App. Filed.......
25-10-2013
Doc's Request.
18-02-2014
File Transfer...
22-11-2013
Med's Done....
08-10-2013
Today we received our GCMS notes. From what we understood, our application is in process, the medical was passed and they are currently working on the criminal check.

My question is, if the medical was passed does it still need to be renewed after a year?

little_apple

Jun 11, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna/Austria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 20, 2013
Doc's Request.
June 4, 2013 & February 18, 2014
AOR Received.
May 5, 2013
File Transfer...
May 27, 2013
Med's Done....
April 4, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
exempt
VISA ISSUED...
April 17, 2014
LANDED..........
in Calgary since March 29, 2012. Landed as PR May 3, 2014
zedtoronto said:
Thanks for the swift feedback Mikac 15

Application Received September 30, 2013
It just says DECISION MADE and these words under that.... We received your application to sponsor XX on September 30, 2013. We started processing your application on October 15, 2013. We sent you a letter on October 15, 2013 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

The case notes I read in August said we had been together 120 months 10 years it should have 3 years, but who am I to complain.

We were told by a good friend in another forum, that it's likely your partner in Hungary was approved, the file is just waiting for a senior officer to make a final decision. My partner was a refugee who was asked to leave Canada December 5, 2012, he left in less than 30 days and has a Certificate of Departure, which means, apparently he doesn't have to pay back to plane $1500 fare home or so we have been told.

If on the other hand he was deported he would have to, write a letter explaining why he wants to come back and pay the $400 ARC fee and the $1500 plane fare.
This is the sponsorship approval. To see the current status on the application you have to login with the file number or applicant's UCI number + the applicant's name and DOB

Mikac15

Star Member
Feb 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-11-2013
Doc's Request.
15-10-2014 - NEW POLICE CERTIFICATE
AOR Received.
03-01-2014
File Transfer...
23-12-2013
Med's Request
EXTENDED FOR ONE FULL YEAR
Med's Done....
13-09-2013 (EXTENDED FOR ONE FULL YEAR)
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
24-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
29-10-2014
zedtoronto said:
Thanks for the swift feedback Mikac 15

Application Received September 30, 2013
It just says DECISION MADE and these words under that.... We received your application to sponsor XX on September 30, 2013. We started processing your application on October 15, 2013. We sent you a letter on October 15, 2013 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

The case notes I read in August said we had been together 120 months 10 years it should have 3 years, but who am I to complain.

We were told by a good friend in another forum, that it's likely your partner in Hungary was approved, the file is just waiting for a senior officer to make a final decision. My partner was a refugee who was asked to leave Canada December 5, 2012, he left in less than 30 days and has a Certificate of Departure, which means, apparently he doesn't have to pay back to plane $1500 fare home or so we have been told.

If on the other hand he was deported he would have to, write a letter explaining why he wants to come back and pay the $400 ARC fee and the $1500 plane fare.
Hi zedtoronto, I believe you are looking at the status of the sponsor - "Sponsorship Application Status". Under that for me it says "Decision Made" and I received a letter in December that they transferred my file to Vienna and that I was approved. You should be looking at "Permanent Residence Application Status". If it says "Application Received" then the process (the real process) has not yet begun. For me it said "Application Received" for 10 months until a few days ago when it changed to "In Process". Now when I click to see details it says "We have begun processing xxxxxx xxxxxx's application Oct 4, 2014." This means the real process has now started! I hope this helped!

Mikac15

Star Member
Feb 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-11-2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
03-01-2014
File Transfer...
23-12-2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
24-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
29-10-2014
MrsStankovich said:
When you guys said 'I applied in [date]', do you mean you sent in the application for the first time or are you counting it from when Vienna received the file?
I am not sure exactly who you were asking but since my post references this a few posts before yours I figured I might answer you? :)
When I say I applied, I mean I sent the application to the Mississauga Case Processing Centre on November 22, 13.
My application was transferred on December 23, 13 when I was approved as a sponsor. Vienna received my husband PR application in the beginning of January 2014.

Mikac15

Star Member
Feb 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-11-2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
03-01-2014
File Transfer...
23-12-2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
24-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
29-10-2014
sp3880 said:
Dear forum friends, the best news today!

Passport request!

FINALLY!!!!

Dear XXXX XXXXXX:

Your application for permanent residence in Canada has reached the final stage of processing. You must submit your passport(s) to the visa office in Vienna, within 30 days of the date of this letter in order to finalize your application.
Please include a copy of this letter with your submission.
If you have any questions after reading the information and instructions, please contact us by following the instructions our website:

Yours truly,

Visa Office (hm)
Embassy of Canada
Laurenzerberg 2
1010 Vienna, Austria
Email: vienn-visa @ international.gc.ca
Fax: +43 1 53138-3911

Soooo happy :D :D :D

It took just 28 days after Doc's request and 18 days after Medical redone.
Good luck everyone.
Congratulations! So happy that many of us are getting good news these days! OCTOBER IS VIENNA'S MONTH I GUESS! :)

alekgalorini

Apr 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-6-2013
Med's Done....
10-06-2013
Toronto1990,

Try sending them an email. We rec'd our interview date. It's unacceptable on there part to leave you hanging. Considering they rec'd your application in June. Plenty of time. You need to press the matter.

MrsStankovich

Oct 7, 2013
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
VIENNA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-10-2013
Doc's Request.
18-02-2014
File Transfer...
22-11-2013
Med's Done....
08-10-2013
Mikac15 said:
I am not sure exactly who you were asking but since my post references this a few posts before yours I figured I might answer you? :)
When I say I applied, I mean I sent the application to the Mississauga Case Processing Centre on November 22, 13.
My application was transferred on December 23, 13 when I was approved as a sponsor. Vienna received my husband PR application in the beginning of January 2014.
Haha, I was asking anyone who wanted to answer!

Our timeline is very similar then...although Mississauga received my application Nov 22, it says Vienna did as well. I thought this was a mistake on my ECAS, but I just received my GCMS notes and they say the same thing - that Vienna received my application Nov 22 (but my sponsorship was approved January 10, so its very confusing) It also says on my GCMS notes in some places that our application was updated in Vienna in December. Its only a few months apart though, so I am expecting a few months on or off my processing time.

Toronto1989

Oct 7, 2014
alekgalorini said:
Toronto1990,

Try sending them an email. We rec'd our interview date. It's unacceptable on there part to leave you hanging. Considering they rec'd your application in June. Plenty of time. You need to press the matter.
Hi Alek, did you send them another e-mail ? Or did you just receive the interview date ? Is the date more than 1 month away ? thanks !

lalaBiH

Star Member
Feb 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
police clearence expired had to redo in Sept 2014
File Transfer...
Oct 2013
Med's Request
re-do Sept 23 2014
Med's Done....
07/2013
Interview........
NOPE
Passport Req..
Oct 08 2014
Dear _____:

Your application for permanent residence in Canada has reached the final stage of processing. You must submit your passport(s) to the visa office in Vienna, within 30 days of the date of this letter in order to finalize your application.

AHHHHH 12.5 months laterrr and its OVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVR ... !! took only about a week after medical and police check was submitted!!

mapleleafgirl

Star Member
Jul 28, 2013
lalaBiH said:
Dear _____:

AHHHHH 12.5 months laterrr and its OVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVR ... !! took only about a week after medical and police check was submitted!!
Congratulations...!!!!! Soooo happy for you :)

Kopje

Nov 28, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lalaBiH said:
Dear _____:

Congratulations!

emira

Star Member
Jan 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2016
AOR Received.
10-13-2016
File Transfer...
10-24-2016
Med's Done....
01-09-2016
Passport Req..
03-02-2017
lalaBiH said:
Dear _____:

CESTITAMMM !!!! BAS MI JE DRAGO , FOR ONCE AND FOR ALL.

SRETNOOO :D :D

lalaBiH

Star Member
Feb 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
police clearence expired had to redo in Sept 2014
File Transfer...
Oct 2013
Med's Request
re-do Sept 23 2014
Med's Done....
07/2013
Interview........
NOPE
Passport Req..
Oct 08 2014
THANK YOU ALL/ HVALA PUNO!!!! time to find a flight .. thank god its cheap season! lol

dadoB

Jul 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello everyone,

I am about to send my inland PR application. I am not sure, but since I apply inland are my documents sended also to Vienna ? And for in casse the answer is yes, how long approximately will it take until I hear for the first time from CIC after sending my application ? thank you !

Mikac15

Star Member
Feb 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-11-2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
03-01-2014
File Transfer...
23-12-2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
24-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
29-10-2014
MrsStankovich said:
Haha, I was asking anyone who wanted to answer!

Our timeline is very similar then...although Mississauga received my application Nov 22, it says Vienna did as well. I thought this was a mistake on my ECAS, but I just received my GCMS notes and they say the same thing - that Vienna received my application Nov 22 (but my sponsorship was approved January 10, so its very confusing) It also says on my GCMS notes in some places that our application was updated in Vienna in December. Its only a few months apart though, so I am expecting a few months on or off my processing time.
Hahaha! :D

Yes our timeline is very similar. On ECAS it says the both Mississauga and Vienna received my application Nov 22, 13 but I'm guessing that Vienna couldn't do anything with my husband PR application until Canada approved me as a sponsor.At the end of December, 13 I received a letter stating that I was approved as a sponsor and the the decision has been forwarded to Vienna. Then I heard nothing. I didn't even get a confirmation that Vienna received my application. When I emailed Vienna in June, 14 to ask if everything was ok, they emailed me back stating that my husband's application was received in Vienna in January 2014. It really does get confusing. Here's what I think: When we send both the applications in, CIC receives it and enters it into the system. That's why it says both were received on Nov 22, 13 even though Vienna actually received my application in January 2014 after I was approved.