+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

VFS INDIA - BIOMETRICS STARTED BUT 2WAY COURIER STILL SUSPENDED!

kat_dog

Star Member
May 27, 2021
How ridiculous is this? In India they started biometrics which requires physical presence of a person, but 2 way courier is still suspended.

Is it possible that, since there is a travel ban from India to Canada, they won't be starting 2way courier since nobody is supposed to be travelling?

What's your guys' input on this? Will it open in the coming weeks, months?

DevSB

Mar 27, 2021
That is the sense I get from this point:

3/4) Travel restrictions remain in place for individuals travelling to Canada. Even if clients have a valid visa, they may not be able to travel to Canada at this time.

because in any case, courier services are low-contact.

Shadow_Man

Dec 7, 2019
India
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
23/04/2021
Med's Done....
23-11-2020
Passport Req..
24-07-2021
VISA ISSUED...
13-08-2021
They don't want us using alternative ways to travel. If passport is stamped then there ways to travel so they didn't restart it yet. Now for the the reopening I believe, the end of this month or the beginning of next month. There is also a chance for it to be extended until the travel ban is lifted but that is low imo. We have to wait for the official announcemnt.

ArifDhamani

Jan 14, 2021
Relax buddy. The two way PPR service isn't only available to students, but also to people who are going to Canada to work. If the PPR service resumes, we won't be the only ones sending our passports. The biometrics service has only been restarted for STUDENTS, and no one else. They must still be finding a way to restart the two way PPR service for ONLY STUDENTS. They should have a solution by next week. Don't worry, i've been waiting on my PPR since almost 2 months now. I feel you. Just cross your fingers and pray.

kat_dog

Star Member
May 27, 2021
Relax buddy. The two way PPR service isn't only available to students, but also to people who are going to Canada to work. If the PPR service resumes, we won't be the only ones sending our passports. The biometrics service has only been restarted for STUDENTS, and no one else. They must still be finding a way to restart the two way PPR service for ONLY STUDENTS. They should have a solution by next week. Don't worry, i've been waiting on my PPR since almost 2 months now. I feel you. Just cross your fingers and pray.
Same position as you, student applicant waiting for stamping for 2 months. Frustrating as hell.

balpreet1327

Dec 10, 2020
Approved immigrants can travel to Canada as of June 21Valid COPR holders can now enter Canada. Some 23,000 Confirmation of Permanent Residence have been issued since Canada introduced coronavirus travel restrictions in March 2020.
Kareem El-Assal
Published on June 21st, 2021 at 10:00am EDTUpdated on June 21st, 2021 at 10:59am EDT

Valid Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) holders can complete their landing in Canada as of today, June 21, 2021.

The Government of Canada made the announcement this morning at 10 AM Eastern Standard Time (EST).

Discover if You’re Eligible for Canadian Immigration

In its announcement, the Canadian government said that the COPR must be valid for an individual to travel to Canada to complete their landing.

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) is working with expired COPR holders to reissue new COPRs.

A COPR is issued to those who have been approved by IRCC to immigrate to Canada. This means the individual has met IRCC’s program criteria, paid their fees, and passed health, security, and criminality screenings. With a COPR, they can travel to Canada to begin their new life.

However, a total of 23,000 COPRs, according to Canadian government data, have not been able to travel to Canada since March 2020, when the Canadian government imposed coronavirus travel restrictions.

Up until today, only those who held a valid COPR issued on or before March 18, 2020 were exempt from Canada’s COVID-19 travel restrictions. Those who got their COPR after March 18, 2020 could only come to Canada if they met one of Canada’s other travel exemptions or were a resident of the United States and were moving to Canada to settle permanently.

Canadian government: Do not travel to Canada if your COPR is expired
The Canadian government noted that more information on when and how to obtain a new COPR will be posted shortly on IRCC’s website.

It stressed that anyone with an expired COPR should not book their flight or attempt to travel to Canada until IRCC issues a new COPR to them.

COPRs are valid for up to one year. They are tied to the applicant’s passport and their immigration medical examination. Many individuals have been unable to travel to Canada due to coronavirus disruptions or because they do not fall under one of Canada’s travel restrictions. This has caused their COPR to expire. They will not need to go through the immigration process again, however they will need IRCC to reissue a new valid COPR to enable them to travel to Canada.

Discover if You’re Eligible for Canadian Immigration

© CIC News All Rights Reserved. Visit CanadaVisa.com to discover your Canadian immigration options.