+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Victoria

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
Thanks guys. You solved most of my doubts. But, I am not going for MBA or leadership course there. I will be going for MGM (Masters in Global Management). I couldn't find much info about the scope of this course. Where do people get placed and how much do they get paid? Not many honest reviews about this one.
Thanks guys. You solved most of my doubts. But, I am not going for MBA or leadership course there. I will be going for MGM (Masters in Global Management). I couldn't find much info about the scope of this course. Where do people get placed and how much do they get paid? Not many honest reviews about this one.
I am able to find multiple profiles of people that have gone to this program on LinkedIn. None of them have got any job offers in Canada, and again have found success in their home country due to their past performance.

Your MGM program could be considered worse then a MBA program, anything with the words global management is a red flag for me. There isn't any job today that requires "global management".

If you really want to go to RRU, then we are not going to stop you. Just do your due diligence first before making a decision.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I am able to find multiple profiles of people that have gone to this program on LinkedIn. None of them have got any job offers in Canada, and again have found success in their home country due to their past performance.

Your MGM program could be considered worse then a MBA program, anything with the words global management is a red flag for me. There isn't any job today that requires "global management".

If you really want to go to RRU, then we are not going to stop you. Just do your due diligence first before making a decision.
Yes even a good college course would be much better and cheaper. RRU seems to be very popular with consultants because there is a high acceptance rate. I wouldn’t be surprised if the consultants get paid per student who attends RRU.

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
If you are really hell bent on spending
Yes even a good college course would be much better and cheaper. RRU seems to be very popular with consultants because there is a high acceptance rate. I wouldn’t be surprised if the consultants get paid per student who attends RRU.
I personally would be surprised if any consultant was not taking money from a college.

After seeing all the people from India getting stuck in various countries after being duped by consultants, I have immense hatred for the consultancy industry. There maybe some good agents, but I just don't want to touch that.

I would prefer doing a post graduate certificate/diploma with a co-op in a public college, compared to doing a masters course in a not so well known university.

Reactions: k.h.p.

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
Guys, what would you recommend then? Yes. I was suggested RRU by an agent. I already have a masters in management studies and bachelors in commerce field if that helps. Are you sure there are no jobs for MGM passouts? This another thread says the opposite
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/royal-roads-university-mgm-master-of-global-management.243559/
Read the entire thread first, there are many other comments pointing out the negatives.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Yeah. I know. But, there are some good reviews too. I am really confused now:(
There's nothing to be confused about. If you want to willfully deceive yourself, then no one can really help.

If you are that unsure about your job prospects in Canada, I would suggest you do a lot more research before forking over money to a consultant.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Did you get a study permit? Doing MGM after your other masters would not be considered a logical progression and adding on to your skills. Usually someone with that profile gets denied.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
International students are a big business. Feel like I’ve interacted with people representing a few universities/colleges on this forum after I discouraged people from selecting a certain school. There are alumni who don’t want to admit that they made a bad choice in attending a school as well. Would suggest you contact a few employers or people working in your field of interest in Canada and ask politely about whether they would recommend the school. Many will not reply but if you are short and concise some will probably respond.

MiteshS94

Dec 29, 2018
There's nothing to be confused about. If you want to willfully deceive yourself, then no one can really help.

If you are that unsure about your job prospects in Canada, I would suggest you do a lot more research before forking over money to a consultant.
Now you are really scaring me!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Then which course would you recommend?
Have you looked to see if you qualify for express entry? The issue is that it is hard to find a course after an MBA. You'll have to look based on your previous education and work experience. Project management may be an option.

MiteshS94

Dec 29, 2018
Have you looked to see if you qualify for express entry? The issue is that it is hard to find a course after an MBA. You'll have to look based on your previous education and work experience. Project management may be an option.
No. I am not looking for express entry. Seen people who left their job here to get settled there and they remained jobless for about 6 months. Also, I don't have much savings and my parents are willing to sponsor me for education.
Project management as a diploma course or a degree?

MiteshS94

Dec 29, 2018
Dear sirs,
You have left me in a dilemma now. I am not sure what to do with the RRU application I made. If there are no jobs for global business management graduates, why is their govt allowing them to conduct the courses? All students won't go back to their home country, there must be a handful who got placed and are happy with their progress! I am really confused.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
No. I am not looking for express entry. Seen people who left their job here to get settled there and they remained jobless for about 6 months. Also, I don't have much savings and my parents are willing to sponsor me for education.
Project management as a diploma course or a degree?
Why are you studying in Canada and not at a good university if the goal isn't to immigrate?