+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Victoria

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Dear sirs,
You have left me in a dilemma now. I am not sure what to do with the RRU application I made. If there are no jobs for global business management graduates, why is their govt allowing them to conduct the courses? All students won't go back to their home country, there must be a handful who got placed and are happy with their progress! I am really confused.
Does every school in India lead to jobs especially the lowest ranked ones? It is up to the student to do their research before applying to a school like you must have done in your home country.

MiteshS94

Dec 29, 2018
Does every school in India lead to jobs especially the lowest ranked ones? It is up to the student to do their research before applying to a school like you must have done in your home country.
No. Very difficult to get a job in India given the population and the students passing out each year. But what Selvakk sir said regarding the RRU passouts that none of them got jobs in Canada is making me nervous:(

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
It's your choice. The government of Canada does not tell universities what degrees they can offer based on job prospects for students; if that were the case, there would never be any degrees in fine arts, sociology and political science, gender studies, or ancient languages.

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
No. Very difficult to get a job in India given the population and the students passing out each year. But what Selvakk sir said regarding the RRU passouts that none of them got jobs in Canada is making me nervous:(
There is no country in the world where you can get jobs easily. That's not going to happen in India and it's not going to happen in Canada. Canada's demand is more towards its aging population with regards to nursing and other allied fields. Since the population is growing older along with a stagnant birth rate, there will be more demand for lower-skilled work.

For mid management to upper management level of work. You are likely to find it very difficult to break in due to local competition, competition from new PR's and fellow international students.

I would suggest that you really think your plans through before you commit any finances towards it. You need to decide your future career decision. We can only give you an opinion as well as facts.

For me personally, I am planning to come with an open mind, and I don't mind returning to my home country if I get a good opportunity. You have to decide what it is that you are aiming to do.

MiteshS94

Dec 29, 2018
All of you know much better than me. So, as a young brother, what would your advice be? Is RRU worth it? Or should I do some PG diploma course? Keeping in mind that my age is 28 with 3 years of experience and 7.5 in IELTS with no band less than 6.5. What else would be recommended for me? I don't want to do PHD.

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
All of you know much better than me. So, as a young brother, what would your advice be? Is RRU worth it? Or should I do some PG diploma course? Keeping in mind that my age is 28 with 3 years of experience and 7.5 in IELTS with no band less than 6.5. What else would be recommended for me? I don't want to do PHD.
I would suggest doing another masters, just not at RRU.

MiteshS94

Dec 29, 2018
I would suggest doing another masters, just not at RRU.
Like what? I won't be qualified for much courses since I am from the commerce background and an Mba from a good school will require GMAT. So, which course would you suggest me?

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
Like what? I won't be qualified for much courses since I am from the commerce background and an Mba from a good school will require GMAT. So, which course would you suggest me?
Masters in a finance, accounts etc, something business related or a PGdiploma. Getting visa for a PG Diploma after MBA will be difficult.

MiteshS94

Dec 29, 2018
Masters in a finance, accounts etc, something business related or a PGdiploma. Getting visa for a PG Diploma after MBA will be difficult.
In most colleges, MFin is a one year course, so won't qualify for 3 years pgwp whereas in some places it is a part time course. Yeah, I was told the same about the visa for diploma courses.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
In most colleges, MFin is a one year course, so won't qualify for 3 years pgwp whereas in some places it is a part time course. Yeah, I was told the same about the visa for diploma courses.
I still don't understand why you aren't looking at getting a PR through Express Entry.

You want to immigrate, right? Well, come here with a PR and then decide whether you want to go to college for a course. You won't have to pay international tuition so it will probably be a lot cheaper as well.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
RRU's MGM program is ~$27k for domestic students, and ~$32k for internationals. Not a lot of savings.

It's really designed as we said above - to give management an excuse to get a raise. Or to bilk international students out of $32k.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
RRU's MGM program is ~$27k for domestic students, and ~$32k for internationals. Not a lot of savings.

It's really designed as we said above - to give management an excuse to get a raise. Or to bilk international students out of $32k.
Well not RRU, maybe a different (better) college. I'm not too familiar with Canadian higher ed, but I'm sure there's a reasonable difference between international tuition and in-state tuition at most good schools.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
At most. A lot of grad schools had resisted charging international students exorbitant fees but I think they're giving in now.