+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

virtual landing - CoPR - PR card

vishal128901

Star Member
Nov 21, 2017
Hey guys, I'm happy to update that I have completed my virtual landing today. It's been a journey.
Congratulations!! May I ask you how long it took to schedule the virtual landing and how did you get in touch with the local IRCC office? I am kind of in a limbo and haven't heard anything from the local IRCC office which is suppose to complete me virtual landing.

mlei9569

Star Member
Dec 11, 2019
Congratulations!! May I ask you how long it took to schedule the virtual landing and how did you get in touch with the local IRCC office? I am kind of in a limbo and haven't heard anything from the local IRCC office which is suppose to complete me virtual landing.
It took around maybe two weeks for my local office to contact me for a virtual landing. I contacted CIC client service centre and was informed that IRCC Montreal was to be responsible office. I don’t have any contact information on local IRCC office. Ottawa probably assigns per it’s rules and procedures.

xMrsBee

Star Member
Aug 19, 2019
Visa Office......
New York
App. Filed.......
22-08-2019
AOR Received.
21-09-2019
File Transfer...
30-10-2019
Med's Request
26-09-2019
Med's Done....
02-10-2019
Interview........
06/10/2020
My husband just received an email from IRCC Hamilton saying his application is complete and he is now a permanent resident of Canada. Now he has to apply for his PR card. Does that mean they did a virtual landing for us already? He’s been here in Canada since August. We sent out the photocopy of his passport etc last week. CIC says everything is complete and ECAS says complete. Does that mean it’s over? No typical landing?

mlei9569

Star Member
Dec 11, 2019
My husband just received an email from IRCC Hamilton saying his application is complete and he is now a permanent resident of Canada. Now he has to apply for his PR card. Does that mean they did a virtual landing for us already? He’s been here in Canada since August. We sent out the photocopy of his passport etc last week. CIC says everything is complete and ECAS says complete. Does that mean it’s over? No typical landing?
Congratulations! Yes, he's now a permanent resident of Canada, and his CoPR along with his passport can serve as his identification until his PR card is issued.

Some VO calls applicants to confirm if they are still in Canada, but others just send out the CoPR.

Reactions: xMrsBee

xMrsBee

Star Member
Aug 19, 2019
Visa Office......
New York
App. Filed.......
22-08-2019
AOR Received.
21-09-2019
File Transfer...
30-10-2019
Med's Request
26-09-2019
Med's Done....
02-10-2019
Interview........
06/10/2020
Congratulations! Yes, he's now a permanent resident of Canada, and his CoPR along with his passport can serve as his identification until his PR card is issued.

Some VO calls applicants to confirm if they are still in Canada, but others just send out the CoPR.
Thank you for the reply. This is great news lol. So, does he still have to land? That’s really the only part we’re still confused about lol. Because the email didn’t mention anything about that.

vishal128901

Star Member
Nov 21, 2017
Congratulations! Yes, looks like its done. May I ask you if you were explicitly told to send the photocopy of the passport? I first received an email asking me to send the passport and subsequently was told not to send the passport but wait for the local VO to complete the virtual landing. After that I got a reply to a web form saying that I should send the passport :). I am not sure what I should do. It will be really helpful if you share your experience. thanks.

xMrsBee

Star Member
Aug 19, 2019
Visa Office......
New York
App. Filed.......
22-08-2019
AOR Received.
21-09-2019
File Transfer...
30-10-2019
Med's Request
26-09-2019
Med's Done....
02-10-2019
Interview........
06/10/2020
Congratulations! Yes, looks like its done. May I ask you if you were explicitly told to send the photocopy of the passport? I first received an email asking me to send the passport and subsequently was told not to send the passport but wait for the local VO to complete the virtual landing. After that I got a reply to a web form saying that I should send the passport :). I am not sure what I should do. It will be really helpful if you share your experience. thanks.
Wow! That’s amazing lol. But, now we need to figure out how to get the rest of his stuff here. We received the PPR on October 21st so we got everything we needed together and sent it out two days later. We were never contacted and told not to bother. Plus we only had to send a photocopy and 2 photos. But, since we got the COPR & this email saying he’s now a permanent resident it says he needs to apply for his PR card. So now I suppose we have to get another picture. But what were the only two pictures for? Lol it’s a bit confusing now but still so exciting and such a relief.

vishal128901

Star Member
Nov 21, 2017
Wow! That’s amazing lol. But, now we need to figure out how to get the rest of his stuff here. We received the PPR on October 21st so we got everything we needed together and sent it out two days later. We were never contacted and told not to bother. Plus we only had to send a photocopy and 2 photos. But, since we got the COPR & this email saying he’s now a permanent resident it says he needs to apply for his PR card. So now I suppose we have to get another picture. But what were the only two pictures for? Lol it’s a bit confusing now but still so exciting and such a relief.
So you guys got the PPR, but then you sent only the passport photocopy and the photos, is that correct? Maybe I will do the same.

xMrsBee

Star Member
Aug 19, 2019
Visa Office......
New York
App. Filed.......
22-08-2019
AOR Received.
21-09-2019
File Transfer...
30-10-2019
Med's Request
26-09-2019
Med's Done....
02-10-2019
Interview........
06/10/2020
So you guys got the PPR, but then you sent only the passport photocopy and the photos, is that correct? Maybe I will do the same.
Yes, since my husband is from America we only had to send a photocopy. We did all of this before today. But the last two days we’ve received an email saying congratulations you’re now a permanent resident of Canada. Plus our ECAS & CIC all say complete. So it all seems like we’re all done. But we just wanted to make sure that’s the case since he hasn’t actually landed so I assume they did the virtual landing but it would have been nice to know that was happening because now we’re a bit confused lol. But I guess we’ll wait and see if anything comes in the mail since we sent out the passport photocopy & photos we also had to send a pre paid express post envelope for them to return something to him. I assumed the photos we sent were for his PR card but the email we got today says he has to apply for the PR card and send a photo.

vishal128901

Star Member
Nov 21, 2017
Yes, since my husband is from America we only had to send a photocopy. We did all of this before today. But the last two days we’ve received an email saying congratulations you’re now a permanent resident of Canada. Plus our ECAS & CIC all say complete. So it all seems like we’re all done. But we just wanted to make sure that’s the case since he hasn’t actually landed so I assume they did the virtual landing but it would have been nice to know that was happening because now we’re a bit confused lol. But I guess we’ll wait and see if anything comes in the mail since we sent out the passport photocopy & photos we also had to send a pre paid express post envelope for them to return something to him. I assumed the photos we sent were for his PR card but the email we got today says he has to apply for the PR card and send a photo.
Thanks for the response and congrats once again!

chinusha21

Star Member
Jan 16, 2020
hi, my twins are born in India in Sept. 2019 & I have their TRV. Their PR is under process still.. I am in India with them since 14 months...My husband sponsored them and he is in Canada. I am in dilemma whether to return to Canada before passport request and then just change their residence address thru web form of ircc or not? My husband and i are both PR.
I had applied for their PR in Feb 2020.
Sponsor eligibility email received on 28th Sept 2020.
File moved to CPC Ottawa on 30th Sept 2020. Online application status says: we started processing your application on 22nd Oct. 2020.
Will highly appreciate any guidance...

Thanks.

orangezuo

Oct 15, 2020
My timeline:
28-Aug - request for passport
01- Sep- sent the passport to CPC-O
14- Sep - the passport was returned with CoPR and visa
14- Sep- Call IRCC and agent said virtual landing in queue
02-Nov- virtual landing done

Reactions: vishal128901

vishal128901

Star Member
Nov 21, 2017
My timeline:
28-Aug - request for passport
01- Sep- sent the passport to CPC-O
14- Sep - the passport was returned with CoPR and visa
14- Sep- Call IRCC and agent said virtual landing in queue
02-Nov- virtual landing done
Do you mind sharing which VO did your virutal landing?
Also, were you outside Canada or inside when doing the virtual landing?

Harry9191

Nov 2, 2020
Hi,
inland pnp application
i got my ppr on aug 09, 2020
Passport sent cpc-ottawa 11 aug 2020
Was put in queue for for virtual landing on aug 24 2020.
cpc Ottawa assigned Saskatoon as a secondary office as i am in Saskatchewan.

Still waiting and whenever i call cic they advise to wait
how much time is it going to take? It is painful!
Please suggest.