zedtoronto

Star Member
Sep 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My partner wants to take a Bus from Budapest, how does he get from Bus Terminal to Embassy in Vienna for his interview April 23rd.? Anyone have a link to map or better still directions.

verna

Star Member
Dec 1, 2014
bosnia
Category........
Visa Office......
vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-03-2014
Doc's Request.
30-05-2014
AOR Received.
01-05-2014
File Transfer...
02-05-2014
Med's Done....
05-01- 2014 re do 26/02/2015
Interview........
17-02-2015
Passport Req..
april-14-2015
VISA ISSUED...
april-20-2015
LANDED..........
may-09-2015
zedtoronto said:
My partner wants to take a Bus from Budapest, how does he get from Bus Terminal to Embassy in Vienna for his interview April 23rd.? Anyone have a link to map or better still directions.
hello
i had intreview on feb 17, there is subway station just 100 m from embassy , embassy of canada is off in one small street, there is canadian falg post office if you not familiar with vienna and dont speak german better take taxi l good luck, give tham stright answer, bring a lot of proof , i did same and the did not even take a look.
good luck

mimianda

Mar 11, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well thanks on your replys,ok last year my husband engage a representer to do my application so everything went through her,few days ago I ask her to send me a UCI and a file number,so she send to me a letter where CIC approve my husband as my sponsor,so I try to check my application status online in both ways with UCI and my husbands details and with file number with my details but in both cases I have the same message as I writte before.
So probably I have this message from Vienna Office because from CIC my file was transfered in august 2014.
Anyway I think that I have to wait little bit longer.
God knows till when :mad: :mad:

spaceexp

Oct 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna-->Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
received by CIC 12-03-2014
AOR Received.
10-04-2014
File Transfer...
01-05-2014
Med's Done....
03-02-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-11-2014 (IP 18-11-2014, mailed 03-12-2014)
VISA ISSUED...
30-12-2014 , then again 13-02-2015 (DM 03-01-2015, PP&CoPR received 06-01-2015, returned to Ottawa because of a mistake, received again on 16-02-2015)
LANDED..........
16-02-2015
mimianda said:
Well thanks on your replys,ok last year my husband engage a representer to do my application so everything went through her,few days ago I ask her to send me a UCI and a file number,so she send to me a letter where CIC approve my husband as my sponsor,so I try to check my application status online in both ways with UCI and my husbands details and with file number with my details but in both cases I have the same message as I writte before.
So probably I have this message from Vienna Office because from CIC my file was transfered in august 2014.
Anyway I think that I have to wait little bit longer.
God knows till when :mad: :mad:
In that case have your husband call CIC and check why is your file not in the system, because by now it definitely should be...

zedtoronto

Star Member
Sep 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
verna said:
hello
i had intreview on feb 17, there is subway station just 100 m from embassy , embassy of canada is off in one small street, there is canadian falg post office if you not familiar with vienna and dont speak german better take taxi l good luck, give tham stright answer, bring a lot of proof , i did same and the did not even take a look.
good luck

Thanks for your help we did find a street map, although not very accurate. The uBahn (Subway) station is Schwedenplatz. I like the taxi idea better

Embassy street map: http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/austria-autriche/visas/contact-contactez.aspx?lang=eng

Sasha000

Feb 6, 2014
larcher87 said:
They have replied to 2 of 4 emails. That was not the one they replied to. They sent us 2 emails with questions and requests and those were the two they answered acknowledging that they received the information. The other 2 emails we sent was us offering new information ie. Address change, sending of updated medical and police check. They did not respond to those.

We are waiting for registered mail from Vienna, and my husband said it should take no more then 2 weeks for regular mail from his expereinces with Austiran Canadian mail.
I'm a bit late in thanking you for the reply, but thanks ;).

I just checked my application status and it says "A decision has been made on your application...". Hopefully a positive one.

Good luck to everyone on here!

jagoda83

Sep 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-05-2014
Doc's Request.
29-09-2014
AOR Received.
09-07-2014
File Transfer...
09-07-2014
Med's Done....
02-04-2014
Interview........
05-02-2015
zedtoronto said:
Letter to Vienna sparked Interview.

Our eCas never did change from Application received to In Progress and Decision made.

Sent a what's up letter after 18 months.

Response......today

An interview has been scheduled for you at the Canadian Embassy in Vienna on 23 April 2015 at 14:00 o' clock

CONGRATS and GOOD LUCK

Please bring to the interview the documents, if any, listed at the end of this letter.

If on your application you indicated that you have less than high proficiency in English or French, members of our local staff can provide interpretation in Albanian, Bosnian, Croatian, Czech, German, Hungarian, Macedonian, Serbian, Slovak and Slovenian languages.

If you are not proficient in French or English and do not speak one of the languages listed above, you will need to provide, at your expense, a certified interpreter who can interpret into English or French. The use of legal representatives, consultants, their employees or relatives is not acceptable as this may be a conflict of interest. As the visa officer must be satisfied that the interpreter is unbiased and qualified, interpreters are expected to provide evidence of their qualifications before the interview.

Please confirm within two weeks, by e-mail, mail or fax, whether or not you are able to attend this interview and whether you need an interpreter and for which language. If we do not receive confirmation from you, your application will be assessed based on the information on file which may result in the refusal of your application.

DOCUMENTS TO BE SUBMITTED AT INTERVIEW

Please bring the documents marked by an "X" to the interview. Only original or certified true copies are acceptable. All documents must be translated into either English or French.

[ X ] Your passport. ( (We can provide, but doesn't make sense since everything has expired over a year ago)

[ X ] proof of ongoing communication and contact with your sponsor. (We can Provide)

[ X ] proof that you and your sponsor visited each other. ( I have had some health issues and haven't been able to go.)

[ X ] any photos demonstrating the existence of a conjugal relationship. We don't have any since there is no visits.

[ X ] evidence of funds transfers from your sponsor. (Can Provide)

[ X ] evidence of cohabitation with your sponsor-leases, joint property ownership, etc. (Can provide)

[ X ] evidence that you hold joint bank accounts, investments, credit cards, insurance, etc. ( Bank Manager in Sept 2012 advise against this since my partner was a failed refugee and there was no guarantee of his return.)

CONGRATS AND GOOD LUCK

larcher87

Feb 27, 2015
Sasha000 said:
I'm a bit late in thanking you for the reply, but thanks ;).

I just checked my application status and it says "A decision has been made on your application...". Hopefully a positive one.

Good luck to everyone on here!
Congrats!! We are still waiting for the mail it was issued on March 13, waiting waiting.....

mimosa86

Star Member
Sep 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
FYI, all our correspondence took place over email, not mail.

Hubby picked up his stamped passport and COPR from VAC and he's flying over this weekend.
I wish everyone best of luck and speedy reunions!!!

m0rr1gan

Apr 1, 2015
Hello everyone,

Hej Mimosa - I realized you have quite the same timeline as we have. We have sent in our application in the end of October (after we had to re-send some forms) and end of January we received SA and the files were transfered to Vienna office. I was wondering if your status has ever changed?

Ours is only
- application received in october
- medicals received

and nothing else since end of January. Is that normal or should there have been any update by now??

Thank you.

spaceexp

Oct 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna-->Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
10-04-2014
File Transfer...
01-05-2014
Med's Done....
03-02-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
30-12-2014 , then again 13-02-2015 (DM 03-01-2015, PP&CoPR received 06-01-2015, returned to Ottawa because of a mistake, received again on 16-02-2015)
LANDED..........
16-02-2015
m0rr1gan said:
Hello everyone,

Hej Mimosa - I realized you have quite the same timeline as we have. We have sent in our application in the end of October (after we had to re-send some forms) and end of January we received SA and the files were transfered to Vienna office. I was wondering if your status has ever changed?

Ours is only
- medicals received

and nothing else since end of January. Is that normal or should there have been any update by now??

Thank you.
That misquote normal, because Vienna changes ecas from "application received" to "in process" later in the process, closer to the end of it,and you are still early (2-3 months in Vienna is not a lot).

m0rr1gan

Apr 1, 2015
Hi spaceexp,

thank you for your reply. I was just wondering because people are often writing the status change. And I thought there should be something like "processing" by now. Then I guess I just continue checking everyday several times ;)

I also read about the rumour that the processing is connected to the medical test date? and that it's a lot of times that entry has to be before the medical test expires? I was not even aware until recently that the medicals expire after just a year.

Have a nice day

spaceexp

Oct 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna-->Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
10-04-2014
File Transfer...
01-05-2014
Med's Done....
03-02-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
16-02-2015
m0rr1gan said:
Hi spaceexp,

thank you for your reply. I was just wondering because people are often writing the status change. And I thought there should be something like "processing" by now. Then I guess I just continue checking everyday several times ;)

I also read about the rumour that the processing is connected to the medical test date? and that it's a lot of times that entry has to be before the medical test expires? I was not even aware until recently that the medicals expire after just a year.

Have a nice day
Well, most people make a mistake in counting both the time before SA and after SA together. Processing time for Vienna is only time after SA - just to clear that out. I know SA itself took longer than usual for many people, but nothing you can do about it, and CIC doesn't care, unfortunately.

What I think is that Vienna actually starts processing earlier than they change ecas. In my case, my "in process" happened just a day before I received passport request e-mail. It is impossible that they processed the file in 1 day, it must be they just never updated ecas until they were done. Also, it was backdated - I checked my ecas in the morning, there was nothing, and after I received the e-mail ecas was changed to "in process" with the date of the previous day.

I don't think processing is connected to medical expiry. It might be that they work more on your application when your medical is about to expire, but they can finish it earlier (I got PPR a few months before medical expiry). And again, they don't really care, if they're not done, they will let your medicals expire and either extend it (if they are almost done) or request a new one to be done. Same with criminal check you sent with your application.

mimosa86

Star Member
Sep 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
m0rr1gan said:
Hello everyone,

Ours is only
- medicals received

Thank you.
Hello,

We actually got a passport request by email about a week or 2 before Ecas changed to in processing from a past dated date. We sent the passport before it switched to decision made. I'd say the email will come when you least expect it and then computer will show changes. I am curious to see if we're one of the few cases or if they're less back logged this year. Best of luck! Sincerely!

zedtoronto

Star Member
Sep 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don't understand why Vienna would request his passport for Interview April 23. Everything has expired Police and Medical and he owes for $1500 for deportation trip. I'm just worried that Conservatives have hate-on for Roma, they will fail him on a cooked up excuse

I ran though 200 possible questions he might be asked, and we are both on same page. We have all the requested documents, including a certified letter from my Doctor that I have been unable to travel for health reasons.

He's taking a Orangeway train from Budapest early in morning and has map of subway system and of course, what station to get off for his 2 pm appointment. I will let everyone know they out come.