+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

VIENNA OFFICE

K0nsumHure

Feb 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Plz advice
How ling does it take from submitting the passport till we get it back?
I work as a cabin crew and I travel almost 4 times a week so I need my passport. I can have a sick note but not for a long time. Anyone can advice me what I should do?
Jeez, calm down. People will not answer quicker because you posted a couple times.

I didn't have to send in my passport just new pictures. However since I'm in Canada I sent it to Ottawa and they took exactly 10 business days until they sent it back (then another 2 days to make it here).

K0nsumHure

Feb 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How long has it been since you've last seen movement? What step are you at? I can't handle the waiting :(
I received my COPR today. So finally this chapter is done. Can't say I'll miss it.
You're good on track though. BR check lasted just over a month for me.

Reactions: rose2rock

K0nsumHure

Feb 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just wanted to update that my husband received COPR yesterday morning. :)

Though I said he received "PPR" on Tuesday, as a German (i.e. visa-exempt) citizen he didn't actually have to submit his passport at all. No scans or additional photos were requested either, even though his photos were from last August. The message he got from Vienna on Tuesday was actually them confirming they had documents ready to send him and asking him how he wanted them delivered (the letter is somewhat confusingly written, as it refers to his passport being ready to be returned, but I figured they just meant COPR).

As others have mentioned in the past, Vienna gives you the option to have it couriered if you make all the arrangements yourself or you can have them send it for free by registered mail. We opted for the latter, since registered mail from Austria to Germany should be very reliable. I believe it was sent Wednesday, so it only took two business days to arrive.

I'm somewhat amazed that everything is actually settled, and very, very grateful that everything went so smoothly in the end. I'm especially relieved that this means we don't have to worry about applying for a student permit for my husband at the last minute and can just land immediately and get on with things.

Thank you to everyone for your advice and company on this crazy-making journey. I feel very lucky to have had such a smooth ride, and I hope that everyone who is still waiting experiences the same from here out! If I can be of any help still, don't hesitate to let me know. Until then, fingers crossed for you all! :)
Congrats to you two. I'm glad everything worked out.
Can't help to feel some envy though, it took us double the time to go through this crap, disrupting everything and putting life on hold.
Well, gotta go forward from here, complaining doesn't help. :)

Sorry for your loss though. People important to me are the only thing I'll really miss from back home, especially not seeing the little guys growing up and not spending enough time with some older ones before it'll be too late.
Come over and say Hi if you're ever in around in the Rockies.

rose2rock

Jan 23, 2019
Visa Office......
Vienna Austria
App. Filed.......
11-03-2019
AOR Received.
10-04-2019
CONGRATULATION to all of you Vienna successful applicants @schweisy , @K0nsumHure , , I am glad you all made it a success .

my file is transfered to Vienna VO today 27.05.2019. I wish a speedy processing of my applicaiton.

pieben

Nov 21, 2018
Are there any Express Entry applicants on this forum?
I got an ADR 3 weeks ago, uploaded it immediately and they haven't viewed it yet. The Vienna office usually takes a week to respond to enquiries and have only ever responded with vague template messages. After 8 months my patience has been tested to the limit.
I wish it were possible to talk to someone at their office and have an actual conversation to find out what is really going on.

06hoquen

Nov 1, 2018
Hey guys how long did it take for the background check at Vienna? My spouse BGC just started n his timeline ends on July 17...

At last they started BGC after 6 months

K0nsumHure

Feb 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey guys how long did it take for the background check at Vienna? My spouse BGC just started n his timeline ends on July 17...

At last they started BGC after 6 months
It's hard to give general timelines. BGC will depend where the applicant is from and the history (travel, living abroad citizenship etc).
It took just over a month for me from the BGC to Decision made.

Reactions: 06hoquen

K0nsumHure

Feb 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Are there any Express Entry applicants on this forum?
I got an ADR 3 weeks ago, uploaded it immediately and they haven't viewed it yet. The Vienna office usually takes a week to respond to enquiries and have only ever responded with vague template messages. After 8 months my patience has been tested to the limit.
I wish it were possible to talk to someone at their office and have an actual conversation to find out what is really going on.
Since this thread is in the family class part of the forum I assume no or not many. No idea what an ADR3 is. Doesn't exist in the family class.
I'm surprised to hear express entry takes so long though (what does the express stand for? haha)

Apr 7, 2019
Since this thread is in the family class part of the forum I assume no or not many. No idea what an ADR3 is. Doesn't exist in the family class.
I'm surprised to hear express entry takes so long though (what does the express stand for? haha)
An ADR does exist in the family class. What was meant by an ADR 3 weeks ago, was an Additional Documents Request (ADR) was made 3 weeks ago. There may be Express entry applicants in this thread if you browse through previous pages as there are very few active threads pertaining to Vienna!

To address your concern, we also received an ADR in late-November and it wasn't reviewed until mid-January, so it can definitely take a while and does add a bit of a delay to the process, but don't worry, everyone's time will come. The Vienna is slowly but surely making progress on people's applications everyday. Good luck! :)

Ziko1505

Star Member
Feb 26, 2019
uae
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
july 18,2018
AOR Received.
november 9,2018
File Transfer...
december 23,2018
Med's Request
november 11,2018
Med's Done....
november 16,2018
I received my PPR 2 days ago, and today I sent my passport to Vienna VO via DHL who claimed it will be there on friday.
Any idea how long does it take to receive the passport back, knowing that I also received the DM on ecas last week.
I sent an inquiry to see if they can process it faster due to my job requiring me to travel on daily basis but did not hear back from them.

06hoquen

Nov 1, 2018
Hey all my spouse received the both Pre arrival pack and request letter for passport today. At last after 6.5 months being at Vienna office after transferred.... Applied july17

Reactions: K0nsumHure

06hoquen

Nov 1, 2018
Hi we are confused about where to send the passport.

Did everyone send to Vienna office?

My spouse letter came from Vienna. he lives in Germany closest vfs office is dusselforf and Berlin

Did you guys send passport to Vienna to VFS visa office? Or Vienna embassy where letter came from?

06hoquen

Nov 1, 2018

My spouse letter came from Vienna. he lives in Germany closest vfs office is dusselforf and Berlin

Did you guys send passport to Vienna

Or VFS visa office? Or Vienna embassy where letter came from?

Ziko1505

Star Member
Feb 26, 2019
uae
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
july 18,2018
AOR Received.
november 9,2018
File Transfer...
december 23,2018
Med's Request
november 11,2018
Med's Done....
november 16,2018

Did you guys send passport to Vienna to VFS visa office? Or Vienna embassy where letter came from?
I received the PPR from Vienna embassy.
I live in dubai, so sent the passport yesterday via DHL to VAC or wt they call vfs Vienna.
You have to pay the fees aswell that is mentioned in their website as a bank transfer and send the receipt with the passport.
Will update you when vfs receive the passport.