+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

VIRTUAL HEARING EXPERIANCE

farsxp

Apr 19, 2019
Just read this

This year’s data also includes information about outcomes on appeals at the IRB’s Refugee Appeal Division (RAD). As with RPD decision-making, outcomes at the RAD appear to vary greatly depending on who serves as the decision-maker. For example, in RAD cases decided on the merits, claimants were much more likely to succeed in their appeals before M. Cote (61.7%, 47 cases), S.S. Kular (57.8%, 45 cases) or C. Harrison Baird (54.2%, 24 cases) than before R. Bebbington (8.2%, 97 cases), L. Favreau (10.4%, 48 cases) or D. Goff (17.9%, 28 cases).
Do you know which country has the highest approval rate at the hearing?

Swagzzy

Jan 28, 2020
Do you know which country has the highest approval rate at the hearing?
I do not understand this analysis pls. My hearing member was S.S Kular and I got a negative response. One lawyer said she is a nice member and another one disagreed completely.

farsxp

Apr 19, 2019
I do not understand this analysis pls. My hearing member was S.S Kular and I got a negative response. One lawyer said she is a nice member and another one disagreed completely.
Please reply @cyberlink he mentioned facts about members.
I do not have enough info about members nor my lawyer believes in members' subjective decision making. My lawyer believes there are issues to address like IFA, credibility (by hearing, by using NDP and by using personal evidence), delay in making a claim and identity and method/port of entry. If all of these are addressed correctly in the narrative, evidence and during the questioning at the hearing, the member cannot subjectively refuse a case.

Swagzzy

Jan 28, 2020
Please reply @cyberlink he mentioned facts about members.
I do not have enough info about members nor my lawyer believes in members' subjective decision making. My lawyer believes there are issues to address like IFA, credibility (by hearing, by using NDP and by using personal evidence), delay in making a claim and identity and method/port of entry. If all of these are addressed correctly in the narrative, evidence and during the questioning at the hearing, the member cannot subjectively refuse a case.
Thanks for your response. What I am asking for clarification is to know if the members mentioned like S.S Kular is part of those making subjective decisions because in my situation, I believe her decision was quite subjective.
Even in the NOD she sent, she was very subjective.

farsxp

Apr 19, 2019
Thanks for your response. What I am asking for clarification is to know if the members mentioned like S.S Kular is part of those making subjective decisions because in my situation, I believe her decision was quite subjective.
Even in the NOD she sent, she was very subjective.
I am not sure if this is the case for now. Because one way or another you need to go ahead with appeal and the member who will investigate your case will be selected at random. I'd say a lawyer who has much experience with appeal division and federal court can be more helpful than knowing if the member at your hearing was subjective because the decision is made already.

Reactions: Swagzzy

titapet

Mar 29, 2020
Hearing decisions are based on evidence on file and not the profile of a hearing member. Irrespective of a hearing member, I do believe if u build a good truthful case you will be accepted. Canada is a good country and most of these members are just doing their job. You cant present a clumsy case and expect them to give a positive decision.

Reactions: Swagzzy

Swagzzy

Jan 28, 2020
Hearing decisions are based on evidence on file and not the profile of a hearing member. Irrespective of a hearing member, I do believe if u build a good truthful case you will be accepted. Canada is a good country and most of these members are just doing their job. You cant present a clumsy case and expect them to give a positive decision.
I agree with you completely.

DamnYouDaria

Star Member
Aug 20, 2020
Yukon
Category........
Other
Hello,

So, I had my hearing virtually on the 9th of March. I had a pre-hearing conference the week prior and the internet connection was so bad, that I was concerned how that could affect the hearing. So, I decided to go to a co-working space so that I could do my hearing and be hardwired in. That actually worked out well.

My hearing was held through the IRB's Vancouver office with member Aamna Afsar.

Did I get a decision that day? No. I should expect to get my decision within a matter of weeks, according to them.

Swagzzy

Jan 28, 2020
Hello,

So, I had my hearing virtually on the 9th of March. I had a pre-hearing conference the week prior and the internet connection was so bad, that I was concerned how that could affect the hearing. So, I decided to go to a co-working space so that I could do my hearing and be hardwired in. That actually worked out well.

My hearing was held through the IRB's Vancouver office with member Aamna Afsar.

Did I get a decision that day? No. I should expect to get my decision within a matter of weeks, according to them.
I wish the the very best during your waiting period.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
We had our virtual hearing yesterday, it lasted 50mins. Members said she didnt have any more questions, and ask if Counsel has, she replied No. She allowed interpretor to leave and we break for 2hrs. She gave us positive decision on the table.
She was convinced with all the testimony, and conclude there are no viable IFA, State Protection and No credibility

Timeline:
Nov 2019
Jun 2020 received letter asking for some documents
Jan 2020: Hearing scheduled for March

Zana Ali

Star Member
Mar 14, 2021
We had our virtual hearing yesterday, it lasted 50mins. Members said she didnt have any more questions, and ask if Counsel has, she replied No. She allowed interpretor to leave and we break for 2hrs. She gave us positive decision on the table.
She was convinced with all the testimony, and conclude there are no viable IFA, State Protection and No credibility

Timeline:
Nov 2019
Jun 2020 received letter asking for some documents
Jan 2020: Hearing scheduled for March
Are you selected for file review!