+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

VIRTUAL HEARING EXPERIANCE

Gin9

Jun 22, 2021
On a same boat bro... 3 months and counting... There is no time frame for waiting, all depends on member, do you know what was your member's name was, we might have same member
Called last week as well. No decision has been made yet. I’m still on the bubble. It’s very stressful. The last time I called they said , could be 6 months, but it really depends on the member. My hearing went smooth. I honestly don’t know why I didn’t get a decision on spot.

May 7, 2021
Called last week as well. No decision has been made yet. I’m still on the bubble. It’s very stressful. The last time I called they said , could be 6 months, but it really depends on the member. My hearing went smooth. I honestly don’t know why I didn’t get a decision on spot.
Yes its stressful but don't worry, eventually the decision will come up with lots of joys and happiness, i believe things happen on their right times...
How long did your hearing last, mine was around 3 hours including two 10 minutes of breaks and 35 minutes lawyer submission

Gin9

Jun 22, 2021
Yes its stressful but don't worry, eventually the decision will come up with lots of joys and happiness, i believe things happen on their right times...
How long did your hearing last, mine was around 3 hours including two 10 minutes of breaks and 35 minutes lawyer submission
Mine was only 1h45 mns. Including one 15 mns break and the lawyer submission.
I was thinking about calling by the end of this week. At the same time , I really don’t know what to do. I can’t sleep at night. Can’t focus at work.

May 7, 2021
Just had words with lawyer, he received email, unfortunately i got negative decision, he said IFA is the primary reason, will apeal

Gin9

Jun 22, 2021
Wow ! I’m really sorry to hear that my friend! What happened exactly? Member was not convinced that you would still be at risk even if you moved to a different place home?

May 7, 2021
Wow ! I’m really sorry to hear that my friend! What happened exactly? Member was not convinced that you would still be at risk even if you moved to a different place home?
Hearing went smoothly and not expecting this decision honestly, its like a shock to me

Gin9

Jun 22, 2021
I am in Montreal. I just remember her first name was Sara. The agent called me back this afternoon and said she did a follow-up with the member and the member has not made a decision yet. She said the average waiting time is about 45 days.
Sara was the one working on my case too. But somehow , they have a new agent now. He’s name is Matthieu.

Swagzzy

Jan 28, 2020
Just had words with lawyer, he received email, unfortunately i got negative decision, he said IFA is the primary reason, will apeal
Sorry about the situation. It happens and I like your spirit. Make sure your lawyer has good records on appeal and try to understand the basis of the IFA. Beyond your lawyer’s argument, ensure you add at least one or two more evidences to refute the member’s choice of your IFA city.
I wish you the very best.

Gin9

Jun 22, 2021
Sorry about the situation. It happens and I like your spirit. Make sure your lawyer has good records on appeal and try to understand the basis of the IFA. Beyond your lawyer’s argument, ensure you add at least one or two more evidences to refute the member’s choice of your IFA city.
@Swagzzy are you still waiting on your decision ?

May 7, 2021
Thanks for your words
Would you please suggest any good lawyer for appeal, one of my friend suggested for a legal aid lawyer

Swagzzy

Jan 28, 2020
Thanks for your words
Would you please suggest any good lawyer for appeal, one of my friend suggested for a legal aid lawyer
It doesn’t matter whether it’s a legal aid lawyer or not. It depends on how experienced the lawyer is and how much interest he or she has in helping people apart from making money.
Haven said this, I am in Toronto and all the lawyers I know are here. There are quite some good ones if you don’t mind.