Doc's Request.
18-02-2014
File Transfer...
22-11-2013
Med's Done....
08-10-2013
Does it say In Process on your ecas?

zedtoronto said:
In Progress means very little We (A Canada/Hungary couple) Sent our App to Mississauga Sept 30, 2013 File went to Vienna Oct 15/13. I ordered Case Notes in August 2014. All it said was they worked on our App from Oct 15 to Nov 1, 2013 (Entering this and that date from our application) and did nothing after that, Tuesday October 15, 2014 will be 12th month of so-called In Progress. When we filed in was 12 month wait, it has now climbed to 17 months for Vienna, Under Citizenship and Immigration Canada

Mikac15

Star Member
Feb 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-11-2013
Doc's Request.
15-10-2014 - NEW POLICE CERTIFICATE
AOR Received.
03-01-2014
File Transfer...
23-12-2013
Med's Request
EXTENDED FOR ONE FULL YEAR
Med's Done....
13-09-2013 (EXTENDED FOR ONE FULL YEAR)
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
24-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
29-10-2014
zedtoronto said:
In Progress means very little We (A Canada/Hungary couple) Sent our App to Mississauga Sept 30, 2013 File went to Vienna Oct 15/13. I ordered Case Notes in August 2014. All it said was they worked on our App from Oct 15 to Nov 1, 2013 (Entering this and that date from our application) and did nothing after that, Tuesday October 15, 2014 will be 12th month of so-called In Progress. When we filed in was 12 month wait, it has now climbed to 17 months for Vienna, Under Citizenship and Immigration Canada
IN PROCESS actually means a lot. I will tell you that from what you've written, you are not "IN PROCESS" yet. When you go to cic.gc.ca and type all of your information in to check the status of your application, the best thing you can see is IN PROCESS and DECISION MADE. Unfortunately many will only see "Application Received". I applied in November 2013 and my application was in Vienna since January 2014 and this whole time its said "APPLICATION RECEIVIED". Although we think the application is in process, it actually just means they have received our application, reviewed the standard information within the first month and sent it to collect dust until they are ready to review it again. Can I ask what it says on ECAS for you and how long has this been your status? My status changed to "IN PROCESS" today. This is good news because someone if going to be reviewing it now. I know a number of people who have had their status as "application received" for a year, year and a half and then when it changed to "in PROCESS" they got their PR within months. My friend within 3 months.

From my experience, IN PROCESS is good. Remember, the Visa Office in Vienna has a different meaning when it comes to processing. As it states on their site, "We may have received your application but have not begun processing it yet." Which is why the waiting time is 17 months. In reality, they can finish this in 3 months but they have so many application so the wait time is naturally extended.

I hope you understood what I was saying. I am sure other people from the forum will back me up and some might even explain it better. :)

Mikac15

Star Member
Feb 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-11-2013
Doc's Request.
15-10-2014 - NEW POLICE CERTIFICATE
AOR Received.
03-01-2014
File Transfer...
23-12-2013
Med's Request
EXTENDED FOR ONE FULL YEAR
Med's Done....
13-09-2013 (EXTENDED FOR ONE FULL YEAR)
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
24-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
29-10-2014
zedtoronto said:
https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/redir.do?redir=app_perm_fam&lang=en&app=

Zedtoronto I wish you the very best, hopefully this will help you understand the various stages of your application. Remember, you can check you status on cic.gc.ca using your file or UCI number and your personal information. I am the sponsor and I type MY information with the UCI I received by email and I can see the status of my husband's application like this as well.

Hope this helped!

Dusica

Jul 1, 2014
Re: Landing in Canada question

little_apple said:
Your spouse doesn't have to be with you. I think in my case it was better that my spouse was with me otherwise the officer would have been even meaner

Thanks for your answer. I have another question, if you could help me with. Would i need to show them any proof of funds. Being that i am a wife being sponsored , i am assuming i might bring my husbands bank statements or smth? Or, they wont ask me for anything of that sort?

little_apple

Jun 11, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna/Austria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 20, 2013
Doc's Request.
June 4, 2013 & February 18, 2014
AOR Received.
May 5, 2013
File Transfer...
May 27, 2013
Med's Done....
April 4, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
exempt
VISA ISSUED...
April 17, 2014
LANDED..........
in Calgary since March 29, 2012. Landed as PR May 3, 2014
Re: Landing in Canada question

Dusica said:
Thanks for your answer. I have another question, if you could help me with. Would i need to show them any proof of funds. Being that i am a wife being sponsored , i am assuming i might bring my husbands bank statements or smth? Or, they wont ask me for anything of that sort?
They just wanted my passport and COPR. Nothing else.

zedtoronto

Star Member
Sep 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mikac15 said:
IN PROCESS actually means a lot. I will tell you that from what you've written, you are not "IN PROCESS" yet. When you go to cic.gc.ca and type all of your information in to check the status of your application, the best thing you can see is IN PROCESS and DECISION MADE. Unfortunately many will only see "Application Received". I applied in November 2013 and my application was in Vienna since January 2014 and this whole time its said "APPLICATION RECEIVIED". Although we think the application is in process, it actually just means they have received our application, reviewed the standard information within the first month and sent it to collect dust until they are ready to review it again. Can I ask what it says on ECAS for you and how long has this been your status? My status changed to "IN PROCESS" today. This is good news because someone if going to be reviewing it now. I know a number of people who have had their status as "application received" for a year, year and a half and then when it changed to "in PROCESS" they got their PR within months. My friend within 3 months.

From my experience, IN PROCESS is good. Remember, the Visa Office in Vienna has a different meaning when it comes to processing. As it states on their site, "We may have received your application but have not begun processing it yet." Which is why the waiting time is 17 months. In reality, they can finish this in 3 months but they have so many application so the wait time is naturally extended.

I hope you und
erstood what I was saying. I am sure other people from the forum will back me up and some might even explain it better. :)
Thanks for the swift feedback Mikac 15

Application Received September 30, 2013
It just says DECISION MADE and these words under that.... We received your application to sponsor XX on September 30, 2013. We started processing your application on October 15, 2013. We sent you a letter on October 15, 2013 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

The case notes I read in August said we had been together 120 months 10 years it should have 3 years, but who am I to complain.

We were told by a good friend in another forum, that it's likely your partner in Hungary was approved, the file is just waiting for a senior officer to make a final decision. My partner was a refugee who was asked to leave Canada December 5, 2012, he left in less than 30 days and has a Certificate of Departure, which means, apparently he doesn't have to pay back to plane $1500 fare home or so we have been told.

If on the other hand he was deported he would have to, write a letter explaining why he wants to come back and pay the $400 ARC fee and the $1500 plane fare.

Kopje

Nov 28, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zedtoronto said:
It just says DECISION MADE and these words under that.... We received your application to sponsor XX on September 30, 2013. We started processing your application on October 15, 2013. We sent you a letter on October 15, 2013 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We were told by a good friend in another forum, that it's likely your partner in Hungary was approved, the file is just waiting for a senior officer to make a final decision. My partner was a refugee who was asked to leave Canada December 5, 2012, he left in less than 30 days and has a Certificate of Departure, which means, apparently he doesn't have to pay back to plane $1500 fare home or so we have been told.

If on the other hand he was deported he would have to, write a letter explaining why he wants to come back and pay the $400 ARC fee and the $1500 plane fare.
Hi! I don't mean to burst your bubble but are you sure you are not looking at the application status of the sponsor?

MrsStankovich

Oct 7, 2013
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
VIENNA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-10-2013
Doc's Request.
18-02-2014
File Transfer...
22-11-2013
Med's Done....
08-10-2013
This just means that the Sponsor part of the application is finished. The permanent residence application is still in queue. There are 2 steps.

zedtoronto said:
Thanks for the swift feedback Mikac 15

MrsStankovich

Oct 7, 2013
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
VIENNA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-10-2013
Doc's Request.
18-02-2014
File Transfer...
22-11-2013
Med's Done....
08-10-2013
When you guys said 'I applied in [date]', do you mean you sent in the application for the first time or are you counting it from when Vienna received the file?

sp3880

Apr 15, 2013
Dear forum friends, the best news today!

Passport request!

FINALLY!!!!

Dear XXXX XXXXXX:

Your application for permanent residence in Canada has reached the final stage of processing. You must submit your passport(s) to the visa office in Vienna, within 30 days of the date of this letter in order to finalize your application.
Please include a copy of this letter with your submission.
If you have any questions after reading the information and instructions, please contact us by following the instructions our website:

Yours truly,

Visa Office (hm)
Embassy of Canada
Laurenzerberg 2
1010 Vienna, Austria
Email: vienn-visa@international.gc.ca
Fax: +43 1 53138-3911

Soooo happy :D :D :D

It took just 28 days after Doc's request and 18 days after Medical redone.
Good luck everyone.

MrsStankovich

Oct 7, 2013
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
VIENNA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-10-2013
Doc's Request.
18-02-2014
File Transfer...
22-11-2013
Med's Done....
08-10-2013
Congratulations!!!

When did Vienna receive your application?
sp3880 said:
Dear forum friends, the best news today!

Passport request!

FINALLY!!!!

Dear XXXX XXXXXX:

Your application for permanent residence in Canada has reached the final stage of processing. You must submit your passport(s) to the visa office in Vienna, within 30 days of the date of this letter in order to finalize your application.
Please include a copy of this letter with your submission.
If you have any questions after reading the information and instructions, please contact us by following the instructions our website:

Yours truly,

Visa Office (hm)
Embassy of Canada
Laurenzerberg 2
1010 Vienna, Austria
Email: vienn-visa @ international.gc.ca
Fax: +43 1 53138-3911

Soooo happy :D :D :D

It took just 28 days after Doc's request and 18 days after Medical redone.
Good luck everyone.

Toronto1989

Oct 7, 2014
zedtoronto said:
Hi Zed,
We are also a Canadian/Hungarian couple. Vienna received our application in June 2013, our e-case still says "Application Received" but we have received an e-mail saying we are in queue for an interview (this was a month ago). Just ordered notes last week. Hope the wait will be over for us soon ! Best of luck !!

Avissa

Jun 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21/08/2013
Med's Done....
29/07/2013
Dear sp3880 congratulations :)

zedtoronto

Star Member
Sep 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Toronto1989 said:
Hi Zed,
We are also a Canadian/Hungarian couple. Vienna received our application in June 2013, our e-case still says "Application Received" but we have received an e-mail saying we are in queue for an interview (this was a month ago). Just ordered notes last week. Hope the wait will be over for us soon ! Best of luck !!

Does everyone get interviewed by Vienna or only certain applications?

Nice to meet another Canadian/Hungarian couple. My partner is Roma Hungarian, we will be following your progress, best of luck.