+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

VERY URGENT: Affidavit Format for DoB certificate

IMMI_123

Star Member
Jun 11, 2012
Hello,

Per my understanding from this forum, people who don't have Birth certificates had tried differ options : Affidavit along with passport copies, 10th certificate, Certificate of DOB from Indian counslate etc. Many lucky members got it approved with these documents..But, for some unlucky members, CIC rejected the application...looks like it all depends on the Visa officer. If you can get your birth certificate, then that's what is required. If not, you have try your chances with whatever documents you have with you right now. That's how I applied since I don't have birth certificate either. I just applied, so don't know the result yet. You can also search the discussion threads in this forum for suggestions. Thx, IMMI

cecapp369

Star Member
Dec 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-05-2012
Doc's Request.
18-01-2013
AOR Received.
28-08-2012
IELTS Request
sent with app
Med's Request
23-04-2013
Med's Done....
30-04-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
14-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-09-2013
LANDED..........
22-09-2013
Hi,

I have applied for CEC in Oct 2011 and I submitted my DOB proof as my Secondary School Certificate and my passport copy. They didn't raise any concerns over my DOB proof although my application was rejected for some other reason. ( not becoz of my DOB proof)

I applied again in May 2012 with the same documentary proofs. They sent my application back in just a weeks time ( remember, it is sent back not rejected). They asked me to send them an affidavit and I sent them the application with Affidavit. It is currently in progress and not sure what could be their decision on my DOB proof.

Andy2109

Champion Member
May 7, 2012
London Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02 Jan 13
AOR Received.
17 Feb 13
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
23 Oct 13
Wondering if the Affidavit in Canada needs to be notarized by only a public lawyer or could it also be Commissioner of Oaths ?
Does CIC accept both ?

Any thoughts Senorita ?

newcecapp

Star Member
Jun 12, 2012
Can I get notary done to my own format of DOB Affidavit and submit it along with my secondary school certificate?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

newcecapp said:
someone, please confirm if affidavits submitted along with the secondary school ceritificates containing the DoB should be sufficient as I dont have the birth certificates?
If you have your 10th year school certificate, you don't need an affidavit.

Andy2109

Champion Member
May 7, 2012
London Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02 Jan 13
AOR Received.
17 Feb 13
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
23 Oct 13
Sorry PMM, I beg to disagree with your comment.
10th Grade School Certificate is not accepted by CIC as DOB evidence. Though it purely depends on the Officer, but in most of the cases, School Certificates have been rejected and Affidavit has been insisted upon.

cecapp369

Star Member
Dec 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-05-2012
Doc's Request.
18-01-2013
AOR Received.
28-08-2012
IELTS Request
sent with app
Med's Request
23-04-2013
Med's Done....
30-04-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
14-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-09-2013
LANDED..........
22-09-2013
Hi newcecapp,

I saw the format of the Affidavit you presented in this post. That is the exact format which I prepared too. But, it was not prepared by me. I went to a community legal services center, with the letter from CIC requesting the same, my passport copy, my secondary school certificate and they prepared the Affidavit for me and put their seal on it. You need to send that original record them.

Why do we need to notirize it? It makes no sense to me. Because, the affidavit will have a seal of the Lawyer who issued that with their name, reg# and other details.

newcecapp

Star Member
Jun 12, 2012
I went to a lawyer and he prepared the affidavit for me and put his seal on it. I am going to submit it in original along with my secondary school certificate.

show_aib

Aug 25, 2015
I went to a lawyer and he prepared the affidavit for me and put his seal on it. I am going to submit it in original along with my secondary school certificate.
Hello, I know this is an old thread, please can you tell me what was the outcome, did they accept it

Mandeep76

Dec 7, 2019
Hi,
For sibling relationship proof,
Last pages of our passport will be fine? or birth certificate are mandatory to attach.
because my mother name on birth certificate and passport have one letter difference
I dont know what to do as only 20 days left to complete application.
Any help will be appreciated.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hi,
For sibling relationship proof,
Last pages of our passport will be fine? or birth certificate are mandatory to attach.
because my mother name on birth certificate and passport have one letter difference
I dont know what to do as only 20 days left to complete application.
Any help will be appreciated.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html#s06

"Proof of relationship to a relative in Canada, status of a relative in Canada and residence status of a relative in Canada (including a brother or sister for the purpose of obtaining additional CRS points)
Document requirements

• This documentation is required if the applicant indicates that they, or their accompanying spouse or common-law partner, have a family member in Canada who is a permanent resident or a Canadian citizen.
  • A copy of both sides of the family member's Canadian citizenship document, Canadian birth certificate and/or permanent resident card must be provided.
  • Evidence that the family member currently resides in Canada must be provided (a residential lease, mortgage documents, utility bills, etc.).
    • The documents must show their address in Canada and should be recent (dated within six months prior to submission).
  • Proof of the relationship of the applicant or the accompanying spouse or common-law partner to the family member must also be provided (e.g., a birth certificate, an official document naming the applicant as a relative, a copy of the inside back cover of the relative’s passport showing the relative’s parents’ marriage certificate, legal adoption documents and any other documents that prove or describe the relationship).
  • If the applicant claims a stepbrother or stepsister, there should be no evidence in the application that the marriage or common-law relationship between the parents of the stepbrother or stepsister has broken down."

Mandeep76

Dec 7, 2019
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html#s06

"Proof of relationship to a relative in Canada, status of a relative in Canada and residence status of a relative in Canada (including a brother or sister for the purpose of obtaining additional CRS points)
Document requirements

• This documentation is required if the applicant indicates that they, or their accompanying spouse or common-law partner, have a family member in Canada who is a permanent resident or a Canadian citizen.
  • A copy of both sides of the family member's Canadian citizenship document, Canadian birth certificate and/or permanent resident card must be provided.
  • Evidence that the family member currently resides in Canada must be provided (a residential lease, mortgage documents, utility bills, etc.).
    • The documents must show their address in Canada and should be recent (dated within six months prior to submission).
  • Proof of the relationship of the applicant or the accompanying spouse or common-law partner to the family member must also be provided (e.g., a birth certificate, an official document naming the applicant as a relative, a copy of the inside back cover of the relative’s passport showing the relative’s parents’ marriage certificate, legal adoption documents and any other documents that prove or describe the relationship).
  • If the applicant claims a stepbrother or stepsister, there should be no evidence in the application that the marriage or common-law relationship between the parents of the stepbrother or stepsister has broken down."
If i claim points for my brother as pr in canada,
Then is it going to show for sections?
a) section for proof of relationship of sibling in canada
B) section for sibling residency?
C) section for sibling PR card proof?
D) a section for family member status in Canada?
I called CIC that what documents to upload in section d and he said PR card. but i wonder then same document for section C and d like PR card is fine ?
Please reply

hemant_s

Aug 12, 2023
my PNP non express entry application got returned due to no birth certificate, Can anyone help what documents to be attached with application instead of birth certificate?