+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Vienna VO takes over Berlin VO

BC2013

Feb 21, 2012
LANDED..........
7-16-2014
Effective April 30, 2012, the Visa and Immigration Sections at the Canadian Embassies in Germany (Berlin) - among others - will be closed. Its service will be taken over by the Vienna VO.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/notice-office.asp

flojli

May 7, 2012
Does anyone know if this will cause much delay in the processing time? I sent in my application materials, which was received by Berlin office on April 26th. Only last friday i read about the closure of the Berlin office and now applications are transferred to the Vienna office. I'm traveling to the United States on May 17th, and urgently need my passport back for this trip. At this point, I don't care for the Canadian visa anymore (I intended to also visit Vancouver BC on my trip to the US).
I tried to call the Vienna office, and it's an automatic machine. I also tried to email them to check on the status and there has been no response.
Does anyone know how I can reach them so that I can obtain my passport back in time?

Thank you very much.

BC2013

Feb 21, 2012
LANDED..........
7-16-2014
flojli said:
Does anyone know if this will cause much delay in the processing time? I sent in my application materials, which was received by Berlin office on April 26th. Only last friday i read about the closure of the Berlin office and now applications are transferred to the Vienna office. I'm traveling to the United States on May 17th, and urgently need my passport back for this trip. At this point, I don't care for the Canadian visa anymore (I intended to also visit Vancouver BC on my trip to the US).
I tried to call the Vienna office, and it's an automatic machine. I also tried to email them to check on the status and there has been no response.
Does anyone know how I can reach them so that I can obtain my passport back in time?

Thank you very much.
I would expect at least some kind of delay. Regarding your need for four passport - send an additional e-mails and/or try calling them (again).