+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

VIENNA OFFICE

bhrizvi

Star Member
Aug 13, 2018
Hello fellas,

I received Additional Document Request on April 21st, 2018 and submitted the document on April 23rd, 2018.
My application is kind of stuck, is anyone else facing this issue?

Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents Not applicable.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

ayman_dayem

Jul 26, 2018
Hello fellas,

I received Additional Document Request on April 21st, 2018 and submitted the document on April 23rd, 2018.
My application is kind of stuck, is anyone else facing this issue?

Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents Not applicable.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
I think we have the same timeline , when did you receive the Medical exam request?

rikta92

Star Member
Nov 29, 2017
Bosnia
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
Recieved passport request today. Ecas showing Decision Made. Thank God finally its over!

They asked also to inform them about changes in Family like if anything changed with kids or something like that and also if someone get convicted or criminal offence. Can someone who had passport request tell me how to do this?

AirJordan23

Star Member
Dec 19, 2017
Recieved passport request today. Ecas showing Decision Made. Thank God finally its over!

They asked also to inform them about changes in Family like if anything changed with kids or something like that and also if someone get convicted or criminal offence. Can someone who had passport request tell me how to do this?
Congratulations, I’m really happy for you! I hope you don’t have to wait too long to receive your passport back!

Reactions: rikta92

ronjames

Star Member
Jan 10, 2017

I think my wife just received something similar today

Did it state "Your application for permanent residence in Canada has reached the final stage of processing. Before it
can be finalized, you must follow the instructions below within 30 days of the date of this letter.
"

Then they also asked for submitting passport and stuff (photos)

ECAS is also showing 'decision made' but CIC tool is still showing 'background check in progress'.

Is this basically an acceptance?

The only problem is that her passport expires March 9, 2019. And the Serbian Government says that she cannot renew her passport until September 9.

Wondering if we should send everything ASAP (Monday morning in Belgrade) or contact CIC and ask for an extension until she receives her new passport. Is she able to send in her old passport to Vienna, receive the visa, then when she gets her new passport, get the old stamp transferred over to her new passport?

Best of luck to everyone else in this!

Last edited:

Kibo

Aug 18, 2018
I think my wife just received something similar today

Did it state "Your application for permanent residence in Canada has reached the final stage of processing. Before it
can be finalized, you must follow the instructions below within 30 days of the date of this letter.
"

Then they also asked for submitting passport and stuff (photos)

ECAS is also showing 'decision made' but CIC tool is still showing 'background check in progress'.

Is this basically an acceptance?

The only problem is that her passport expires March 9, 2019. And the Serbian Government says that she cannot renew her passport until September 9.

Wondering if we should send everything ASAP (Monday morning in Belgrade) or contact CIC and ask for an extension until she receives her new passport. Is she able to send in her old passport to Vienna, receive the visa, then when she gets her new passport, get the old stamp transferred over to her new passport?

Best of luck to everyone else in this!
Why not just wait for the new passport and then send that one in. You got 30 days. I doubt they you can transfer the sticker from one to another. Saves you the pain of any delays

Reactions: ronjames

Kibo

Aug 18, 2018
Why not just wait for the new passport and then send that one in. You got 30 days. I doubt they you can transfer the sticker from one to another. Saves you the pain of any delays
And yeah the email she got is the pre arrival letter so you guys are approved

Reactions: ronjames

A.malek94

Sep 15, 2017
Vienna, Austria
Visa Office......
Vienna immigration centre
Med's Request
20 - 10 - 2017
Med's Done....
21-11- 2017
Interview........
13 -03 - 2018
Hopefully bro we'll hear something from them this week o_O.
Die your sponser already got his PR card ? Because my sponsor didn't get yet and i've been told that i have to wait till my sponser get his PR then my status will be changed to decision made . I'm not sure if it's right or not do you know something about that ?
Hi bro , yes my sponsor which is my father, he have he's PR card early in this year

A.malek94

Sep 15, 2017
Vienna, Austria
Visa Office......
Med's Request
20 - 10 - 2017
Med's Done....
21-11- 2017
Interview........
13 -03 - 2018
Hello
2 days ago I have received an passport request & i am totally confused about it so i will copy paste here the first few sentences from it so maybe some of you guys enlighten my way

(This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order to complete the processing of your application, your passport and the documents listed below are required.)
They need 2 photos for each applicant
So does this a good sign?

A.malek94

Sep 15, 2017
Vienna, Austria
Visa Office......
Med's Request
20 - 10 - 2017
Med's Done....
21-11- 2017
Interview........
13 -03 - 2018
And i got this in the end of the email as well so are we doing this right? Isn't the wait is over or what?
:
Planning ahead

If your application for permanent residence is approved, you will be encouraged to use free pre-arrival services funded by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC). Several online and in-person services will be available to you, your spouse and your dependents once your application is approved. These services can help you find out more about living and working in Canada. They can also help you take steps to get your education, work experience, and professional licences/certificates recognized in Canada, and access other free settlement services once you have arrived in Canada.

To learn more about these free pre-arrival services that you will be able to access before you leave, please visit the IRCC website (canada.ca/pre-arrival-services). Please note that in order to access these services, you must demonstrate to the service provider that you have been successful in your permanent resident application. Therefore, you should wait until you receive a positive eligibility decision or a Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) prior to requesting these services.

As you may know, Canada is a bilingual country where both French and English are spoken. If you are interested in living in French, you can get information about Francophone life across Canada by visiting Canada.ca/francoimmigration.