File Transfer...
06-10-2017
Med's Request
29-09-2017
Med's Done....
10-10-2017
Passport Req..
01-06-2018
Uff guys, I hope Vienna’s not slowing down again :( I remember reading somewhere VOs try to work through as many apps as possible before the summer influx of short-term visas. Really hope they haven’t been hit with those yet.

We’re hoping we hear something soon as we’re past the 7th month now and 5 since Vienna received and started processing. Usually after about 5.5 months at Vienna people seemed to see movement...
It’s been 9 months for me. The most movement happened after 7 months

rjhicks

Star Member
Sep 5, 2017
All completed and landed for me. I'm officially here as a permanent resident.

A word of warning for anyone looking to land in the Niagara region (i.e. crossing Peace/Rainbow/Queenston-Lewiston Bridge) - you won't get your PR stamped Friday - Monday. The days are restricted to between 8am and 8pm Tuesday to Thursday. We originally tried this last Saturday, but had to wait until Tuesday to do all the final requirements. On the upside, all the staff we met in Service Canada/Service Ontario were very friendly and helpful!

Best of luck to all those still waiting for good news, hang in there, it's worth it when it comes!

nickP85

Jul 18, 2017
Hello all
My background just changed to in process and i received a 6 page email. Just wondering if anyone has received the same email.

"Your application for permanent residence in Canada has reached the final stage of processing. Before it can be finalized, you must follow the instructions below within 30 days of the date of this letter. Please include a copy of the first page of this letter with your submission"

it stated the following:
1. Change in your Family Composition
2. Validity of a Confirmation of Permanent Residence form (IMM-5688)
3. Final Steps Before Printing your Immigration Document
4. Send the necessary documents
5. The Return of your Confirmation of Permanent Residence form (IMM-5688)
6. Planning ahead

just wondering if this is a standard email everyone receives when their background goes from in progress to in process

evdm

Jun 16, 2017
This is your PPR. Congratulations you are nearly done!

Follow the instructions in the letter and you'll get your CoPR letter back soon.

Have you checked ECAS? It should say Deceision Made, or it will say it very soon.

nickP85

Jul 18, 2017
This is your PPR. Congratulations you are nearly done!

Follow the instructions in the letter and you'll get your CoPR letter back soon.

Have you checked ECAS? It should say Deceision Made, or it will say it very soon.
Thank you,
It doesnt say DM yet but it just says BG in process.
The instructions are very confusing on the letter. its 6 pages or readings to do which is all over the place... difficult to comprehend

evdm

Jun 16, 2017
Thank you,
It doesnt say DM yet but it just says BG in process.
The instructions are very confusing on the letter. its 6 pages or readings to do which is all over the place... difficult to comprehend
Are you sure you're looking at ECAS? https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do

ECAS (I believe) doesn't give any information about the background check. That is usually only found in GCKey/MyCIC and requires you to create a login. ECAS can be accessed with more basic information.

Either way, it will take a while for all systems to be updated, though GCKey won't say that the application was approved until a CoPR is issued.

Good luck with the instructions, basically what you need to do is determine whether you need a visa to enter Canada or if you just need to get an eTA.
- if you need a visa, send your passport
- if you only need an eTA, send a photocopy of your passport

The letter will list the other things that the visa office is asking for. This could include
- two new photos according to specifications
- the receipt for the RPRF
- a cover letter confirming the address you want the CoPR sent to

You may also be requested to submit these things at a Visa Application Centre (VAC).

I'm sure if you have specific questions as to the requirements people here can help.

nickP85

Jul 18, 2017
Are you sure you're looking at ECAS? https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do

ECAS (I believe) doesn't give any information about the background check. That is usually only found in GCKey/MyCIC and requires you to create a login. ECAS can be accessed with more basic information.

Either way, it will take a while for all systems to be updated, though GCKey won't say that the application was approved until a CoPR is issued.

Good luck with the instructions, basically what you need to do is determine whether you need a visa to enter Canada or if you just need to get an eTA.
- if you need a visa, send your passport
- if you only need an eTA, send a photocopy of your passport

The letter will list the other things that the visa office is asking for. This could include
- two new photos according to specifications
- the receipt for the RPRF
- a cover letter confirming the address you want the CoPR sent to

You may also be requested to submit these things at a Visa Application Centre (VAC).

I'm sure if you have specific questions as to the requirements people here can help.
Thank you very much, i think you explained it thoroughly and i appreciate it.. thx again

MayaA

May 19, 2018
Hey guys, very new to this.. just wondering .. my husbands application has left Mississauga and gone to Vienna now.. do you guys know approximately how long the process is after that. Thanks :)

John013

Jun 17, 2017
The Netherlands
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
29-05-2017
AOR Received.
27-06-2017
File Transfer...
03-07-2017
Med's Request
02-11-2017
Med's Done....
06-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
31-08-2018
LANDED..........
06-10-2018
Hey guys, very new to this.. just wondering .. my husbands application has left Mississauga and gone to Vienna now.. do you guys know approximately how long the process is after that. Thanks :)
A lot of people get their PR within the 12 months average processing time, i would say most even, so if you are part of that lucky majority youre looking at around 9 months average or so, from start to finish at this VO.

Reactions: MayaA

MayaA

May 19, 2018
A lot of people get their PR within the 12 months average processing time, i would say most even, so if you are part of that lucky majority youre looking at around 9 months average or so, from start to finish at this VO.
Thank you so much :) I hope it happens soon

Barav

Star Member
Mar 7, 2018
Curious if anyone has previous experience...
Does vienna tend to slow down during the summer? Can they put applications on hold until afterwards in the fall to start up again?

John013

Jun 17, 2017
The Netherlands
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
29-05-2017
AOR Received.
27-06-2017
File Transfer...
03-07-2017
Med's Request
02-11-2017
Med's Done....
06-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
31-08-2018
LANDED..........
06-10-2018
Curious if anyone has previous experience...
Does vienna tend to slow down during the summer? Can they put applications on hold until afterwards in the fall to start up again?
Why would they slow down during the summer?

Reactions: Barav

John013

Jun 17, 2017
The Netherlands
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
29-05-2017
AOR Received.
27-06-2017
File Transfer...
03-07-2017
Med's Request
02-11-2017
Med's Done....
06-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
31-08-2018
LANDED..........
06-10-2018
I heard that it happens so im just wondering if thats actually true lol!
Based on your response im guessing i heard wrong!!?
Im sure they process applications throughout the year, though its possible they might see an increased workload during the summer months due to other visa applications (study/visitor/eta visas?).

Last edited:
Reactions: Barav

canmania

May 22, 2018
Hi guys
My case is unique, hopefully people with knowledge specially Vienna related can help

EE Pnp outland

Aor Dec 2016
Mar 2017 eligibility passed and i was put on security screening
Sep 2017 security interview done And medical expired
April 2018 ghost update
April 2018 i was called for RPRF and remedical
Remedicals are only requested when security is passed
Plz note that criminality and eligibility was already passed

Medical passed on 30 april and RPRF paid same day

Mycic showed twice update on may 1 and may 9

Still waiting for PPR

Do you guys have any idea? VO not responding to emails