Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-09-2015
AOR Received.
17-11-2015 (AOR1) /// 30-11-2015 (SA) /// 14-12-2015 (AOR2)
File Transfer...
09-12-2015
Med's Done....
15-08-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
18-01-2016
LANDED..........
08-03-2016
Twins4life said:
Congratulations Dina and ElaBella!
This is amazing news! Vienna is alive - good to hear.
We submitted a week after Dina and this gives us hope that we are near.

Did you receive a paper notification by post mail/email or both?

Thank you!
We got all correspondence by email, I don't think we'll be getting even one paper notification of anything. But we prefer email anyhow, it's faster ;D

Cansk

Star Member
Sep 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-07-2015
AOR Received.
AOR1 11-08-2015 / AOR2 17-09-2015
File Transfer...
SA approval/transfer 9-09-2015 processing 17-09-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront-MR recieved Oct 14,2015
Interview........
Feb 23 2016
Passport Req..
Visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
DECISION MADE March 18 2016
LANDED..........
March 29 2016
My husband recieved an interview date.
I recently submitted a change of phone # and request to fix an address error on his ecas. I explained that a similar entry error resulted in him missing important Cic mail while in Canada...(it actually resulted in arrest & detention as he did not appear when requested due to not getting the notice.)
Seeing a correct address is critical after that experience.
I wonder if this prompted the interview?

The list of items he is to bring:

[ X ] Your passport.

[ X ] Proof of ongoing communication and contact with your sponsor.

[ X ] Proof that you and your sponsor visited each other.

[ X ] Any photos demonstrating the existence of a conjugal relationship.

[ X ] Any evidence of financial interdependence.

[ X ] Evidence of cohabitation with your sponsor as leases, joint property ownership, etc.

Notes were blank last month so hoping next weeks notes scheduled to arrive will show something more.
We only lived together for 4 months in my home but had been dating for months prior. We were married during this time of cohabitation. He was removed under exclusion order 3 weeks later. I'm not sure how to show that cohabitation as requested.
I have a court order from when I bonded his release from detention that stated he must live with me. They felt even though it was proved that the notice to appear was not addressed properly he may not appear next time. Hence the bond.
I'm thinking of asking my parents and neighbour to do a statutory declaration to confirm we did in fact cohabitate.
With his exclusion he has not been able to visit so my visits are all we have.
I sent additional proof of visiting after my summer with him...but Im not sure it was connected to the file.
They also shredded what was called excess photos and chat logs so we will again provide.
At least there is progress. And sooner than we expected given our circumstances.
I already had a ticket lined up to visit for our Anniversary the day before the interview date so things have worked well. I will be able to be there to help him prep and be supportive before he does the interview.
Fingers crossed all will be ok.

ElaBella

Sep 5, 2015
Kelowna, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-09-2015
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09-12-2015
Med's Done....
15-08-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
18-01-2016
LANDED..........
08-03-2016
Cansk said:
My husband recieved an interview date.
I recently submitted a change of phone # and request to fix an address error on his ecas. I explained that a similar entry error resulted in him missing important Cic mail while in Canada...(it actually resulted in arrest & detention as he did not appear when requested due to not getting the notice.)
Seeing a correct address is critical after that experience.
I wonder if this prompted the interview?

The list of items he is to bring:

[ X ] Your passport.

[ X ] Proof of ongoing communication and contact with your sponsor.

[ X ] Proof that you and your sponsor visited each other.

[ X ] Any photos demonstrating the existence of a conjugal relationship.

[ X ] Any evidence of financial interdependence.

[ X ] Evidence of cohabitation with your sponsor as leases, joint property ownership, etc.

Notes were blank last month so hoping next weeks notes scheduled to arrive will show something more.
We only lived together for 4 months in my home but had been dating for months prior. We were married during this time of cohabitation. He was removed under exclusion order 3 weeks later. I'm not sure how to show that cohabitation as requested.
I have a court order from when I bonded his release from detention that stated he must live with me. They felt even though it was proved that the notice to appear was not addressed properly he may not appear next time. Hence the bond.
I'm thinking of asking my parents and neighbour to do a statutory declaration to confirm we did in fact cohabitate.
With his exclusion he has not been able to visit so my visits are all we have.
I sent additional proof of visiting after my summer with him...but Im not sure it was connected to the file.
They also shredded what was called excess photos and chat logs so we will again provide.
At least there is progress. And sooner than we expected given our circumstances.
I already had a ticket lined up to visit for our Anniversary the day before the interview date so things have worked well. I will be able to be there to help him prep and be supportive before he does the interview.
Fingers crossed all will be ok.
Hey Cansk! Happy to hear you got the interview, at least it's a sign that things are moving forward and you haven't been refused :)

In regards to your cohabitation proof, I just wanted to try and contribute because I was in a similar situation. I went to my husband's country and we lived in my grandma's empty apartment (so there was no documentation that we lived together for 4 months). Instead, I made sure to include photos of us (and him lounging around) in our apartment. I also made sure to reference multiple instances of our apartment lifestyle in the Spouse Questionnaire. Anyhow, make sure to scroll through your cell phone, maybe you took some sneaky photos of your hubby somewhere in your place? I also highly recommend the Statutory Declaration by parents and neighbours (maybe even the landlord if you rent). Also, they may accept bank records if he spent money from his account for household items? Just trying to think outside of the box here...

Anyhow, best of luck at the interview, I'm sure you'll get all the good karma you've built up on this website back, and he'll be able to come to Canada in no time! ;D

Cansk

Star Member
Sep 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-07-2015
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Feb 23 2016
Passport Req..
Visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
March 29 2016
Thanks ElaBella,
I sent many photos even of us in bed snuggled with the dog. Him shovelling the driveway, cooking (he loves to cook) hosting my family for New Years dinner. Friends for dinner on weekends. I'm guessing these were shredded in Mississauga as notes said.
For financial interdependence We are stuck because he went into despair depleting savings while waiting for response to in Canada app which got delayed and he could not get approval for WP so I became sole breadwinner. Our shared bank account was also included but it did not seem to jive.
I'm wondering if his financial situation will be a problem. He is self sustaining now but we don't have proof of him contributing, so this maybe looks bad. I know he is a hard working man who had a very successful business before we met but currently he is in limbo.

ElaBella

Sep 5, 2015
Kelowna, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-09-2015
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09-12-2015
Med's Done....
15-08-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
18-01-2016
LANDED..........
08-03-2016
Cansk said:
Thanks ElaBella,
I sent many photos even of us in bed snuggled with the dog. Him shovelling the driveway, cooking (he loves to cook) hosting my family for New Years dinner. Friends for dinner on weekends. I'm guessing these were shredded in Mississauga as notes said.
For financial interdependence We are stuck because he went into despair depleting savings while waiting for response to in Canada app which got delayed and he could not get approval for WP so I became sole breadwinner. Our shared bank account was also included but it did not seem to jive.
I'm wondering if his financial situation will be a problem. He is self sustaining now but we don't have proof of him contributing, so this maybe looks bad. I know he is a hard working man who had a very successful business before we met but currently he is in limbo.
Ah, right, then definitely re-print those photos! And don't worry about him not contributing to the account -- we also provided proof of me contributing to our account, but no proof of either of us using the account (though we both did use the account). It really sounds like this interview is just a formality, or the due process because of his detainment, but it still seems to me that you guys have nothing to worry about, especially if you both show up to the interview (and even if they only interview him). Keep your chin up :)

Cansk

Star Member
Sep 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-07-2015
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Feb 23 2016
Passport Req..
Visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
March 29 2016
Do they actually interview a sponsor if they come along?
I've not heard of this.
Thanks for the feedback and reassurance.
Much appreciated.
And all the best to you :)

Twins4life

Nov 11, 2015
Cansk said:
I've not heard of this.
Much appreciated.
All the best Cansk!
You are very close. You will do well. I do agree that because of the nature of the case they want to have reassurance in person that everything is in order. Best wishes!

ElaBella

Sep 5, 2015
Kelowna, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-09-2015
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09-12-2015
Med's Done....
15-08-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
18-01-2016
LANDED..........
08-03-2016
Cansk said:
I've not heard of this.
Much appreciated.
I haven't heard of them interviewing the sponsor if they come along (only if they're also scheduled for an interview), but even if the sponsor is sitting in the waiting area, it still looks super good :) Thank you for the well wishes, and likewise :)

akrstic4

May 31, 2014
Hi guys!

I have submitted my common-law application on the 24th of July. My file was then transferred from Mississauga to Vienna on the 22nd of September. I have not received any feedback since then, besides the update in my CIC account that my partner's medicals have been received.

Does anyone share a similar time-line? I am starting to feel anxious because from what I have been reading so far on this forum there are people who are getting their passport requests and who have submitted their application after me. My partner comes from a visa-exempt country.

I have ordered GMCS notes 30 days ago but I still have not received them by e-mail.

Thank you for your inputs. Wish everyone all the best!

Cansk

Star Member
Sep 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-07-2015
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Feb 23 2016
Passport Req..
Visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
March 29 2016
We have similar timeline and just got an interview. Feb 23rd.
GCMS usually arrive on day 31 but after that you can email a request for status.
I did this and they arrived the next day.

akrstic4

May 31, 2014
This is good to know. Thank you!

I'm assuming I won't get any notification from CIC in case if she doesn't get called in for an interview?

Are they even bothering to update statuses in our accounts? I have been checking that thing daily lol.

I hope you guys have an easy interview and everything goes smoothly for you.

Cansk

Star Member
Sep 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-07-2015
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Feb 23 2016
Passport Req..
Visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
March 29 2016
Twins4life said:
All the best Cansk!
You are very close. You will do well. I do agree that because of the nature of the case they want to have reassurance in person that everything is in order. Best wishes!
Thank you

Cansk

Star Member
Sep 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-07-2015
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Feb 23 2016
Passport Req..
Visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
March 29 2016
akrstic4 said:

I'm assuming I won't get any notification from CIC in case if she doesn't get called in for an interview?

Are they even bothering to update statuses in our accounts? I have been checking that thing daily lol.

Thank you

Cansk

Star Member
Sep 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-07-2015
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Feb 23 2016
Passport Req..
Visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
March 29 2016
akrstic4 said:

I bet you'll hear something this month.
Seems Vienna is moving well.

akrstic4

May 31, 2014
Cansk said:
I bet you'll hear something this month.
Seems Vienna is moving well.
Hopefully! I hope Vienna continues processing at this pace...meanwhile I will continue with the daily check up of my CIC account. Once again wish you guys all the best, and thank you for your input!