

vishal128901

Star Member
Nov 21, 2017
You have received a mail for PPR, you should send the passports. It's a written document proof and call center personal said - you will be landed virtually. Yes once you send the passports as per the guidelines in the letter then you will be acknowledged and put in a que for virtual landing. 90 days are auto extended time period for submission of passport, so please submit your passport otherwise your application may got rejected.
I was actually told not to submit my passport and that I will be landed virtually. I finally did receive my COPR. From what I have been reading, if you send your passport and your are already inland, they just return your passport without a COPR.

Reactions: geol

geol

Dec 18, 2014
I was actually told not to submit my passport and that I will be landed virtually. I finally did receive my COPR. From what I have been reading, if you send your passport and your are already inland, they just return your passport without a COPR.
Congratulations

May 4, 2020
Hi,
Would you please share how did you handle this issue?

hm21

Oct 25, 2019
Hi,
Would you please share how did you handle this issue?
I did research and people told me to inform IRCC that she is not here.
I informed them, they reversed her virtual landing. And after that there is no response on next steps from them. its been almost 4 months now

May 4, 2020
I did research and people told me to inform IRCC that she is not here.
I informed them, they reversed her virtual landing. And after that there is no response on next steps from them. its been almost 4 months now
Thanks for the information.
Does this mean that you got your PR status as the primary application, while your wife's virtual landing has been reversed?

jckp

Mar 19, 2021
Are there some people who virtually have landed recently?
Im waiting for contact from CIC office for virtual landing.
What’s the virtual landing like? Do I need to zoom or phone call with officer?

LATIKA1610

Apr 4, 2019
Hey,
Our file is outland but my husband is in canada on TRV from last 7 months. And we receive PPR on march 19th 2021. No update after that. Is it a good idea to apply for work permit from within canada or waiting for COPR is a better option? Please help me to know whats the best scenario considering the delays due to pandemic. Thanks

jckp

Mar 19, 2021
Hey,
Our file is outland but my husband is in canada on TRV from last 7 months. And we receive PPR on march 19th 2021. No update after that. Is it a good idea to apply for work permit from within canada or waiting for COPR is a better option? Please help me to know whats the best scenario considering the delays due to pandemic. Thanks
I'm on the same boat. I'm afraid you can't apply for work permit with outland application. You have to wait for CoPR... After you get CoPR, your husband can get SIN number so he start working immediately. I think you already informed your VO about you're already in Canada as instructed by the PPR. Which is your VO?

LATIKA1610

Apr 4, 2019
I'm on the same boat. I'm afraid you can't apply for work permit with outland application. You have to wait for CoPR... After you get CoPR, your husband can get SIN number so he start working immediately. I think you already informed your VO about you're already in Canada as instructed by the PPR. Which is your VO?
Ottawa. How about yours?

Reactions: Oyibo Pepper