+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

VIENNA OFFICE

Dusica

Jul 1, 2014
madam-m said:
Wou, u were very lucky. Congratulation

Are u currently in Canada? U mention that u are,on visitor visa.So how u gonna submit the passport? U gonna send them via mail or u ll go?
U were happy that they didnt ask u for new police certificate.It really depend of visa officer.

I wish u fast finish now.
Srecno.
Yes. I am in Canada. They gave me the option to mail my passport either to Vienna or Ottawa. Either way it's not a problem coz i will just courrier it to them.
Thank you!!

Dusica

Jul 1, 2014
Kopje said:
Congrats! Finally the wait gets to an end for you!

Wow if your COPR is valid until October 1st 2015 Vienna extended your medicals for a 12 months? Nice!
Thank you Kopje. This was super unexpected good news! I originaly had my medical done end of August last year. From what i have been told from an immigration lawyer, imm officers are given guidelines not to ask applicants to redo medical if they have been expired by no more than 2 months. And, obviously, if everything was ok with results in the first place. Just an info that might be useful for some.

I don't know what CORP stands for but medical are not supposed to be valid for all the duration of your pr visa (basically they have given me a year to reenter the country) but only up until that time (up until the time they reach the decision to grant you the visa).

madam-m

Star Member
Mar 2, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dusica said:
Yes. I am in Canada. They gave me the option to mail my passport either to Vienna or Ottawa. Either way it's not a problem coz i will just courrier it to them.
Thank you!!
Oh really?Great.
So where u ll send,in Vienna or Ottawa?
I am in same position,that is why I ask.

Dusica

Jul 1, 2014
madam-m said:
Oh really?Great.
Will call tomorrow to ask what is the processing time in Ottawa. If it is the same as in Vienna (in Vienna they mail it back to you within 7 days from the day they got it), I ll choose Ottawa, to save time and money. If they say it will take longer, then I ll choose Vienna, coz i can have it back within 2 weeks even from Vienna.

lalaBiH

Star Member
Feb 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
police clearence expired had to redo in Sept 2014
File Transfer...
Oct 2013
Med's Request
re-do Sept 23 2014
Med's Done....
07/2013
Interview........
NOPE
Passport Req..
Oct 08 2014
Kopje said:
Congrats! Finally the wait gets to an end for you!

Wow if your COPR is valid until October 1st 2015 Vienna extended your medicals for a 12 months? Nice!
Kopje did you hear anything after the in process change on ecase? .. i think they only extend medicals if nothin else is outstanding i.e police record.. if both are expired then u have to re-do both. Ours expired at the end of July so I'm not suprised they asked for them but its annoying and is delaying his passport request :S

Kopje

Nov 28, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lalaBiH said:
Kopje did you hear anything after the in process change on ecase? .. i think they only extend medicals if nothin else is outstanding i.e police record.. if both are expired then u have to re-do both. Ours expired at the end of July so I'm not suprised they asked for them but its annoying and is delaying his passport request :S
I received an email from Vienna today. I need to provide a new police certificate within 60 days. I'll request the certificate on Monday and hopefully I'll have it translated and ready to send by the end of next week.

Avissa

Jun 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21/08/2013
Med's Done....
29/07/2013
Kopje said:
I received an email from Vienna today. I need to provide a new police certificate within 60 days. I'll request the certificate on Monday and hopefully I'll have it translated and ready to send by the end of next week.
It's just the police certificate right? When did your application go to Vienna? As in when did your first phase finish?

Kopje

Nov 28, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Avissa said:
It's just the police certificate right? When did your application go to Vienna? As in when did your first phase finish?
Yes it's just the police certificate that they have asked for.

My wife was approved as a sponsor at the beginning of October 2013.

canada1990

Sep 12, 2014
Hello everyone,

I have a very good news. I went yesterday to Vienna for my interview at the Canadian Embassy. So i gonna tell my interview questions and of course not to forget about Vienna. I landed in Vienna around 9 am and my interview was at 2 pm between that time i had the opportunity to discover the beauty of Vienna. It was my first time traveling to Vienna my first experience was the people there are not kind and friendly, why? I was searching for the bus that take me to Morzinplatz so i asked the bus driver is this bus going to Morzinplatz he was like no english only german i told him i cant speak german only english then he told me no german no help i was like come on this is a international airport how cant you speak english after thay i saw a guy outside smoking sigaret i asked him please can you help me wich bus is going to Morzinplats and how much it costs he was like sorry i cant speak english i had no any other choiche to talk in sign language and finally he understand me what i was explaining, he brought me to the place where the bus is going to Morzinplats and he told me the bus ticket return costs € 13,- euro so after that i knew where the bus stop is and how much it costs, then i went to the Morzinplats with the bus it has only 1 stop thats Morzinplats 25 min from the airport and from Morzinplats to the Canadian Embassy its 5 min walking. i went for a walk and show very old building nice churchs it was al nice and beautifull so after that i went back to the Canadian Embassy to start my interview. i come there it is in de 3e floor the elevator went open and i saw there security person sitting i went to him and told that i have a 2 pm an interview for my CORP he was like ok can you turn all your electrionic divices and i put it all in a locker and then i went true the body scan after that i could wait for the person who takes my interview after 2 a 4 min he come and asked me for my additional documents i gave him he told me i gonna review it give me 10 min please i was waiting 10 min after 10 min he called me to the seconde room for the interview, my interview was in 2 sections, first one was questions about my self and seconde one was about our relationship i need to tell him exactly the dates when he aked me question like when did you talk to her when you left you country in your childhood please give me the excate date and year so after that all questions we where finally done it toke me 1,5 hour to finish the interview and then he told me you are approved for the your CORP we gonna send you email so you can send us your police certificate before 60 days it expired for one year i was so happy i could not believe it, the reason of the interview was because he told me you had not a lot of pic ect ect but when we asked your additional documents yeah we saw from your date that you married your wife you traveld a lot and she traveld to you we had so much pic so many documents that we can proof that our relationship is genuine and of course not to forget our beautifull and blessed son. i hope everybody get soon there CORP and people who have the interview yes its true they can tell you there if you are approved or not and after that its not that long to wait for your CORP and going to your beautifull FAMILY and settle your life.

elchavo87

Sep 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-09-2014
AOR Received.
14-11-2014
File Transfer...
21-11-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
09-09-2014
canada1990 said:
Hello everyone,

I have a very good news. I went yesterday to Vienna for my interview at the Canadian Embassy. So i gonna tell my interview questions and of course not to forget about Vienna. I landed in Vienna around 9 am and my interview was at 2 pm between that time i had the opportunity to discover the beauty of Vienna. It was my first time traveling to Vienna my first experience was the people there are not kind and friendly, why? I was searching for the bus that take me to Morzinplatz so i asked the bus driver is this bus going to Morzinplatz he was like no english only german i told him i cant speak german only english then he told me no german no help i was like come on this is a international airport how cant you speak english after thay i saw a guy outside smoking sigaret i asked him please can you help me wich bus is going to Morzinplats and how much it costs he was like sorry i cant speak english i had no any other choiche to talk in sign language and finally he understand me what i was explaining, he brought me to the place where the bus is going to Morzinplats and he told me the bus ticket return costs € 13,- euro so after that i knew where the bus stop is and how much it costs, then i went to the Morzinplats with the bus it has only 1 stop thats Morzinplats 25 min from the airport and from Morzinplats to the Canadian Embassy its 5 min walking. i went for a walk and show very old building nice churchs it was al nice and beautifull so after that i went back to the Canadian Embassy to start my interview. i come there it is in de 3e floor the elevator went open and i saw there security person sitting i went to him and told that i have a 2 pm an interview for my CORP he was like ok can you turn all your electrionic divices and i put it all in a locker and then i went true the body scan after that i could wait for the person who takes my interview after 2 a 4 min he come and asked me for my additional documents i gave him he told me i gonna review it give me 10 min please i was waiting 10 min after 10 min he called me to the seconde room for the interview, my interview was in 2 sections, first one was questions about my self and seconde one was about our relationship i need to tell him exactly the dates when he aked me question like when did you talk to her when you left you country in your childhood please give me the excate date and year so after that all questions we where finally done it toke me 1,5 hour to finish the interview and then he told me you are approved for the your CORP we gonna send you email so you can send us your police certificate before 60 days it expired for one year i was so happy i could not believe it, the reason of the interview was because he told me you had not a lot of pic ect ect but when we asked your additional documents yeah we saw from your date that you married your wife you traveld a lot and she traveld to you we had so much pic so many documents that we can proof that our relationship is genuine and of course not to forget our beautifull and blessed son. i hope everybody get soon there CORP and people who have the interview yes its true they can tell you there if you are approved or not and after that its not that long to wait for your CORP and going to your beautifull FAMILY and settle your life.
Thanks for your detailed description of the interview process. Very helpful :)

mimosa86

Star Member
Sep 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
:eek: ;D 8) Congrats Dusica! That's an amazing timeline!

May I know your profile? (e.g. were you married before visiting Canada first time?) Were you employed this whole time? I don't know what to think anymore but 12 months seem so close compared t 17!!!

Dusica said:
I have some good news!!!! I got a letter from Vienna asking me to submit my passport within 30 days to finalize my application (It mentions that my permanent visa will expire on October 1, 2015).

Now hear this: when I checked my online application status, it says that they started working on my application on September 29th this year, and I got this letter for submission only after couple of days (Oct 2nd). So, they were at it for 3 days all together (if you can believe this)! I submitted my application outland (even though I have been staying all along in Canada on a visitors visa) to Vienna and it reached there on October 1st 2013 (after my husband was previously approved as a sponsor in Canada, in September last year).

They never asked me for any additional documents, no interview or anything. I just got one single letter that my husband was approved as a sponsor back in October last year. I never called or asked for those notes as i got super depressed when new processing time of 17 months got posted. I thought it would be way too early for any inquiry.

So, for all of you out there, there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

I guess it depends on the officer assigned to the individual file. Best of luck to all!!! I haven't posted much in here and therefore unable to post my timeline, but just wanted to share with all of you good news as i know how frustrating this process is and how the feeling of uncertanity can be overwhelming.

Best of luck to all, and I hope more of us will have to share this good news!!!

little_apple

Jun 11, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna/Austria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 20, 2013
Doc's Request.
June 4, 2013 & February 18, 2014
AOR Received.
May 5, 2013
File Transfer...
May 27, 2013
Med's Done....
April 4, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
exempt
VISA ISSUED...
April 17, 2014
LANDED..........
in Calgary since March 29, 2012. Landed as PR May 3, 2014
mimosa86 said:
Woooow...

What is your country of residence if I may ask?? That is amazing. I'd kill for 12 months right now (we are about to submit in Mississauga). :(

Congrats!
Germany

Dusica

Jul 1, 2014
madam-m said:
Oh really?Great.
Ok, just so you know - I sent my pass to Vienna via FedEx (pre paid coupon) because I got no reliable info from imm about processing time in Ottawa. I should have it back within 2 weeks here.

And, I wasn't asked for new police certificate because that would not make any sense as I have been staying in Canada all along and they know that. So it would be only relevant to them if I stayed out of trouble in Canada :)))

Dusica

Jul 1, 2014
mimosa86 said:
:eek: ;D 8) Congrats Dusica! That's an amazing timeline!

May I know your profile? (e.g. were you married before visiting Canada first time?) Were you employed this whole time? I don't know what to think anymore but 12 months seem so close compared t 17!!!
I came to Ca on a visitors visa and got married in Canada. I have not been working as my visitor status doesn't allow work. Was staying at home all along. Very depressing and isolating experience....