+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

VIENNA OFFICE

Kosovo94

May 28, 2015
Two hearts one soul said:
I been waiting 17 months now from Vienna. Would like to know how we keep getting bumped and everyone passing by us. we are not married but proved conjugal to the letter. Sick and tired of the long wait. Today my boyfriends passport expires because of this wait time. Glad you didn't have to wait or feel like you had no hope congrats.
I to have been waiting for 10 months now. It's so stressful

Apr 23, 2014
We applied in July 2014. We hired a consultant. my man is a refugee in Europe so I am betting this is part of the delay. We did everything and sent papers all together no missing papers. They requested further proof of the relationship just over a year later showing we are basically currently still together and requested hearing docs for his asylum case which never happened due to the crisis with Syrians. Nothing missing. 4 months ago they send us a email referring us to an interview in September but he couldn't go because it was out of the country he resides. They wrote back after we declined and stated they will contact us to bring someone to where he resides. It hasn't happened. Nobody contacted us so we wrote them about a month ago. They replied with a letter. Basically saying 16 months is just an estimate it could take longer. so its just a chart so don't go by that. The letter was professionally done by our consultant. Now as you can see its 17 months well over that now. We figure we been bumped due to the crisis. But now that i see people having there's done in 6 months i am disappointed. We are not as lucky as most to get married and apply under that status. He can be arrested for family reunification where he resides and have a criminal record under that governments law. just applying for a license would get him arrested and possibly deported which we provided proof to cic, so thats the reason we applied under conjugal. His status is renewed on time where he lives so he is legal there. We been together 3 years. the relationship is stronger than most marriages.We could use some advice. My consultant gave up practice since. I want to write to my mp but people say it does no justice. The hardest part is supporting him because looking for work 6 days a week is non-resulting as they see him as an immigrant and won't hire him. It is draining say the least cause I pay for everything. The new rule of in bound visa's is great however being outbound and in this type of situation I carry a lot of the family stress to keep us going financially. He tries really hard but they use him for 2 weeks in a job with no pay and try to hire him to work for them for free or transit only to get there and back home. He carry's a lot of his family issues back home too on top of the requirements in that country. there just is no compassion in our situation. my title should be 2 governments trying to keep us apart. I could use some advice anyway I am so overwhelmed as his passport expired today and now we don't know what to do. This is why we wrote cic a month ago. see if they have compassion about the passport but it was non-resultant.

Gemini020

Oct 11, 2015
Hi Marli, congrats on the wedding and welcome to the group of Dutchies, I haven't found many still. My fiance and I are about to send in our application so I might not be the best person to get advise from but you're welcome to message me with any question you do have. (I think PM is possible after a certain number of posts)
If I understand correctly your question is whether to apply inland or outland. In my opinion outland is the best. As you said you can travel whenever/wherever you want, you can even vist Canada for a long time while waiting for the approval. The only thing you can't do is work. However maybe you can get a working holiday visa, that's what I plan to do.

marli said:
Congratulations Maarten! I'm a fellow Dutchie and new to this forum... was wondering if you or other Dutchies could help me with some of your ideas/insights as your Dutch case was processed pretty fast! I am currently living and working in the Netherlands, while I have a long-distance relationship with mr. S. since June 2014. We travelled back-n-forth ever since between NLs, Canada and holiday destinations.. and we just got married last week in Canada, wohoo superexciting. Now i'm back home in Netherlands and doubting where/when/how to apply for my permanent residence visa via spousal sponsorship application. We both seem to have good records for a smooth case: no police records, both good jobs, degrees, i've lived in Canada before (completed an MA-degree at a Canadian University in 2009) etc. So.. yeah.. inland... outland... I got a good job going in the Netherlands. Inland would mean i'd give up my job, leave Netherlands in April 2016, and start my application in Canada in May 2016 or so. But in your case... Vienna seems so much faster, and the idea of being able to travel in/out Canada puts me more at ease than the feeling of being 'stuck' not knowing when I can go somewhere. Plus I can start as soon as my husband and myself have received our marriage certificate... right? Would be great if I could brainstorm a bit with you, or other fellow-Dutchies on this case! Not sure how to get in touch with you on this forum though? is a pm. possible? Thanks a lot. And enjoy the good news!

Francodel

Dec 21, 2015
A petition to the government on spousal immigration processing times has been started , Please share this across all social media networks and take a second to sign this as well.

This can be found at Change.org "Canada spousal immigration processing times"

change.org/p/john-mccallum-justin-trudeau-canada-spousal-immigration-processing-times

anxious2015

Star Member
Apr 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2015
AOR Received.
21-04-2015
File Transfer...
08-05-2015
Med's Done....
10-03-2015
Passport Req..
07-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-12-2015
LANDED..........
February 2016
It's official. My husband has his visa!! We traveled to Vienna to get it. If anyone wants to get it in person (for those coming from countries requiring a visa to travel), just come to the embassy between monday and Thursday at 8:30 (we showed up an hour early just in case) and it will most likely be done same day. The people that work there are really friendly.

I am so happy all of this waiting and not knowing is over. Happy new year to all! My new year's wish is for all of you to be reunited with your loved ones as soon as possible!

Cansk

Star Member
Sep 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-07-2015
AOR Received.
AOR1 11-08-2015 / AOR2 17-09-2015
File Transfer...
SA approval/transfer 9-09-2015 processing 17-09-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront-MR recieved Oct 14,2015
Interview........
Feb 23 2016
Passport Req..
Visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
DECISION MADE March 18 2016
LANDED..........
March 29 2016
anxious2015 said:
It's official. My husband has his visa!! We traveled to Vienna to get it. If anyone wants to get it in person (for those coming from countries requiring a visa to travel), just come to the embassy between monday and Thursday at 8:30 (we showed up an hour early just in case) and it will most likely be done same day. The people that work there are really friendly.

I am so happy all of this waiting and not knowing is over. Happy new year to all! My new year's wish is for all of you to be reunited with your loved ones as soon as possible!
Congratulations!
What a relief and great way to start the new year.
all the best to you both.

LLAngel

Star Member
Feb 11, 2015
Waterloo, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-2015
Doc's Request.
15-09-2015
AOR Received.
20-05-2015
File Transfer...
07-06-2015 (SA) 03-09-2015 (status changed to In Process since 07-21) DM -Nov 26th..received DOCs ready for pick up email
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
20-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Submitted with Additional Docs Requested on Oct. 22nd
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 24th and received passport Dec 2nd.
LANDED..........
Landed Dec 6th!!! Wohooo..finally all done!
anxious2015 said:

Yayyyy! Congrats Anxious2015! Finally you get to start the year on the right foot! New year, new life!

I wish you the best!

Twins4life

Nov 11, 2015
anxious2015 said:

What a way to start the new year!
Congratulations to you both.
so.... no more 'Anxious2015' ?:)
Enjoy your new life <3

ElaBella

Sep 5, 2015
Kelowna, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-09-2015
AOR Received.
17-11-2015 (AOR1) /// 30-11-2015 (SA) /// 14-12-2015 (AOR2)
File Transfer...
09-12-2015
Med's Done....
15-08-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
18-01-2016
LANDED..........
08-03-2016
Well, today my husband got the request for his passport! We are both absolutely floored!! It literally took 3.5 months since the application was received in Mississauga. I can't even describe how speechless I am!

Anyhow, meanwhile, both his and my status on ECAS show "In Progress", but I'm not too worried about that.

Just to confirm with everyone, request for the passport pretty much means he will be getting the PR, right? Anyone ever heard of refusals after this point in the process for any reason? Or interview requests after the passport request?

Hope everyone's year is off to a good start, and hope we will all be living it up with our spouses soon! :D

Dina324

Star Member
Oct 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-08-2015
Doc's Request.
22-12-2015
AOR Received.
12-09-2015
File Transfer...
09-10-2015
Med's Done....
22-06-2015
Passport Req..
29-01-2016
LANDED..........
22-02-2016
ElaBella said:
Well, today my husband got the request for his passport! We are both absolutely floored!! It literally took 3.5 months since the application was received in Mississauga. I can't even describe how speechless I am!

Anyhow, meanwhile, both his and my status on ECAS show "In Progress", but I'm not too worried about that.

Just to confirm with everyone, request for the passport pretty much means he will be getting the PR, right? Anyone ever heard of refusals after this point in the process for any reason? Or interview requests after the passport request?

Hope everyone's year is off to a good start, and hope we will all be living it up with our spouses soon! :D
Congratulations! We just had to send in one more police report, i believe were next :) fingers crossed. I wish you all the best!

ElaBella

Sep 5, 2015
Kelowna, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-09-2015
AOR Received.
17-11-2015 (AOR1) /// 30-11-2015 (SA) /// 14-12-2015 (AOR2)
File Transfer...
09-12-2015
Med's Done....
15-08-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
18-01-2016
LANDED..........
08-03-2016
Dina324 said:
Congratulations! We just had to send in one more police report, i believe were next :) fingers crossed. I wish you all the best!
Thanks Dina324! I'll keep my fingers crossed and knock on wood for you guys! :)

thetimewriter

Sep 21, 2014
Hi everyone! I am currently in Canada on a visitor visa and yesterday I received an email from the Vienna office requesting my passport. One of the options in the email was to send my passport to the CPC-Ottawa (if I am "currently in Canada and plan to be in Canada for at least three months"). This seems like a safer option, rather than staying in Canada while my passport is traveling the world. I was wondering if anyone here has selected this option of sending their passport to Ottawa and if they could share that experience with me.
Thanks in advance.

Dina324

Star Member
Oct 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-08-2015
Doc's Request.
22-12-2015
AOR Received.
12-09-2015
File Transfer...
09-10-2015
Med's Done....
22-06-2015
Passport Req..
29-01-2016
LANDED..........
22-02-2016
ElaBella said:
Thank you! :)

Twins4life

Nov 11, 2015
ElaBella said:
Congratulations Dina and ElaBella!
This is amazing news! Vienna is alive - good to hear.
We submitted a week after Dina and this gives us hope that we are near.

Did you receive a paper notification by post mail/email or both?

Thank you!

Dina324

Star Member
Oct 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-08-2015
Doc's Request.
22-12-2015
AOR Received.
12-09-2015
File Transfer...
09-10-2015
Med's Done....
22-06-2015
Passport Req..
29-01-2016
LANDED..........
22-02-2016
Twins4life said:
Congratulations Dina and ElaBella!
This is amazing news! Vienna is alive - good to hear.
We submitted a week after Dina and this gives us hope that we are near.

Did you receive a paper notification by post mail/email or both?

Thank you!

Im still waiting on ours, but we got email correspondence On december 22 that we were missing a stamp from the court.. oops.. so we sent it again on the december 23. But i believe our case worker id answering our messages about if they have recieved them :) just waiting for them to receive the papers, and we should be ready to go :)