Mar 15, 2019
My experience
Claim submitted January 02 2018.
Postponed Hearing date June 6 2018.
New Hearing date June 2 2021
Virtual Hearing. Lasted 55 minutes
No question about IFA
Commissioner was only interested in credibility
Break for an hour. Positive decision on table.
Received notice of decision via mail after 7 days.
Glory be to God. The God who did for me will do for each and every one of u on this forum.
Congratulations! your story gives hope, may I ask from which country are you?

Reactions: Chimurenga 4

Gin9

Jun 22, 2021
Hey Guys !
just want to share my experience here as well. Very stressful !

Came in Canada Jan2020, and made the claim on the same day. Got my letter for hearing in April 2021, hearing date was June 2nd,2021.
It took about 1h45Mns.
Member was direct about his questions.

Questions were mainly about my narrative : Credibility mostly !!
such as : When did I leave the country ? Why? Who am I fearing ?
Asked me to describe my situation a bit. Then a pause of 15mns after almost and hour.
Came back, and asked me two other questions then He asked if my lawyer had something to say, what does he think about the case ? That’s when my lawyer read his thing…
Unfortunately, he asked me for a document I didn’t have, but gave me a timeline to submit,which I’ve done after ! I called in , they informed me that they received it but no decision yet and I should be waiting till the end of the month. So I’ll probably
Going to call on Friday for an update.

And that was it ! He wished me luck ! And that he will be communicating his decision after because of that paper I was missing,I didn’t get the answer on the spot unfortunately, I really had HIGH EXPECTATIONS! I was kinda disappointed. Because I never thought he’d be asking me question regarding that specific part of my story.
but I’m still positive !

I’ll update y’all as soon as I got an update. Good luck to you !

Reactions: Chimurenga 4

May 7, 2021
Hey Guys !

Came in Canada Jan2020, and made the claim on the same day. Got my letter for hearing in April 2021, hearing date was June 2nd,2021.
It took about 1h45Mns.

Asked me to describe my situation a bit. Then a pause of 15mns after almost and hour.
Came back, and asked me two other questions then He asked if my lawyer had something to say, what does he think about the case ? That’s when my lawyer read his thing…
Unfortunately, he asked me for a document I didn’t have, but gave me a timeline to submit,which I’ve done after ! I called in , they informed me that they received it but no decision yet and I should be waiting till the end of the month. So I’ll probably

And that was it ! He wished me luck ! And that he will be communicating his decision after because of that paper I was missing,I didn’t get the answer on the spot unfortunately, I really had HIGH EXPECTATIONS! I was kinda disappointed. Because I never thought he’d be asking me question regarding that specific part of my story.
but I’m still positive !

All the very best
Your positive decision on your way I'm sure..

Jos48669

Jun 1, 2021
Hey Guys !

It took about 1h45Mns.

but I’m still positive !

The same thing happened to me. I had my hearing on 1st june. She didn’t ask me for any evidence because I had submitted all the evidences. The member told me that she will mail me NOD after 2 weeks. Its been 3 weeks so far, I called them day before yesterday they said decision is not made yet. Hope for a positive result.
can you please share where have you submitted your BOC Montreal or TOronto?

Gin9

Jun 22, 2021
The same thing happened to me. I had my hearing on 1st june. She didn’t ask me for any evidence because I had submitted all the evidences. The member told me that she will mail me NOD after 2 weeks. Its been 3 weeks so far, I called them day before yesterday they said decision is not made yet. Hope for a positive result.
can you please share where have you submitted your BOC Montreal or TOronto?
Hey !
How is it going ?
Mine was Montreal.
Called again today, spoke to a different agent , decision is not made yet. When I first call, they told me end of June or beginning of July, so I will give another call next Friday.

May 7, 2021
I'm awaiting for my NOD for around 3 months now, my hearing was in the first week April, called IRB, still its not been rendered

Reactions: Gin9