+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

VIENNA OFFICE

06hoquen

Nov 1, 2018
The agents will keep saying that everything looks fine, and once the timeline is close they will extend the timeline. DId you order gcms? what was the last update on it

I ordered and due to being over 60 days called the number you provided no one picks up only voice mail left possible I left voice mail. For the ATIP

Immigration_guru

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
I ordered and due to being over 60 days called the number you provided no one picks up only voice mail left possible I left voice mail. For the ATIP
I doubt they would listen to the voice mail. Try calling them again at office hours.

rose2rock

Jan 23, 2019
Visa Office......
Vienna Austria
App. Filed.......
11-03-2019
AOR Received.
10-04-2019
can someone tell me the best place to make a MR test in Germany at lower cost

SHAHABZ

Mar 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

I recently heard that some files are being transferred from London visa office to Vienna Visa Office. How fast is the process at Vienna?

K0nsumHure

Feb 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

I recently heard that some files are being transferred from London visa office to Vienna Visa Office. How fast is the process at Vienna?
Can't say anything about transfer of files between these offices. Vienna isn't the fastest. I'm waiting since December. Other people had better luck. Just check the timelines of people in this thread.

Agvdrc

Feb 13, 2019
Can't say anything about transfer of files between these offices. Vienna isn't the fastest. I'm waiting since December. Other people had better luck. Just check the timelines of people in this thread.
How long has it been since you've last seen movement? What step are you at? I can't handle the waiting :(

schweisy

Dec 7, 2018
Berlin
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
07-12-2018
AOR Received.
07-02-2019
File Transfer...
11-03-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
11-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2019
Update:

My husband got DM and PPR today, two business days after we finally submitted a new set of documents proving my intent to return. That should be some reassurance for anyone else who may be asked to provide additional evidence of the sponsor's intentions -- it does seem to be nothing more than a formality for citizens living abroad, albeit one I could have done without the extra stress of having to prepare.

Any celebration is bittersweet for me, however, because at the end of April one of my closest family members back home in Canada, one of the people I was working so hard to get back to, suddenly died. Some of you noticed I dropped off the boards at that time, as I just haven't had the energy or desire to participate since then.

If there's anything I can offer to this community from this experience, it's simply to maintain perspective. For everyone who is frustrated from waiting for what feels like an eternity, for everyone who is hurting over a loved one missing a big life event, try if you can to remember the long term, and what a huge blessing it is that you can still expect to see that person soon, that you can still pick up the phone and hear their familiar voice. A year to wait is honestly nothing -- in difficult moments take a deep breath and try to remind yourself how profoundly lucky you really are after all. Of course it's not always easy, but I'm working to do this in this moment as well, and to find comfort by deeply reflecting on the so very many things I do have to be wildly grateful for, not least of which is the future my husband and I have ahead of us still in Canada. As usual we are lacking an emoji that might convey a sad but hopeful smile, so this one will have to do :)

Luthien

Star Member
Jul 25, 2018
AOR Received.
23-05-2019
Update:

My husband got DM and PPR today, two business days after we finally submitted a new set of documents proving my intent to return. That should be some reassurance for anyone else who may be asked to provide additional evidence of the sponsor's intentions -- it does seem to be nothing more than a formality for citizens living abroad, albeit one I could have done without the extra stress of having to prepare.

Any celebration is bittersweet for me, however, because at the end of April one of my closest family members back home in Canada, one of the people I was working so hard to get back to, suddenly died. Some of you noticed I dropped off the boards at that time, as I just haven't had the energy or desire to participate since then.

If there's anything I can offer to this community from this experience, it's simply to maintain perspective. For everyone who is frustrated from waiting for what feels like an eternity, for everyone who is hurting over a loved one missing a big life event, try if you can to remember the long term, and what a huge blessing it is that you can still expect to see that person soon, that you can still pick up the phone and hear their familiar voice. A year to wait is honestly nothing -- in difficult moments take a deep breath and try to remind yourself how profoundly lucky you really are after all. Of course it's not always easy, but I'm working to do this in this moment as well, and to find comfort by deeply reflecting on the so very many things I do have to be wildly grateful for, not least of which is the future my husband and I have ahead of us still in Canada. As usual we are lacking an emoji that might convey a sad but hopeful smile, so this one will have to do :)

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. That must be very hard for you.
And also a big congrats to the two of you for getting PPR. It seems like it was a fast process for you guys. :)

Reactions: schweisy

rose2rock

Jan 23, 2019
Visa Office......
Vienna Austria
App. Filed.......
11-03-2019
AOR Received.
10-04-2019
What do you mean with MR test?
by MR i meant medical exam. I wanted to know the best and cheap place to get the medical exam done. at the moment i have finallized on that

schweisy

Dec 7, 2018
Berlin
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
07-12-2018
AOR Received.
07-02-2019
File Transfer...
11-03-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
11-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2019
Just wanted to update that my husband received COPR yesterday morning. :)

Though I said he received "PPR" on Tuesday, as a German (i.e. visa-exempt) citizen he didn't actually have to submit his passport at all. No scans or additional photos were requested either, even though his photos were from last August. The message he got from Vienna on Tuesday was actually them confirming they had documents ready to send him and asking him how he wanted them delivered (the letter is somewhat confusingly written, as it refers to his passport being ready to be returned, but I figured they just meant COPR).

As others have mentioned in the past, Vienna gives you the option to have it couriered if you make all the arrangements yourself or you can have them send it for free by registered mail. We opted for the latter, since registered mail from Austria to Germany should be very reliable. I believe it was sent Wednesday, so it only took two business days to arrive.

I'm somewhat amazed that everything is actually settled, and very, very grateful that everything went so smoothly in the end. I'm especially relieved that this means we don't have to worry about applying for a student permit for my husband at the last minute and can just land immediately and get on with things.

Thank you to everyone for your advice and company on this crazy-making journey. I feel very lucky to have had such a smooth ride, and I hope that everyone who is still waiting experiences the same from here out! If I can be of any help still, don't hesitate to let me know. Until then, fingers crossed for you all! :)

schweisy

Dec 7, 2018
Berlin
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
07-12-2018
AOR Received.
07-02-2019
File Transfer...
11-03-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
11-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2019
I am so sorry to hear about your loss. That must be very hard for you.
And also a big congrats to the two of you for getting PPR. It seems like it was a fast process for you guys. :)
Thank you @Luthien, on both counts. It was a fast process for us in the end, definitely. I have to say, from what I have seen of the other VOs, Vienna is actually not a bad one to go through at all (take a look at the threads for most other VOs, like London, Mexico, Rabat, or even Paris and you'll see what I mean!). It's especially smooth if you're applying from a visa-exempt country like Germany I think, so I imagine your process will be quick as well. All the best to you! :)

Ziko1505

Star Member
Feb 26, 2019
uae
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
july 18,2018
AOR Received.
november 9,2018
File Transfer...
december 23,2018
Med's Request
november 11,2018
Med's Done....
november 16,2018
H
Hey guys, here's a final update from us!

Vienna VO just issued my wife's counterfoil and CoPR. We will pick up her passport on Monday and she will be leaving on November 2nd. It's been such a long journey, almost 11 and a half months... now we can finally start our married life here in Canada.

I wish every single one of you the best and to be reunited with your spouse as soon as possible!
How long did it take from time u submitted the passport until u got it back?

Ziko1505

Star Member
Feb 26, 2019
uae
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
july 18,2018
AOR Received.
november 9,2018
File Transfer...
december 23,2018
Med's Request
november 11,2018
Med's Done....
november 16,2018
Plz advice
How ling does it take from submitting the passport till we get it back?
I work as a cabin crew and I travel almost 4 times a week so I need my passport. I can have a sick note but not for a long time. Anyone can advice me what I should do?

K0nsumHure

Feb 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
by MR i meant medical exam. I wanted to know the best and cheap place to get the medical exam done. at the moment i have finallized on that
As far as I know they should cost about the same everywhere. Also there are only like 4 places listed on the CIC site to get it done, they have to be licensed to do so by immigration.

Just phone around which place has the earliest open appointment. I only could get one about a month in advance.

Reactions: rose2rock