+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

VIENNA OFFICE

Irsa

Star Member
Dec 2, 2013
messenger said:
i do not want to mislead you dear as i do not have a personal experience, so it's better to post a question on the main Family Sponsorship thread. it might help us also as our time for medicals is at the end of January
But from what I heard and read in my one and half year in this forum usually people wait for the re med until they get notified. Check it out as I could be wrong!

Tom
Thanks for your help Tom.

JJ 22

Sep 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-03-2013
File Transfer...
17-04-2013
Med's Done....
17-01-2013
Passport Req..
exempt
VISA ISSUED...
03-02-2014
LANDED..........
16-02-2014
Hi! Hope you are all enjoying the holidays...

Can anyone help me with one concern; is it normal that there was no update on my e-cas since July 11, 2013, just Application received.
I've been waiting on my notes now since December 1st, can't wait to get them and see where my application is. I hope that background check is finally done, they started it in June.
Also, when our MP contacted Vienna in October, we got e-mail from him with information:

23 APR 2013 = application rec'd
no Selection decision
= no 1st stage approval yet
Background check in progress
= this is done either by
== the RCMP or
== CSIS,
==== they won’t let CIC know
==== in other words, this is out of the hands of CIC.
Pending review
15MAR2014 meds good till.
== == == ==
END OF FILE

What does " no 1st stage approval yet" mean? Also, I know that I did my medical in January 2013, how is it possible that my medical is good til March 2014?

Thank you!

cgat

Feb 26, 2013
Hi Everybody,

I've used the forums here a couple times since applying and I've found them to be a great help. Since my wife's (she's Slovak) application is being processed through the Vienna office, I guess this is the place for us.

I'm interested to know how other peoples applications are going (timeline, status updates, etc.). Should I just keep an eye on this thread and browse through older posts, or has someone put a spreadsheet together that users can update (I think I saw this somewhere else a couple months ago)?

Here's our story so far:

Our application was received November 30 2012 (in Mississauga). We didn't hear anything for CIC for 3 months, so we sent them a message asking if I had been approved as a sponsor, and the next day we received a reply saying that I had been approved as a sponsor and the application was forwarded to the Vienna office (this was February 28th 2013). It's unclear when the application was actually received by the office though. On March 27th we received an email stating that they required a police clearance from Colombia and Russia. We did this and sent them to the VO (around May 12th 2013), and they eventually replied that they had received them. Since they we've received no updates and the online application status shows "Application Received" with notes "Application received November 30th, 2012" and "Medical results have been received". That's it.

Does this sound pretty normal (specifically, the lack of updates from the online status)? If not, is there anything we can do about it?

Also, my youngest brother as well as my best friend are both getting married in May. My wife would ideally have her PR by then, but if not, is she able to travel as a tourist within Canada while the application is being processed (normally Slovaks are granted 6 month tourist visas on arrival)?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Chris

messenger

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2011
Thessaloniki, Greece
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/2/2013
Doc's Request.
28/1/2014
AOR Received.
Stage 1 22/3/2013 & Stage 2 Aug 2013
File Transfer...
27-3-2013
Med's Done....
31-1-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
7-5-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-5-2014
LANDED..........
17-7-2014
JJ 22 said:
Hi! Hope you are all enjoying the holidays...

Can anyone help me with one concern; is it normal that there was no update on my e-cas since July 11, 2013, just Application received.
I've been waiting on my notes now since December 1st, can't wait to get them and see where my application is. I hope that background check is finally done, they started it in June.
Also, when our MP contacted Vienna in October, we got e-mail from him with information:

23 APR 2013 = application rec'd
no Selection decision
= no 1st stage approval yet
Background check in progress
= this is done either by
== the RCMP or
== CSIS,
==== they won't let CIC know
==== in other words, this is out of the hands of CIC.
Pending review
15MAR2014 meds good till.
== == == ==
END OF FILE

What does " no 1st stage approval yet" mean? Also, I know that I did my medical in January 2013, how is it possible that my medical is good til March 2014?

Thank you!
Hi there

What is your timeline?

YOur MP was involved in getting these info for you when?

From what I can understand here is, that your MP inquired about your case progress in the beginning of it?

Why I am saying this? Because < no 1st stage approval yet> means that at the time the inquiry was made your Sponsorship Approval was not given yet .

As for your e-Cas still only showing Applications Received as a consolation to you, our e-Cas was showing Applications Received and medicals received from February 26th 2013. Last month that changed and now shows only Applications Received February 26. Our medicals are not even mentioned any longer!

My friend DON'T FORGET.....you are dealing with Vienna :)

Happy new year and wishing you the very best and for all of us to receive the good news we are longing for from Vienna!

Regards

Tom

messenger

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2011
Thessaloniki, Greece
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/2/2013
Doc's Request.
28/1/2014
AOR Received.
Stage 1 22/3/2013 &amp; Stage 2 Aug 2013
File Transfer...
27-3-2013
Med's Done....
31-1-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
7-5-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-5-2014
LANDED..........
17-7-2014
Kopje said:
We decided to go to Vienna for New Years!

Hi

Enjoy your trip there and try to have as much as fun as you can and celebrate the new year. Vienna is a lovely city but to many of us the name just brings bitter taste! :) Of course nothing to do with this great city.!

Happy New Year

Tom

Kopje

Nov 28, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
messenger said:
Hi

Enjoy your trip there and try to have as much as fun as you can and celebrate the new year. Vienna is a lovely city but to many of us the name just brings bitter taste! :) Of course nothing to do with this great city.!

Happy New Year

Tom
Thanks! Yes Vienna is such a lovely city! No matter if it brings a bitter taste to most of us I can just encourage everyone to come here and visit Vienna. Definitely one of the nicest cities to see in Europe.

messenger

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2011
Thessaloniki, Greece
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/2/2013
Doc's Request.
28/1/2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
27-3-2013
Med's Done....
31-1-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
7-5-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-5-2014
LANDED..........
17-7-2014
cgat said:
Hi Everybody,

I've used the forums here a couple times since applying and I've found them to be a great help. Since my wife's (she's Slovak) application is being processed through the Vienna office, I guess this is the place for us.

I'm interested to know how other peoples applications are going (timeline, status updates, etc.). Should I just keep an eye on this thread and browse through older posts, or has someone put a spreadsheet together that users can update (I think I saw this somewhere else a couple months ago)?

Here's our story so far:

Our application was received November 30 2012 (in Mississauga). We didn't hear anything for CIC for 3 months, so we sent them a message asking if I had been approved as a sponsor, and the next day we received a reply saying that I had been approved as a sponsor and the application was forwarded to the Vienna office (this was February 28th 2013). It's unclear when the application was actually received by the office though. On March 27th we received an email stating that they required a police clearance from Colombia and Russia. We did this and sent them to the VO (around May 12th 2013), and they eventually replied that they had received them. Since they we've received no updates and the online application status shows "Application Received" with notes "Application received November 30th, 2012" and "Medical results have been received". That's it.

Does this sound pretty normal (specifically, the lack of updates from the online status)? If not, is there anything we can do about it?

Also, my youngest brother as well as my best friend are both getting married in May. My wife would ideally have her PR by then, but if not, is she able to travel as a tourist within Canada while the application is being processed (normally Slovaks are granted 6 month tourist visas on arrival)?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Chris
Hi Chris and Welcome to our thread

You are an "old timer" with Vienna I guess :)
For starters try to add your timeline by entering your info in the Profile section of the forum.

Vienna has been performing very very bad this year. In the beginning of 2013 the processing times were 9 months and it has gradually progressed to 13 months but its actually longer than this! Other European VO"s like Rome and Paris are also advertising similar processing times but they are expediting applications in less than 6 months.
Now, you filed in Mississauga in November 2012 and at those days the sponsorship approval was 55 days (comparing to 28 that it is now) plus the fact that your app was in CIC-M during the holidays so I can assume that your sponsorship approval (SA) took all the way to February 2013
So your file was indeed transferred to Vienna at the end of February and then Vienna sent you a request for police clearances from Colombia and Russia. I take it that your wife has lived or worked in these two countries?
i have a feeling that your process has been delayed mostly of the fact that she (your wife) has lived in 3 countries (including Slovakia) so having to check backgrounds in three countries plus the fact that Vienna has become a notoriously slow VO is delaying your application.
Your wife been a Slovak can certainly come and visit Canada without the need of pre-approved visa so she may at any point during this process come there to be with you for few months.

I hope this helped

Tom

JJ 22

Sep 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-03-2013
File Transfer...
17-04-2013
Med's Done....
17-01-2013
Passport Req..
exempt
VISA ISSUED...
03-02-2014
LANDED..........
16-02-2014
messenger said:
Hi there

What is your timeline?

YOur MP was involved in getting these info for you when?

From what I can understand here is, that your MP inquired about your case progress in the beginning of it?

Why I am saying this? Because < no 1st stage approval yet> means that at the time the inquiry was made your Sponsorship Approval was not given yet .

As for your e-Cas still only showing Applications Received as a consolation to you, our e-Cas was showing Applications Received and medicals received from February 26th 2013. Last month that changed and now shows only Applications Received February 26. Our medicals are not even mentioned any longer!

My friend DON'T FORGET.....you are dealing with Vienna :)

Happy new year and wishing you the very best and for all of us to receive the good news we are longing for from Vienna!

Regards

Tom
Tom, tnx for that information. My husband was approved as a sponsor on April 13th, we received an e-mail from CIC.
We contacted our MP twice so far. First in July, and then again at the end of October. I didn't get much information... I'm just hoping now that the background check is done.

Well, I know I just have to wait, but some of my friends 2-3 years ago got their papers in 3-4 months, so now this waiting time is just frustrating...

cgat

Feb 26, 2013
messenger said:
Hi Chris and Welcome to our thread

You are an "old timer" with Vienna I guess :)
For starters try to add your timeline by entering your info in the Profile section of the forum.

Vienna has been performing very very bad this year. In the beginning of 2013 the processing times were 9 months and it has gradually progressed to 13 months but its actually longer than this! Other European VO"s like Rome and Paris are also advertising similar processing times but they are expediting applications in less than 6 months.
Now, you filed in Mississauga in November 2012 and at those days the sponsorship approval was 55 days (comparing to 28 that it is now) plus the fact that your app was in CIC-M during the holidays so I can assume that your sponsorship approval (SA) took all the way to February 2013
So your file was indeed transferred to Vienna at the end of February and then Vienna sent you a request for police clearances from Colombia and Russia. I take it that your wife has lived or worked in these two countries?
i have a feeling that your process has been delayed mostly of the fact that she (your wife) has lived in 3 countries (including Slovakia) so having to check backgrounds in three countries plus the fact that Vienna has become a notoriously slow VO is delaying your application.
Your wife been a Slovak can certainly come and visit Canada without the need of pre-approved visa so she may at any point during this process come there to be with you for few months.

I hope this helped

Tom
Hi Tom

Yes, she has lived and worked/volunteered in several countries. We had the other prepared before the application, but the Colombian one could not be done until we had a file number. The Russian one was unexpected, since technically she was there for less than 6 months, but they requested it anyways. I'm a bit confused. Does the VO carry out a background check in these countries in addition to the police certificate that we provide? If that's the case, I'd imagine it could take longer.

The reason I asked the question about the tourist visa is that my brother had watched a reality tv show that documents canada border patrol. He said there was cases of PR applicants getting turned away. Maybe I'll ask the question to a broader audience in hopes of hearing from someone with experience doing this.

Anyway, thanks for the info. I really appreciate it.

Chris

messenger

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2011
Thessaloniki, Greece
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/2/2013
Doc's Request.
28/1/2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
27-3-2013
Med's Done....
31-1-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
7-5-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-5-2014
LANDED..........
17-7-2014
cgat said:
Hi Tom

Yes, she has lived and worked/volunteered in several countries. We had the other prepared before the application, but the Colombian one could not be done until we had a file number. The Russian one was unexpected, since technically she was there for less than 6 months, but they requested it anyways. I'm a bit confused. Does the VO carry out a background check in these countries in addition to the police certificate that we provide? If that's the case, I'd imagine it could take longer.

The reason I asked the question about the tourist visa is that my brother had watched a reality tv show that documents canada border patrol. He said there was cases of PR applicants getting turned away. Maybe I'll ask the question to a broader audience in hopes of hearing from someone with experience doing this.

Anyway, thanks for the info. I really appreciate it.

Chris
Hi Chris

Your guess is as good as mine regarding as to what they actually check. How can any country really run background checks on citizens of other countries in their own turf. If it was for a reason of national security of high importance then I guess they could request the individual's country to release his/her info. Otherwise why on earth do they request a police certificate. This I always wondered. For over a year and half in this forum I hear people saying that their file is on background check and I am saying to myself "How would they know"
I believe the only international background they may do is by asking Interpol to release any data that they might have on the person and only if this person has done something to be in the list of Interpol. We all know that us average Joe's would never make it into a list of Interpol (not unless our last name is Snowden) :) :)

Post your question into the main thread of the forum and also ask some of the experts like Leon, or my friend Sweden

Best of luck and I will appreciate you letting me know if you have some more info

Happy New Year

Tom

sunny94

Sep 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
end of December 2012
Doc's Request.
Middle of february 2014
AOR Received.
middle of feruary 2013 by e-mail
File Transfer...
middle of february 2013, + AOR by e-mail
Med's Request
2nd time: April 2014
Med's Done....
1st time: November 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
-
VISA ISSUED...
July 2014
LANDED..........
middle of July 2014
Hey guys. Looks like this year was just not for me. No news still from Vienna. I just wish I could have this finished... Whatever....

I wish a really happy new year for everyone here, Let's hope in January we'll get some good news.

God bless you all...

Kopje

Nov 28, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sunny94 said:
Hey guys. Looks like this year was just not for me. No news still from Vienna. I just wish I could have this finished... Whatever....

I wish a really happy new year for everyone here, Let's hope in January we'll get some good news.

God bless you all...

I wish you a happy new year too. Let's hope 2014 will bring good news for everyone still waiting ...

KKMoe

Star Member
Oct 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-03-2013
Doc's Request.
01-05-2013
AOR Received.
18-04-2013
File Transfer...
19-04-2013
Med's Done....
10-01-2013
Kopje said:
I wish you a happy new year too. Let's hope 2014 will bring good news for everyone still waiting ...
I wish everybody here a happy new year too!

b4roness

Jun 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-01-2014
Doc's Request.
New Police Cert. 11-02-2014
AOR Received.
Sponsor Approval 19-02-2014
Med's Done....
Nov-2013
Interview........
January 22, 2015 - Vienna - FAILED - Appealing.
Passport Req..
Exempt
LANDED..........
In God's time.
Happy New Year everyone!