+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

virtual landing - CoPR - PR card

urstrulyaddy

Star Member
Jan 15, 2019
Hi guys, my wife received PPR this week. After repeatedly informing IRCC that my wife is in Canada on TRV and changing the address too. I've sent a webform again informing IRCC that she is physically present here. Per recent trend, when can I expect the virtual landing instructions link from IRCC?

Fmin99

Aug 16, 2021
Hey,
Our file is outland but my husband is in canada on TRV from last 7 months. And we receive PPR on march 19th 2021. No update after that. Is it a good idea to apply for work permit from within canada or waiting for COPR is a better option? Please help me to know whats the best scenario considering the delays due to pandemic. Thanks
Hello,
Have you received any invitation email for virtual landing?

Fmin99

Aug 16, 2021
Same boat since March 19th(1st PPR request). We got a second PPR request on July 19th. We been contacting IRCC since march for virtual landing but no use. Finally I am planning to ask my MP to reach out to IRCC and also request for GCMS notes. Have tired any other method that worked? Thanks
Hello,
What did you do after receiving the second PPR? Have you got any response from LVO? I’m in the same boat and have received the second PPR. Have you got any invitation letter for virtual Landing?

new335896

Star Member
Mar 5, 2018
Hi guys, my wife received PPR this week. After repeatedly informing IRCC that my wife is in Canada on TRV and changing the address too. I've sent a webform again informing IRCC that she is physically present here. Per recent trend, when can I expect the virtual landing instructions link from IRCC?
I'm in the same boat outland , wife in Canada on a visitor visa , today they sent PPR letter , I thought she's supposed to do virtual landing since she's already in Canada

urstrulyaddy

Star Member
Jan 15, 2019
I'm in the same boat outland , wife in Canada on a visitor visa , today they sent PPR letter , I thought she's supposed to do virtual landing since she's already in Canada
Wife received PPR on Aug 23. Still waiting for virtual landing portal. Raised several webforms already. Agents on the phone tell to just wait. No ETA. Looking at how it is going, we are planning to travel to NYC (since both of us hold us visa) and submit passport there and get the COPR done.

new335896

Star Member
Mar 5, 2018
Wife received PPR on Aug 23. Still waiting for virtual landing portal. Raised several webforms already. Agents on the phone tell to just wait. No ETA. Looking at how it is going, we are planning to travel to NYC (since both of us hold us visa) and submit passport there and get the COPR done.
did you send photocopy of her passport to Ottawa along with the PPR letter and two photos ? We just did that , Asked my MP about the virtual landing he said you just follow the PPR letter and send stuff to Ottawa so i just did , He said just send photocopy of passport since the applicant already in Canada and doesn't need a visa to Enter Canada .. in your case if you left Canada you will need to submit your original passport so they will stamp PR visa for your return .

urstrulyaddy

Star Member
Jan 15, 2019
did you send photocopy of her passport to Ottawa along with the PPR letter and two photos ? We just did that , Asked my MP about the virtual landing he said you just follow the PPR letter and send stuff to Ottawa so i just did , He said just send photocopy of passport since the applicant already in Canada and doesn't need a visa to Enter Canada .. in your case if you left Canada you will need to submit your original passport so they will stamp PR visa for your return .
Oh wow, you sent the copy and photographs to Ottawa? Let me DM you

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Please do advise others how this goes. It's hard to say which approach is better but I can't disagree with your MP, that if your letter of instructions says to send to Ottawa, they can't fault you for following the instructions.

And while those who are contacting IRCC by phone are being told the instructions to send docs to Ottawa are 'mistaken' (their mistake of course), there are more than a few waiting for lengthy periods for the virtual landing instructions. If it were me in this situation I'd probably send it on to Ottawa (if and only if that's what the PPR instructions said).

urstrulyaddy

Star Member
Jan 15, 2019
Please do advise others how this goes. It's hard to say which approach is better but I can't disagree with your MP, that if your letter of instructions says to send to Ottawa, they can't fault you for following the instructions.

And while those who are contacting IRCC by phone are being told the instructions to send docs to Ottawa are 'mistaken' (their mistake of course), there are more than a few waiting for lengthy periods for the virtual landing instructions. If it were me in this situation I'd probably send it on to Ottawa (if and only if that's what the PPR instructions said).
In our case, Wife's PPR has no instructions to send it to Ottawa office. Instead there's a one line stating if you are in canada, please advise via webform and request to switch to virtual landing. That's it. Already done that several times before and after PPR. Nothing yet. Just get generic webform replies.

urstrulyaddy

Star Member
Jan 15, 2019
@armoured would you suggest
1. Travelling to NYC to submit the passport and get the COPR (Given that I already notified IRCC several times that wife is in Canada and requested to switch to virtual landing) OR
2. Just wait for virtual instructions in a limbo with no ETA?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
@armoured would you suggest
1. Travelling to NYC to submit the passport and get the COPR (Given that I already notified IRCC several times that wife is in Canada and requested to switch to virtual landing) OR
2. Just wait for virtual instructions in a limbo with no ETA?
Don't feel qualified to give advice on this. If spouse does travel to USA, she might need to stay there for some time, esp if must submit passport (ie depends on nationality).

The other thing is, it does depend on how critical it is for you in timing - eg whether spouse wants to work right away - and no way to know which might be faster.

Reactions: urstrulyaddy

urstrulyaddy

Star Member
Jan 15, 2019
Don't feel qualified to give advice on this. If spouse does travel to USA, she might need to stay there for some time, esp if must submit passport (ie depends on nationality).

The other thing is, it does depend on how critical it is for you in timing - eg whether spouse wants to work right away - and no way to know which might be faster.
Definitely the spouse wants it sooner to be able to work. :) But looks like can't do much about it.

Got through the call with IRCC today. As per their instructions I just have to stand by.

Reactions: armoured

scenestrange

Apr 27, 2021
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
23-04-2021
Hello @armoured and team,

We(I, wife and 2 year old daughter) all got our eCOPR on 15th August.

However, only me and my daughter received our PR cards. My wife, she still hasn't received her PR card yet.

Our Visa office is, OSC(Operations Support center).

Anyone in same boat?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hello @armoured and team,

We(I, wife and 2 year old daughter) all got our eCOPR on 15th August.

However, only me and my daughter received our PR cards. My wife, she still hasn't received her PR card yet.

Our Visa office is, OSC(Operations Support center).

Anyone in same boat?

So it/s been ... a little bit more than a month? Relax and wait.Yes it's weird they were not all issued and sent at exactly the same time. It's still not that long.

Reactions: scenestrange