+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

VIRTUAL HEARING EXPERIANCE

miaa_00

Star Member
Mar 17, 2021
Hi,

I have my hearing scheduled for this Monday.. I called my lawyer last monday for preparation and he said that we need only one day to prepare. so I called him again on wednesday to see if he wants me to do preparation and he disconnected my call. Then I didnt call him yesterday as it was a holiday. Now, when I am calling him to ask if I have to come he is disconnecting my call and even no one is answering in the office.

I am so worried if I should directly go to the office or wait as I have only today left. Weekend they are closed and Monday is my hearing.
Please advice what shall I do in such circumstances

joe202

Feb 24, 2021
Hi,

I have my hearing scheduled for this Monday.. I called my lawyer last monday for preparation and he said that we need only one day to prepare. so I called him again on wednesday to see if he wants me to do preparation and he disconnected my call. Then I didnt call him yesterday as it was a holiday. Now, when I am calling him to ask if I have to come he is disconnecting my call and even no one is answering in the office.

I am so worried if I should directly go to the office or wait as I have only today left. Weekend they are closed and Monday is my hearing.
This is the reason why I did not hire a lawyer.

Masjuy

Dec 6, 2020
Hi,

I assume he is in the middle of hearing. I would try calling him again, and I would be on my way to his office. Good luck

Reactions: Fiza.ali24

Swagzzy

Jan 28, 2020
I assume he is in the middle of hearing. I would try calling him again, and I would be on my way to his office. Good luck
I wish you the very best. Sometimes the prep do not really help. I will advise you study your BOC perfectly well and go know your story. Learn to give ‘closed answers’ to questions unless the member asks you to explain more on any issue. Be confident, be brief and precise.
It will end in praise.

May 7, 2021
Hi,

If he's not helpful, specially at this point, you need to help yourself, read your BOC as much as you can, memorize events and dates, make sure there shouldn't be any contradictions during your hearing.
Wish you all the very best

Last edited:

miaa_00

Star Member
Mar 17, 2021
Hi,
I am worried about IFA.. can someone guide me as I have my hearing tomorrow morning and my lawyer didnt prepare me..

Thanks

Masjuy

Dec 6, 2020
Hi,
I am worried about IFA.. can someone guide me as I have my hearing tomorrow morning and my lawyer didnt prepare me..

Thanks
I have not had mine yet but you have to rebut that they ( do not use pronouns such he or they and etc, try to use police, government, family members) can reach and find you everywhere
It is hard to suggest because we do not know your details

Reactions: Chimurenga 4

miaa_00

Star Member
Mar 17, 2021
I have not had mine yet but you have to rebut that they ( do not use pronouns such he or they and etc, try to use police, government, family members) can reach and find you everywhere
It is hard to suggest because we do not know your details
thanks!!

Swagzzy

Jan 28, 2020
Hi,

Thanks
Hi…it is good that you have this thought but it is hard to give you any clue since we don’t know the country you come from and what is your reason from fleeing. Nonetheless, you must prepare at least three reason why you can not live in any country that might be suggested for you as IFA such as: Language barrier, house difficulties, education for your kids if you have any, inability to secure job and the key reason why it will be easy for whoever that you are fleeing from.
I wish you the best.

Chimurenga 4

Star Member
Feb 10, 2021
Hi…it is good that you have this thought but it is hard to give you any clue since we don’t know the country you come from and what is your reason from fleeing. Nonetheless, you must prepare at least three reason why you can not live in any country that might be suggested for you as IFA such as: Language barrier, house difficulties, education for your kids if you have any, inability to secure job and the key reason why it will be easy for whoever that you are fleeing from.
I wish you the best.
Swaggzy you always give good advice. Thank you.

Reactions: Swagzzy and miaa_00

Masjuy

Dec 6, 2020
I wish you the best.
Right and in addition, say like for example they can find you through the registration system, such as house registration, school, passport
The key is you can be killed or have punishment and etc if you reallocate
Good luck