13-09-2013 (EXTENDED FOR ONE FULL YEAR)
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
24-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
29-10-2014
Avissa said:
Good newssss! I got the passport request email this morning and went to the VAC office in Dusseldorf and sent my passport.
Congratulations and good luck! :)

MacnCheese

Star Member
Oct 31, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 Jan 2015 sponsorship submitted to Mississauga
Doc's Request.
20 Aug 2015
AOR Received.
18 Mar 2015, SA received 02 April 2015
Med's Done....
06 Nov 2014
Passport Req..
5 Oct 2015
VISA ISSUED...
15 Oct 2015
Can those of you in the Netherlands please assist me. We will need to get a few documents translated from Dutch to English, and I understand the person doing the translation needs to do an affidavit to accompany the translation. Does anyone know if there is a standard tempate for affidavits in the Netherlands? And if so, are they available in English? Or will CIC accept an affidavit in Dutch?

Please let me know how you did your translations of documents in Dutch. We won't have many since we've only been here 18 months, maybe 10 pages at the most.

I was able to submit my VOG at the gemeentehuis without any issues.

Thanks in advance!

emira

Star Member
Jan 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2016
AOR Received.
10-13-2016
File Transfer...
10-24-2016
Med's Done....
01-09-2016
Passport Req..
03-02-2017
Helloo everyone :)

Ive been following this page ever since my husband and I have sent out our application in February 2014 I am a canadian citizen and got married in Bosnia 2013 we are currently living in Bosnia, and have been waiting for vienna to send us either an interview or passport request and today our time of waiting is done. This morning my husband got a passport request from Vienna we are relived and excited to be coming to Canada.

Good luck to everyone else who is waiting you will get there :D

Avissa

Jun 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21/08/2013
Med's Done....
29/07/2013
emira said:
Helloo everyone :)

Ive been following this page ever since my husband and I have sent out our application in February 2014 I am a canadian citizen and got married in Bosnia 2013 we are currently living in Bosnia, and have been waiting for vienna to send us either an interview or passport request and today our time of waiting is done. This morning my husband got a passport request from Vienna we are relived and excited to be coming to Canada.

Good luck to everyone else who is waiting you will get there :D
woohooo :D gratzzz

Avissa

Jun 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21/08/2013
Med's Done....
29/07/2013
So.... I gave my passport to the VAC office here in Dusseldorf and they said it will be in Vienna today. Does anyone know how long it takes Vienna to return the passport? I asked the lady at the VAC office and she said that since the visa is ready and just needs to be stuck to the passport technically I should get the passport by Tuesday but since it's Vienna and they don't exactly do things according to logic I should ask people who have recently sent their passport.

Minicooper

May 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-01-2014
Doc's Request.
21-10-2014 Police certificate
File Transfer...
19-02-2014
Passport Req..
Visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2014
LANDED..........
27-11-2014
And also good news for me!!
I had emailed Vienna to ask if they received my police certificate (my mother forgot to send it without tracking).
They replied today with an answer that my application has been approved and I will receive my COPR in the mail soon! (I don't have to send my passport). The waiting game is over! Good luck to everyone out there who is still waiting!!!

Avadava

Oct 11, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
December 3, 2013
AOR Received.
Stage 1 AOR + SA January 8, 2014
File Transfer...
January 12, 2014
Med's Request
Further Medical Tests Requested: October 24, 2013
Med's Done....
October 15, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
October 20, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
October 27, 2014
LANDED..........
January 17, 2015
Avissa said:
So.... I gave my passport to the VAC office here in Dusseldorf and they said it will be in Vienna today. Does anyone know how long it takes Vienna to return the passport? I asked the lady at the VAC office and she said that since the visa is ready and just needs to be stuck to the passport technically I should get the passport by Tuesday but since it's Vienna and they don't exactly do things according to logic I should ask people who have recently sent their passport.
They send it back within 7 days after receiving it.

Avadava

Oct 11, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
December 3, 2013
AOR Received.
Stage 1 AOR + SA January 8, 2014
File Transfer...
January 12, 2014
Med's Request
Further Medical Tests Requested: October 24, 2013
Med's Done....
October 15, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
October 20, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
October 27, 2014
LANDED..........
January 17, 2015
MacnCheese said:
Can those of you in the Netherlands please assist me. We will need to get a few documents translated from Dutch to English, and I understand the person doing the translation needs to do an affidavit to accompany the translation. Does anyone know if there is a standard tempate for affidavits in the Netherlands? And if so, are they available in English? Or will CIC accept an affidavit in Dutch?

Please let me know how you did your translations of documents in Dutch. We won't have many since we've only been here 18 months, maybe 10 pages at the most.

Thanks in advance!
An affidavit is a piece of paper accompanying the translation saying something along these lines: "I certify that the translation of the documents attached is a true and accurate translation of the original."

This affidavit needs to be in English (since the translator works with Dutch <> English, he/she should have no problem writing this in English). Some translators even put this sentence at the bottom of the translation.

This is a sample of an affidavit (the one I had for my translations).

P.S. I couldn't find a translator in Germany who knew what this was. I googled a translator in Canada and contacted them. Sent him scans of my documents, he sent the original translation to me by mail (I paid him the mailing fee). But all together, it cost me way less than what I would have paid here in Germany. Paid him with PayPal, 80 CAD for 3 documents, here I would have paid 70 euros for only 1 document. And since he is based in Canada and registered with a Canadian Association of translators, there is no reason CIC will doubt the authenticity of the translation.

Avissa

Jun 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21/08/2013
Med's Done....
29/07/2013
Avadava said:
They send it back within 7 days after receiving it.
Thanks, that is indeed great news

MacnCheese

Star Member
Oct 31, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 Jan 2015 sponsorship submitted to Mississauga
Doc's Request.
20 Aug 2015
AOR Received.
18 Mar 2015, SA received 02 April 2015
Med's Done....
06 Nov 2014
Passport Req..
5 Oct 2015
VISA ISSUED...
15 Oct 2015
Avadava said:
An affidavit is a piece of paper accompanying the translation saying something along these lines: "I certify that the translation of the documents attached is a true and accurate translation of the original."

This affidavit needs to be in English (since the translator works with Dutch <> English, he/she should have no problem writing this in English). Some translators even put this sentence at the bottom of the translation.

This is a sample of an affidavit (the one I had for my translations).

P.S. I couldn't find a translator in Germany who knew what this was. I googled a translator in Canada and contacted them. Sent him scans of my documents, he sent the original translation to me by mail (I paid him the mailing fee). But all together, it cost me way less than what I would have paid here in Germany. Paid him with PayPal, 80 CAD for 3 documents, here I would have paid 70 euros for only 1 document. And since he is based in Canada and registered with a Canadian Association of translators, there is no reason CIC will doubt the authenticity of the translation.
Thanks for the info, Avadava. I'll see how I go finding a translator locally, but may go with a Canadian based certified one just to avoid the hassle of trying to explain what is needed!

canada1990

Sep 12, 2014
MacnCheese said:

Thanks in advance!

Hi MacnCheese

Where do you live in Holland and why do you need to translat your documents? i live in holland and my application is also in Vienna maybe i can help you with your documents. So this website translat documents you can send them email or contact them by phone https://www.vertaalbureau-perfect.nl/vakgebieden/documenten-vertalen/

good luck!!!

Mikac15

Star Member
Feb 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-11-2013
Doc's Request.
15-10-2014 - NEW POLICE CERTIFICATE
AOR Received.
03-01-2014
File Transfer...
23-12-2013
Med's Request
EXTENDED FOR ONE FULL YEAR
Med's Done....
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
24-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
29-10-2014
MacnCheese said:

Thanks in advance!
When I translated my documents here in Serbia the translator didnt include an affidavit as the stamp says everything, that she is certified and everything was okay. Vienna didnt cause a problem. Where does it say that an affidavit needs to be included?

Mikac15

Star Member
Feb 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-11-2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
03-01-2014
File Transfer...
23-12-2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
24-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
29-10-2014
KajaH said:
Thanks for info! I guess everyone was so excited about the news, we got 5 car rides offered by our friends, so we chose adventure :) but, thinking money-wise, ???

"We'll always have Vienna" :)

Congratulations for your final :) where are you going, if I may ask?
I know my brother went by car for his interview and it cost a lot. That's why I suggested mail :)
Thanks so much, me and my husband are going to be in Toronto, you?

emira

Star Member
Jan 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2016
AOR Received.
10-13-2016
File Transfer...
10-24-2016
Med's Done....
01-09-2016
Passport Req..
03-02-2017
Hello

I have a very silly question.. well at least i think it is hehe but im not sure who sends out the passport because when my husband got PPR it says on the email under number 4

Please provide the following information for yourself and your spouse or common-law partner (if applicable):

Submit your original passport and the original passport of your accompanying spouse and dependent children, if applicable. Passports for you and your accompanying spouse and dependent children (if applicable) must be submitted together.
There must be at least two blank visa pages in each passport and your passport(s) must be valid for at least six months.
Please note that permanent resident visas cannot be placed in Diplomatic, Official or Military passports.

Now im the sponsor i am a Canadian citizen and i have a Canadian passport, im just confused I feel like im over thinking it haha, but then again i just want to double check.

Mikac15

Star Member
Feb 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-11-2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
03-01-2014
File Transfer...
23-12-2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
24-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
29-10-2014
emira said:
Hello

I have a very silly question.. well at least i think it is hehe but im not sure who sends out the passport because when my husband got PPR it says on the email under number 4

Please provide the following information for yourself and your spouse or common-law partner (if applicable):

Submit your original passport and the original passport of your accompanying spouse and dependent children, if applicable. Passports for you and your accompanying spouse and dependent children (if applicable) must be submitted together.
There must be at least two blank visa pages in each passport and your passport(s) must be valid for at least six months.
Please note that permanent resident visas cannot be placed in Diplomatic, Official or Military passports.

Now im the sponsor i am a Canadian citizen and i have a Canadian passport, im just confused I feel like im over thinking it haha, but then again i just want to double check.
Only your husband's passport needs to be sent in to be visa stamped. You are already a Canadian citizen so there is no reason for you to send your passport. You are definitely overthinking it!! :)