File Transfer...
06-10-2017
Med's Request
29-09-2017
Med's Done....
10-10-2017
Passport Req..
01-06-2018
I can imagine that the VO would not hold up all applications if one gets stuck at a certain stage, just to process them in order. For example, if someone's background check with police and intelligence agencies is going to take longer because of a more complex history, I don't believe the VO would suspend processing other cases while they wait for results to come in.

Or what if the VO requests more information from one person and gives them 30 days to supply it? I doubt that they will stop processing all other cases while they wait up to 30 days to get that information for the one case that came in first.

I'm sure that when it comes to starting to process applications once they are received from Mississauga it is done in order in which they are received. But, as every application is different it will take some longer than others to process and some who arrived later will be processed sooner. It seems to me to be the most efficient way of doing things.
Yes I agree 100% with your statement, It would be completely unfair of them to hold up a line of applications because of one applicatiom. However I don’t believe that they even start the applications in the order they were received. If they had started the first step (which is the background check) and it was stuck there,
I would be fine with that. However, there has been nothing done since it reached the VO. They have not requested for more information, they did not start a background check, they did not even acknowledge that they received the application, the last update was from mississauga when they informed me that they forwarded my applicatiom there. THAT is my concern.

Reactions: John013

evdm

Jun 16, 2017
[...]However, there has been nothing done since it reached the VO. They have not requested for more information, they did not start a background check, they did not even acknowledge that they received the application, the last update was from mississauga when they informed me that they forwarded my applicatiom there. THAT is my concern.
Sorry if you've mentioned it before, but have you requested GCMS notes? There may very well be movement that isn't communicated directly to you. Do you know if you're in the Background Check stage yet?

Hopefully there will be some movement for your case soon. It does seem that Vienna likes to take their time which does not bode well for me either (I just submitted this month, but will probably be sent to Vienna). As frustrating as it may be, we will have to let the process play out. Please let us know if anything comes from your complaint.

Sziszike

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
08-07-2016
Doc's Request.
29-09-2016 , 05-04-2017
AOR Received.
08-08-2016
File Transfer...
22-08-2016
Med's Request
21-10-2016
Med's Done....
07-11-2016
Interview........
18-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
16-02-2018
Hi,
It's an update from me.
VO just asked me to send in an up-dated police certificate.
It is interesting to me why are they need a new one, but I do understand that they asked for it.(since our application is from 2016)
It is frustrating to wait this long.
We are over our time frame (VO's time supposed to be 14 months. And then there was that other thing that they supposed to finish all application by end of December.)
What can I do at this point you just wait and hope for the best.

Reactions: John013

evdm

Jun 16, 2017
Hi,
It's an update from me.
It is interesting to me why are they need a new one, but I do understand that they asked for it.(since our application is from 2016)
We are over our time frame (VO's time supposed to be 14 months. And then there was that other thing that they supposed to finish all application by end of December.)
As you're over the time that it was said that your case would be processed by, you could get your (sponsor's) Member of Parliament to look into things for you. But seeing as though they are asking you for updated information I'd say your case is moving along, albeit slowly.

Last edited:

mizzcheviouz

Apr 19, 2017
App. Filed.......
27-04-2017
AOR Received.
30-05-2017
Med's Request
05-06-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
Yes I agree 100% with your statement, It would be completely unfair of them to hold up a line of applications because of one applicatiom. However I don’t believe that they even start the applications in the order they were received. If they had started the first step (which is the background check) and it was stuck there,
I would be fine with that. However, there has been nothing done since it reached the VO. They have not requested for more information, they did not start a background check, they did not even acknowledge that they received the application, the last update was from mississauga when they informed me that they forwarded my applicatiom there. THAT is my concern.
That is my concern too. The application was transferred with everything completed on our end (Medical and police certificate) to Vienna on July 4th. We did not receive any communication from Vienna. I got my GCMS notes in October and nothing has started, no eligibility, no criminality, no background check. So it’s frustrating and unfair when other people who applied after have their application processed when the notes or the status online states the same thing since it began at Vienna, “in progress”

Reactions: RinaMuhaxhiri

RinaMuhaxhiri

Star Member
Dec 11, 2017
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
15-08-2017
Doc's Request.
20-09-2017 (Background A)
AOR Received.
20-09-2017
File Transfer...
06-10-2017
Med's Request
29-09-2017
Med's Done....
10-10-2017
Passport Req..
01-06-2018
Sorry if you've mentioned it before, but have you requested GCMS notes? There may very well be movement that isn't communicated directly to you. Do you know if you're in the Background Check stage yet?

Hopefully there will be some movement for your case soon. It does seem that Vienna likes to take their time which does not bode well for me either (I just submitted this month, but will probably be sent to Vienna). As frustrating as it may be, we will have to let the process play out. Please let us know if anything comes from your complaint.
No I have actually never heard of this! How can I request for those notes?

Apparently the Background check has not started yet. Many applicants stated that the background check field will change from in progress to in process, and mine has not changed yet. Thank you for responding so quickly!

Lebron-J

Jun 16, 2016
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
19-07-2016
AOR Received.
10-08-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
13-03-2018
LANDED..........
29-03-2018
Hi,
It's an update from me.
They are delaying the process so much.. they could also ask for that when they requested you pictures nov/ Dec 2017 o_Oo_Oo_O

balkan17

Sep 5, 2017
I was thinking about notes,but the waitress on January 23 will be full for three months in Vienna
My husband and I are 15 years old and together we have 13 years of marriage, we have shared children who are Canadian citizens, we sent a bunch of our shared photos, addresses of dwellings, bank accounts of common property ....
I can not explain when they say in the office they have the advantage of the family, when I do not know??

balkan17

Sep 5, 2017
I did not go to the army, I do not have state services. We did our own business, when I last asked what my application said

Please be informed that your application is under review in our office.
Processing times are subject to change and are updated quarterly.
They just do not care about us all.At such a pace as they have stuck their headaches, then let our God help us!!

Lebron-J

Jun 16, 2016
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
19-07-2016
AOR Received.
10-08-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
13-03-2018
LANDED..........
29-03-2018
I was thinking about notes,but the waitress on January 23 will be full for three months in Vienna
My husband and I are 15 years old and together we have 13 years of marriage, we have shared children who are Canadian citizens, we sent a bunch of our shared photos, addresses of dwellings, bank accounts of common property ....
I can not explain when they say in the office they have the advantage of the family, when I do not know??
I think you should have some patience since it has been only 3 months in Vienna. The average time I think is between 9 and 14 months.

Reactions: balkan17

RinaMuhaxhiri

Star Member
Dec 11, 2017
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
15-08-2017
Doc's Request.
20-09-2017 (Background A)
AOR Received.
20-09-2017
File Transfer...
06-10-2017
Med's Request
29-09-2017
Med's Done....
10-10-2017
Passport Req..
01-06-2018

balkan17

Sep 5, 2017
I think you should have some patience since it has been only 3 months in Vienna. The average time I think is between 9 and 14 months.
Yes!to understand or sometimes it is difficult to be separated, the days pass by month, and the month is long.

evdm

Jun 16, 2017
My husband is the primary applicant however I am his representative l hope that it is sufficient
Requesting the notes is a completely separate process so if you are the person applying then you'll need to get the PA's consent and send it in with the request. Notes will not be released to you without this.

Sziszike

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
08-07-2016
Doc's Request.
29-09-2016 , 05-04-2017
AOR Received.
08-08-2016
File Transfer...
22-08-2016
Med's Request
21-10-2016
Med's Done....
07-11-2016
Interview........
18-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
16-02-2018
They are delaying the process so much.. they could also ask for that when they requested you pictures nov/ Dec 2017 o_Oo_Oo_O
I know it looks like they deliberately delaying my application. In October I received the ARC, in November new medical, in December new pictures and now new police certificate. I don't know what is going on! They could have asked everything at the same time. I think they just pulling to time for some reason. It is killing me. But the thing I don't understand is they only supposed to approve the Arc application if the sponsorship was already accepted. So I have more questions now than ever and I don't understand that of things but I don't think it's just pulling time.