+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

VFS India

Lazy_thinker

Aug 21, 2020
Hello everyone,
Does anyone have any idea when VFS in India will open? I cannot seem to book an appointment. I need to give my biometrics and the time is running out. Any ideas what other students have done?
Please any advice will be appreciated.

fauzankhan

Oct 23, 2020
You can wait for them to open or you can give biometrics in Dubai. Also if they open they won’t be operating in 100% capacity, so now you know what to do.

nixferns

Aug 26, 2020
Hello everyone,
Does anyone have any idea when VFS in India will open? I cannot seem to book an appointment. I need to give my biometrics and the time is running out. Any ideas what other students have done?
Please any advice will be appreciated.
Dude, people are waiting since March to give biometrics in India. IRCC in their recent webinars also mentioned that they might prioritise who can go for biometrics once VFS opens. So only those who can travel to Canada will get appointments i.e you either are a fall student with an AIP and your DLI has an approved covid plan or your DLI is approved and you're a 2021 student.

Also, If you're referring to the expiry date on your biometrics letter, then that doesn't matter. Once VFS opens you can go for your biometrics with the same expired letter.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lazy_thinker

mithun5991

Star Member
Jun 6, 2020
Guys, there is good news that VFS has re-opened in most of the countries like Russia, Colombia, Philippines, Zimbabwe, Oman, Kuwait, USA, Ireland, UK, China, Poland, Turkey and so on yesterday {28.10.2020). Reopening in India is expected anytime now. Our waiting would over in very few days. Cheers!!
Hope so brother. Hope so (fingers crossed)

Lazy_thinker

Aug 21, 2020
Guys, there is good news that VFS has re-opened in most of the countries like Russia, Colombia, Philippines, Zimbabwe, Oman, Kuwait, USA, Ireland, UK, China, Poland, Turkey and so on yesterday {28.10.2020). Reopening in India is expected anytime now. Our waiting would over in very few days. Cheers!!
Great news then

jbdot0941

Jan 23, 2019
Dude what do you have for breakfast ? Oatmeal and optimism ?

pt3

Star Member
Sep 1, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
31 August 2018
File Transfer...
Transferred to New Delhi from Ottawa
Passport Req..
7 November 2020
VISA ISSUED...
02 December 2020
Anyone who has received PPR from NDVO, did you receive the consent form and courier instructions from VFS?

neverb4

Oct 30, 2020
Waiting on VFS to open.... Had my biometrics date in march 2020 when the country went under lockdown. Now my IELTS results are gonna expire in MARCH 2021 as its been 2 years since the exam... I am thinking of getting a refund and lose 1,50,000 rupees in the process as I have already paid the first year fees since like 2019 and have been deferring my admissions since. IDK if I want to re apply for IELTS anymore.

rajahir

Star Member
Jan 6, 2020
VFS India is reopening from tomorrow (Nov-20) the locations for biometrics for Family Class Sponsorship and Student Visa as a priority. Good Luck.!

As per the official 'Canada in India (High Commission of Canada' Page on Facebook

VAC Update

Visa Application Centres (VACs) will begin scheduling limited biometric appointments as of November 20 in: Delhi, Chandigarh, Jalandhar, Mumbai, Ahmedabad and Bengaluru. Family Class applicants and Study Permit principal applicants will have priority as we phase in services.

Walk-in clients at the VACs are not permitted. All appointments must be confirmed in advance. Please do not visit the VAC unless you are attending your own scheduled appointment.

If you have a unique Biometric Instructions Letter (BIL) issued by IRCC, you will receive additional instructions via email to the email ID we have on file for you on how to schedule your biometric appointment.
We appreciate your patience. More appointments will become available each week as we phase in this service.

harsh_8081

Star Member
Aug 8, 2020
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
19-09-2020
Hello,

I am a CEC inland applicant with my spouse back home as a secondary applicant. I am exempt from Biometrics and I received a BIL for my wife.

Covid-19 Updates
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, the Visa Application Centres (VACs) in India will be offering limited services until further notice. For details on services currently available at the VACs, please refer to the information provided in the tabs below.
Until further notice, please disregard the information on the remaining pages of this website.
  • Effective 20 November 2020, Canada visa applicants can begin scheduling limited appointments for biometric enrollments at Canada Visa Applications Centres in 6 cities - Delhi, Jalandhar, Chandigarh, Mumbai, Ahmedabad, and Bengaluru.
  • Effective 25 November 2020, Canada visa applicants who have submitted online applications for family class priority – spouses, partners and children (FCP) category can enroll biometrics at Canada Visa Applications Centres in 6 cities - Delhi, Jalandhar, Chandigarh, Mumbai, Ahmedabad, and Bengaluru.
  • Effective 25 November 2020, Canada visa applicants can begin scheduling limited appointments for biometric enrollments at Canada Visa Applications Centres at Kolkata, Chennai, Hyderabad and Pune.
  • Effective 02 December 2020, Canada visa applicants who have submitted online applications for student (SP) category and family class priority – spouses, partners and children (FCP) can enroll biometrics at Canada Visa Applications Centres in 6 cities - Delhi, Jalandhar, Chandigarh, Mumbai, Ahmedabad, and Bengaluru.
  • Effective 02 December 2020, Canada visa applicants who have submitted online applications for categories of student (SP) and family class priority – spouses, partners and children (FCP) can enroll biometrics at Canada Visa Applications Centres at Kolkata, Chennai, Hyderabad and Pune.

Am I eligible to book an appointment according to the above priorities for my wife?

Thank you... Experts please reply