+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

VIENNA OFFICE

sh33p

Star Member
Mar 14, 2020
Received pre-arrivals on Jan 25th. Any idea how long to PPR? Security and medicals passed. I think criminality has likely passed now.

goldenlizard

Apr 1, 2022
Anyone waiting for PPR? My medicals were completed on March 28, wondering how long to wait for PPR. I am in Germany so I guess its Vienna office who should send the PPR.

canada_in_321

Jan 13, 2022
Anyone waiting for PPR? My medicals were completed on March 28, wondering how long to wait for PPR. I am in Germany so I guess its Vienna office who should send the PPR.
Mine were done on March 19 in Vienna, still waiting. Although to be fair they did request biometrics fee the week after so that may have added a few days to the overall process. Will update you once I get a reply and would be great if you could do the same if you get PPR before me.

goldenlizard

Apr 1, 2022
Mine were done on March 19 in Vienna, still waiting. Although to be fair they did request biometrics fee the week after so that may have added a few days to the overall process. Will update you once I get a reply and would be great if you could do the same if you get PPR before me.
Absolutely, will do so.

I am not sure if I will get a request for biometrics because mine was done before. (My whole application is re-opened because I could not travel on my earlier COPR due to expiry while the Canada border was closed due to Covid.) In fact I do not even know if my application has been moved to Vienna office. I am just assuming because I now live in Germany, but when I had applied first, my application was in Ottawa as I lived in the USA back then. Was your application always in Vienna, or did it get moved at some point? Do you get informed when the application moves to Vienna?

canada_in_321

Jan 13, 2022
Absolutely, will do so.

I am not sure if I will get a request for biometrics because mine was done before. (My whole application is re-opened because I could not travel on my earlier COPR due to expiry while the Canada border was closed due to Covid.) In fact I do not even know if my application has been moved to Vienna office. I am just assuming because I now live in Germany, but when I had applied first, my application was in Ottawa as I lived in the USA back then. Was your application always in Vienna, or did it get moved at some point? Do you get informed when the application moves to Vienna?
I think my application was in Vienna from the start, at least based on email they were cominicating through. I got biometrics sorted out earlier as well but somehow they couldn't find biometrics fee receipt. In any case I think it should be wrapped up next week or the week after latest (fingers crossed).

goldenlizard

Apr 1, 2022
I think my application was in Vienna from the start, at least based on email they were cominicating through. I got biometrics sorted out earlier as well but somehow they couldn't find biometrics fee receipt. In any case I think it should be wrapped up next week or the week after latest (fingers crossed).
I see. The emails I received communication from have all been generic. donotreply@cic.... and similar to that. So my assumption is my application is at the Central Processing Center Ottawa, but at some point just before stamping will get transferred to Vienna. Time will tell.

Good luck for your PR.

canada_in_321

Jan 13, 2022
I see. The emails I received communication from have all been generic. donotreply@cic.... and similar to that. So my assumption is my application is at the Central Processing Center Ottawa, but at some point just before stamping will get transferred to Vienna. Time will tell.

Good luck for your PR.
Just noticed your signature :) You received request for visa? Would you know if it's actually Vienna?

goldenlizard

Apr 1, 2022
Just noticed your signature :) You received request for visa? Would you know if it's actually Vienna?
Got COPR late last evening. It came from Ottawa, not Vienna. But I have been asked to get in touch with them via web form in order to receive instructions on how to submit the passport if I do not have a mailing address in USA/Canada.

Slina

Jun 18, 2021
Is it true that Vienna office is very slow? I am from Europe and from I can gather online my country falls under this visa office for processing....

canada_in_321

Jan 13, 2022
Is it true that Vienna office is very slow? I am from Europe and from I can gather online my country falls under this visa office for processing....
From experience, it takes quite a bit until they get to your application (6 months in my case), afterwards it's <2 months to complete the process.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Essentially yes, first time for myself but then decided to add the common law partner as dependent after which the second RFP arrived.
Ah - so obviously this is not a family class case (the thread is vienna but the sub-forum is family class).

No problem overall but your experience of processing time through vienna may have nothing in common with family class / spousal sponsorship cases through vienna.