+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

VIENNA OFFICE

Pusheen

Aug 23, 2015
Hi everyone!

Was reading this forum for a while and got lots of useful tips. It's so great to see people sharing their experiences here, so will I :). In a few days we are going to send our application. So nervous. We are applying from outland. I have a question: if I am currently living in a country outside my native one, do I have to follow country specific instructions (IMM3901) for my current country of residence or my country of citizenship? I suppose the one where I am currently living/studying/residing.

MarijaSasa92

Star Member
Aug 2, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-08-2015
AOR Received.
02-10-2015
File Transfer...
(SA) 21-10-2015
Med's Request
Up Front
Med's Done....
07-07-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-01-2016
Greetings everyone, On the 18th of August I had sent the outland spousal sponsor app to Mississauga, it was received on the 20th. The countdown has begun. I am a Canadian citizen my wife is a Serbian citizen, I hold duel citizenship.

Aug 21, 2015
Pusheen said:
Hi everyone!

Was reading this forum for a while and got lots of useful tips. It's so great to see people sharing their experiences here, so will I :). In a few days we are going to send our application. So nervous. We are applying from outland. I have a question: if I am currently living in a country outside my native one, do I have to follow country specific instructions (IMM3901) for my current country of residence or my country of citizenship? I suppose the one where I am currently living/studying/residing.
My husband is living in London, UK but he is Hungarian. When we applied in January, we thought that our application would be sent in London after the sponsor approval. When I spoke to an Immigration Canada Agent, she explained to me that you need to specify in your application if you want it to be sent in your country of residence. If you don't specify, it is automaticaly sent to your country of citizenship. So choose wisely ... ;) Good luck !!

Aug 21, 2015
Hello everyone,
Does someone can explain to me how to write the stats about our immigration process on our profile as shown on the left side under our name when we write a post ? I would like to share my experience...
Thank you !!

suz789

Feb 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
very soon
MarijaSasa92 said:
Greetings everyone, On the 18th of August I had sent the outland spousal sponsor app to Mississauga, it was received on the 20th. The countdown has begun. I am a Canadian citizen my wife is a Serbian citizen, I hold duel citizenship.
Good Luck MarijaSasa92 .... we applied on March 16th, my Husband is from Serbia and I hold duel citizenship as well. Its a long and stressful process. I wish you the best of luck!!

suz789

Feb 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
very soon
anxious2015 said:
Hello everyone,

Lamja and BCSerbia, when your status changed to in process in Vienna, how long after did you get your PPR? I'm so anxious because we applied two weeks after Lamja and it has been 2 weeks today since your PPR. Tired of being left in the dark by CIC :(

Thanks!
Hi Anxious... we applied on March 16th as well, and our status was changed to in-process in the past week, however CIC has made a request for a copy of my Husbands' police clearance from Serbia. Which we submitted back in March. I thought that was a bit odd. We are sending that to Vienna this week and hope to hear something positive soon after?? Good luck

BCserbia

Aug 4, 2015
MarijaSasa92 said:
Hello :) my husband is Canadian , we had sent Outland app to Mississauga on February 11th , on August 8th I got my passport with visa and following papers , no interview no add papers asked .. All nice and fast .. I wish you the same :) no stress , if you have all papers mail them that they requested ( all fee payed-medical etc) everything will go nice and fast. Good luck

VOKSIN

Star Member
Oct 2, 2013
how long does it take to get the visa since file transfer(after SA)...Did my friend have chance to get visa before her medical pass because she done medical in November....Thanks

Pusheen

Aug 23, 2015
International Love said:
My husband is living in London, UK but he is Hungarian. When we applied in January, we thought that our application would be sent in London after the sponsor approval. When I spoke to an Immigration Canada Agent, she explained to me that you need to specify in your application if you want it to be sent in your country of residence. If you don't specify, it is automaticaly sent to your country of citizenship. So choose wisely ... ;) Good luck !!
Thank you for this information :). I spent more time reading about this issue. What I found out is that to choose the VO was optional some time ago, but this is changed now...basically they decide where to send your application. Now I am pretty sure my VO is Vienna (as I am residing in Germany last 4.5 years).

anxious2015

Star Member
Apr 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2015
AOR Received.
21-04-2015
File Transfer...
08-05-2015
Med's Done....
10-03-2015
Passport Req..
07-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-12-2015
LANDED..........
February 2016
suz789 said:
Hi Anxious... we applied on March 16th as well, and our status was changed to in-process in the past week, however CIC has made a request for a copy of my Husbands' police clearance from Serbia. Which we submitted back in March. I thought that was a bit odd. We are sending that to Vienna this week and hope to hear something positive soon after?? Good luck
Hi Suz789! I am happy to hear that your status changed to in process!! You must be excited! We have still not heard anything. My husband is also from Serbia and I am a Canadian citizen, but we are both living in South Korea atm. We changed our address recently and had to get the MP involved since Vienna never updated our address, so we are hoping that didn't cause some sort of delay. Out of curiousity, when did you receive your spousalship approval? In any case, good luck and keep us posted on what happens with your visa :)

suz789

Feb 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
very soon
anxious2015 said:
Hi Suz789! I am happy to hear that your status changed to in process!! You must be excited! We have still not heard anything. My husband is also from Serbia and I am a Canadian citizen, but we are both living in South Korea atm. We changed our address recently and had to get the MP involved since Vienna never updated our address, so we are hoping that didn't cause some sort of delay. Out of curiousity, when did you receive your spousalship approval? In any case, good luck and keep us posted on what happens with your visa :)
Hi Anxious2015, I've been following your posts since I noticed that we both had submitted on the same day. However, I received my official stage 1 approval on May 28th though. Our status did change to IN PROCESS, however, I think that was because we received an email from CIC last week asking us to submit the Police Clearance, which I thought I did. Thank God for this forum, after reading some of the posts I realized we submitted the wrong certificate, so that the correct one is going to be on its way to Vienna in the next day. Other than that, I'm afraid to get my hopes up, it's been a long emotional process. We tried 2x for a TRV visa for my Husband to come visit, both times, they rejected us. We tried the TRV thinking that most likely the Sponsorship would take about a year, and the separation is very difficult. So I'm afraid to even get my hopes up that we may hear soon and I can finally be reunited with my Husband. I wish you the best of luck, keep us posted!! 8)

MarijaSasa92

Star Member
Aug 2, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-08-2015
AOR Received.
02-10-2015
File Transfer...
(SA) 21-10-2015
Med's Request
Up Front
Med's Done....
07-07-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-01-2016
suz789 said:
Good Luck MarijaSasa92 .... we applied on March 16th, my Husband is from Serbia and I hold duel citizenship as well. Its a long and stressful process. I wish you the best of luck!!
Thank you, if you dont mind me asking how long did the whole process take you?

MarijaSasa92

Star Member
Aug 2, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-08-2015
AOR Received.
02-10-2015
File Transfer...
(SA) 21-10-2015
Med's Request
Up Front
Med's Done....
07-07-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-01-2016
BCserbia said:
Hello :) my husband is Canadian , we had sent Outland app to Mississauga on February 11th , on August 8th I got my passport with visa and following papers , no interview no add papers asked .. All nice and fast .. I wish you the same :) no stress , if you have all papers mail them that they requested ( all fee payed-medical etc) everything will go nice and fast. Good luck
Hi, we collected all the papers, translated them, paid all the fee's and sent it. From what I hear August is a good time to send the application. A friend of mine sent it last year the same date as I did and her husband got the passport and visa on December 18th. Thank you for the good wish's.

boris4c

May 3, 2015
Ottawa, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-01-2015
AOR Received.
24-03-2015
Passport Req..
24-07-2015
International Love said:
Hello everyone,
Does someone can explain to me how to write the stats about our immigration process on our profile as shown on the left side under our name when we write a post ? I would like to share my experience...
Thank you !!
You can edit that only after you have at least 10 posts on the forum. :D

Aug 21, 2015
boris4c said:
You can edit that only after you have at least 10 posts on the forum. :D
Thank you for the explanation !! :)

Therefore; I will share my journey in this post :D

As mentioned before, my husband is Hungarian and he is currently living in London, Uk. I am a Canadian citizen from "la province de Québec".

We applied on January 15th, 2015. I was approved as a sponsor on March 24th. Our application arrived in Vienna on April 8th. The visa office has started to process our application on July 23rd.

On August 5th, my husband received an email requesting a copy of the "Certificat de sélection du Québec". We submitted it by email the day after. FYI For Québec resident, you need to apply for both, Federal and Provincial, immigration.

No interview required...
No passport's request (visa exempted country)

On August 21st, a decision was made !!! YEAH !!!
And finally...
My husband received his Confirmation of Permanent Resident by mail on August 26th!!! :D ;)

It was incredibly fast !!! Lots of hope and love to all of you !!!

My husband and I will be officially reunited on September 24th <3